Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

World Bank Md, Dr.okonjo Recently Quit Her Job At World Bank For Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / World Bank Md, Dr.okonjo Recently Quit Her Job At World Bank For Nigeria (878 Views)

Oti Ikomi Resigns As Keystone Bank MD / Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? / Dr. Okonjo-Iweala Fails To Show Up For Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Bank Md, Dr.okonjo Recently Quit Her Job At World Bank For Nigeria by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2011
World Bank Managing Director, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala recently quit her job at the Bank to join President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria’s cabinet as Finance Minister yesterday.

Dr. Iweala will serve as Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, World Bank President, Robert Zoellick said in a statement.

“Her desire to serve her country is truly a big loss for the World Bank but a major gain for Nigeria as it works to craft its economic way forward,” he said.

“We think President Goodluck Jonathan’s selection of the World Bank MD will result in a vote of confidence for his administration, and suggests he is serious about initiating fiscal reforms,” investment banking and private equity firm, Renaissance Capital said in a research note.

Former Goldman Sachs executive, Mr. Olusegun Aganga is expected to oversee the country’s recently created Sovereign Wealth Fund going forward.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/07/09/dr-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-quits-world-bank-job-to-become-nigerias-finance-minister/
Re: World Bank Md, Dr.okonjo Recently Quit Her Job At World Bank For Nigeria by OAM4J: 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2011
I wish her all the best of lucks for the sake of Nigeria and her future. I just hope PDP will let her succeed!

I wish to see how she tackles the deep rooted corruption in government cos i doubt there will be any meaningful result without fighting corruption.

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Show You The Secret Of Making $500 Monthly / Sme Business Idea Forum / Genuine Shops To Buy Furnitures Outside Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.