Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,218 members, 7,811,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? (760 Views)

Moving Back To Nigeria: What Can One Do For A Living? / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by flokidfanatic: 9:00am On Apr 28, 2022
Did you move back or consider moving back to Nigeria? I would like to hear your reason.

I have been living here(London, UK) for 3yrs now and despite the fact that I have a good job and living relatively well, I still have a consistent feeling about moving back home. Everything and everyone that I know is back home. Also, I do honestly feel like I will live better in Abuja(pay less bills lipsrsealed). But I am scared I might regret my decision down the line.

I know for sure I cannot be the first to have such thoughts or doubts so I wanted to post here to hear from people. Please comment if you have some experience.

mod please help get this to the front page if you can. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by NuclearReactor: 9:08am On Apr 28, 2022
Waiting for the elders to arive and give counsel
Re: Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by HRprof: 9:56am On Apr 28, 2022
There is no place like HOME. I'm sure when you are relocating you never thought you could have this feelings of coming back home. But is good to experince things some times. For me I only visit abroad and return back never live there to experince the feeling you are feeling right now, but wait for the experienced elders, they are on their way to reply you. Wish you good council.
@disguy
@justwise
@lalastislala
Push to front page OP needs wise council before he makes a wrong decision

1 Like

Re: Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by kizonero(m): 8:36am On Apr 29, 2022
flokidfanatic:
Did you move back or consider moving back to Nigeria? I would like to hear your reason.

I have been living here(London, UK) for 3yrs now and despite the fact that I have a good job and living relatively well, I still have a consistent feeling about moving back home. Everything and everyone that I know is back home. Also, I do honestly feel like I will live better in Abuja(pay less bills lipsrsealed). But I am scared I might regret my decision down the line.

I know for sure I cannot be the first to have such thoughts or doubts so I wanted to post here to hear from people. Please comment if you have some experience.

Hmm, how I wish it's possible for us to do swapping. You come back home while I stay over there with your visa grin

Like seriously bro, why would you think of coming to this part of the country where everything is so unsettled as we speak. Country where everybody wants to leave as they see no home in the nearest future. Bros reason am well o...

If ur visa status is okay, why not come down, chill for a month then return back. Except if your Pali is not okay

3 Likes

Re: Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by suffering: 8:38am On Apr 29, 2022
Come back and find out.
Re: Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by DisGuy: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2022
flokidfanatic:

Have you visited in the last 3 years? Maybe you should take your next leave in Nigeria- 2-3 weeks should do

Are you looking to move into a family house? what sort of bills relative to your income would you be saving?
Re: Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by flokidfanatic: 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2022
DisGuy:

Have you visited in the last 3 years? Maybe you should take your next leave in Nigeria- 2-3 weeks should do

Are you looking to move into a family house? what sort of bills relative to your income would you be saving?

I visit every year.

I am looking to rent a place on my own. I am looking to save on rent particularly(I currently pay £1,300 monthly for a one bed), there are many other bills too.

Also, I can make practically the same amount of money I currently make here in Nigeria(working remotely)
Re: Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by DisGuy: 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2022
flokidfanatic:

I visit every year.

I am looking to rent a place on my own. I am looking to save on rent particularly(I currently pay £1,300 monthly for a one bed), there are many other bills too.

Also, I can make practically the same amount of money I currently make here in Nigeria(working remotely)

Then go for it, test drive for maybe 3/6months. There might be some initial cost- broadband, Generator/Solar

Just remember those 2-3weeks visit don't touch the sides

Abuja is particularly less stressful than Lagos for example and with family member around its always a bonus

1 Like

Re: Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
only leave when you have gotten British passport biko

5 Likes

Re: Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? by Icon2007: 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
Depending on what you want to do Nigeria since you will not be looking for job you are not loosing anything by relocating here dont listen to jappa groups alone. Try and read between the lines the advise of people that has experienced what you are experiencing now. God help you in your decision.

(1) (Reply)

From Sango Ota To Isheri-igando / The 1992 Nigerian Air Force Plane Crash-The Worst In Nigeria's Aviation History? / Passengers Grateful To Be Alive As Plane Reportedly Cra§h-lands At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.