Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep (547 Views)

How Organic Stem Cell Helps People Looking For Babies To Conceive. / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / See The High Number Of Babies To Be Born In Nigeria on New Year Day By UNICEF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by Skaylite(m): 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
We’ve all heard it before. The middle of the night, and you’re fast asleep only to be jolted awake by the sound of an infant crying its lungs out right beside your ear. What causes babies to cry in their sleep? More importantly, what can you do about it? Read on to learn more about the causes of baby crying during sleep and what you can do to help.

Let’s dive in right now.

<b>Babies cry because they are having a nightmare or a bad dream.<b/>
Night terrors are believed to be a psychological disorder more than anything else. Also called sleep terrors, they are episodes of extreme fear while sleeping that lead one into a state of partial or complete arousal.

The child may sweat and/or breathe heavily and make sounds such as grunting, yelling, or crying.

In some cases he may sit up and wander around. Most children do not remember these episodes upon waking, so talking about them after an episode does little good.

Night terrors are frightening for parents because they cannot comfort or wake up their child.

It’s recommended that you just stay calm, reassure your child that he is safe, and then wait until it passes. If you need to, try tapping your child lightly on his shoulder or rubbing his back until he calms down.

Do not shake him as doing so could make him worse. Then help him get back into bed and stay with him until he falls asleep again.

Remember that night terrors are common and tend to be outgrown by a child’s late childhood or early teens.

If they persist, or if your child begins having them regularly after he has been past it for a while, talk with his doctor. The cause may be deeper than you think.

<b>Babies cry because they are uncomfortable.<b/>

They may have a dry mouth, or be thirsty. They may be gassy or have an upset stomach. Or they might just be missing you.

Babies can’t tell us what is wrong when they wake up crying, so it’s important to learn how to calm them down and figure out why they are waking up so you can find ways of preventing future nights of being woken up with your baby screaming bloody murder at 3am!

Babies need a certain amount of sleep, but they will often wake up before they are fully rested.

Sometimes they’ll go back to sleep easily, and other times it may take awhile. If your baby wakes up frequently at night, one way you can make them feel more comfortable is by swaddling them in a thin blanket.

This works especially well for breastfed babies because nursing can sometimes cause their stomachs to feel full when there is actually room for more food.

<b>Babies cry because they are scared.<b/>
Babies are not born with full brains, so they learn from experience. What babies need is reassurance that everything is okay, and then you need to make sure that nothing really is wrong.

Babies have a strong instinct for self-preservation and self-interest, so when they sense danger or feel threatened by something, it’s all over.

Babies will always cry when they are in need of something. Many babies startle themselves awake or wake up from nightmares and begin crying before they even realize what’s going on.

Whatever it is that’s scaring them, they want you to help protect them from it.

There are two steps involved in stopping your baby from crying: discover what’s wrong, and solve it!

Click the LINK for more details
https://childupbring.com.ng/babies-to-cry-in-their-sleep/
Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by DoggoneDogg: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
Parents farts
Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by 3kay945(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2022
Hmm, sometimes those little creatures just cry for no reasons.
Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by Peebaby93: 8:00am On Apr 28, 2022
Sometimes they need attention, especially when they feel alone
Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by ImaIma1(f): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
I just pat them in their sleep to reassure and comfort them without waking them when it happens.
Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by Mariangeles(f): 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
ImaIma1:
I just pat them in their sleep to reassure and comfort them without waking them when it happens.

I remember my mum telling me that the reason why babies cry in their sleep could be because they're having bad dreams about their mothers being attacked. cheesy
Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by ImaIma1(f): 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
Mariangeles:

I remember my mum telling me that the reason why babies cry in their sleep could be because they're having bad dreams about their mothers being attacked. cheesy

Lol

I try to imagine what bad dream a baby could possibly be having? Someone taking their lollipop or what? cheesy
Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by Mariangeles(f): 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
ImaIma1:

Lol

I try to imagine what bad dream a baby could possibly be having? Someone taking their lollipop or what? cheesy

If you think about it, it could be true o. cheesy

I mean, what else could be a baby's problem in life enough to make the baby cry in his/her sleep?

All they really care about in their short existence is mummy and boobies. grin

Try to playfully hit a mother with her baby watching, and see what happens. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by ImaIma1(f): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
Mariangeles:

If you think about it, it could be true o. cheesy

I mean, what else could be a baby's problem in life enough to make the baby cry in his/her sleep?

All they really care about in their short existence is mummy and boobies. grin

Try playfully hit a mother with her baby watching, and see what happens. cheesy

The bolded is true. They could start crying.
Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by Mariangeles(f): 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
ImaIma1:

The bolded is true. They could start crying.

Baby boys will hit you right back. grin
Even if you're dada. cheesy
Re: What Causes Babies To Cry In Their Sleep by Whois(m): 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
Babies have tiny stomach, they can't eat much at once so they have to wake up to eat every 3/4 hours cool.

(1) (Reply)

Kia Sorento 2008 Model Car For Sale... / Video-tanzania Woman Allegedly Turns Into A Cow After Sleeping With Married Man / Karma Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.