Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! (1123 Views)

2023 Is Atiku’s Last Chance – White Witches And Wizards / Two Generals, 70 Others Killed In Nigeria Last Week As Insecurity Worsens / My Scary Dream About Nigeria Last Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2022
Orji Kalu made an interesting statement that both SW and SS should support a candidate from SE to emerge as president. There is a saying that he who must come to equity must do so with clean hands. The argument is that power should rotate to South, now what's the rationale for SW that would have ruled for 16 years cumulatively and SS that has ruled for 8 years cumulatively compete against SE that hasn't ruled ruled? If they must contest based on the strict tenets of democracy, then why blackmail the North not to contest? Isn't that the height of hypocrisy and insincerity?

I'm not a politician but I can see that North is cunningly exploiting such hypocrisy and insincerity and would use it to deal a blow on all Southerners.

They may eventually allow a region in the South aside SE to clinch the APC ticket, then manipulate PDP to bring a Northerner as flag bearer. Once this happens, even Northerners who are APC card carrying members would end up openly supporting the Northerner in PDP.

When this eventually happens, what would be the argument of the SW and SS? Would they claim to have been betrayed or shortchanged?

Allowing a SW to emerge president in 2023 would mean they've ruled far more than any geopolitical zone, including NW! Do my naive Yoruba brothers think the North would allow that or they're not aware?

Nigeria is already fractured and state institutions have become very fragile. Now that everyone in the SE, both politicians, elite, proliterates, traders, peasants etc all believe that Igbos are being grossly marginalized in Nigeria and they're being reduced to slave status, do anyone in all sincerity believe they would accept such fate? No! They would lose interest in Nigeria as a country and that is when separatists would gain wide acceptance.

Antagonists may want to argue that Igbos would only harm themselves, but that's neither here nor there but one thing would be assured, the Nigerian state and its institutions would lose credibility and legitimacy in the region. If you think that militarizing the region or sending thousands of soldiers or killing innocent people, or threatening Igbos living in the North would solve the problem then think again, because it would not. It would only hasten the eventual collapse of Nigeria.

Already, some police stations, schools, banks etc no longer put Nigerian flag in their premises, that's to show you how disconnected the region is fast becoming with Nigeria. All these are happening when there is significant Igbo voices against separation and the separatists. What then happens when they eventually achieve a consensus that Nigeria is absolutely against Igbos and the people must seek for alternative?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Felimax(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2022
Where there is no Fairness and Equity, where there is no respect for state institutions the only option left will be a breakup.

If Nigeria cannot trust an Ibo man to be a president then why still forcing the failed marriage?

Bring absolute Fairness and Equity to the table or FREEDOM FOR BIAFRA!

2 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Reality3080: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2022
Felimax:
Where there is no Fairness and Equity, where there is no respect for state institutions the only option left will be a breakup.

If Nigeria cannot trust an Ibo man to be a president then why still forcing the failed marriage?

Bring absolute Fairness and Equity to the table or FREEDOM FOR BIAFRA!

nobody will vote igbo n u can't force us

Restrict your madness to your region in d name of biafra we don't care

4 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Felimax(m): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2022
Reality3080:

Madness! When the real MAD PEOPLE are the people who will rot without Niger Delta Oil. The REAL MAD PEOPLE are people of the NORTH and SOUTH WEST who has no future without an Igbo man.

3 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by skywalker240(m): 11:42am On Apr 28, 2022
Whatever happens, Nigeria is already disconnected…

An igbo presidency won't change anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
Reality3080:

The problem of the black man which you typify is their inherent lack of reasoning, understanding and logic but instead foolhardiness and unbridled desire to assuage immediate gratification while sacrificing their ultimate good.

You have failed to understand that separatists have continued to grow and their momentum has steadily remained on the rise.

It was folks like you that used to mock them and tell them to call FIFA, CAF, UN etc each time the army and police used them for target practice just for carrying placards during protests. Today, are they still carrying placards and flags to be killed? No, they're now armed and killing those that used to kill them! It is now a MAD situation of killing and getting killed! But you unthinking folks never thought a day like this will come. Non of you would have believed that same youths who were being forced to swim in mud water and wasted anyhow could arm themselves and fight back with such venom.

You unthinking dofos would still believe they can't go beyond using rifles and AK47. You senseless folks still believe they can't move their activities beyond SE. Now, ask yourselves, what do they have to lose if they eventually escalate the struggle to Abuja and Lagos which would of course get Nigerians killing each other. Won't that be to their advantage since such state of anarchy would cascade to a widespread demand for breakup?

Nigeria will eventually perish simply because the unreasonable ones like you are in the majority.

6 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Aboks(m): 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
Like for one nigeria, share for division

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Reality3080: 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
Assetinvestor:

The problem of the black man which you typify is their inherent lack of reasoning, understanding and logic but instead foolhardiness and unbridled desire to assuage immediate gratification while sacrificing their ultimate good.

You have failed to understand that separatists have continued to grow and their momentum has steadily remained on the rise.

It was folks like you that used to mock them and tell them to call FIFA, CAF, UN etc each time the army and police used them for target practice just for carrying placards during protests. Today, are they still carrying placards and flags to be killed? No, they're now armed and killing those that used to kill them! It is now a MAD situation of killing and getting killed! But you unthinking folks never thought a day like this will come. Non of you would have believed that same youths who were being forced to swim in mud water and wasted anyhow could arm themselves and fight back with such venom.

You unthinking dofos would still believe they can't go beyond using rifles and AK47. You senseless folks still believe they can't move their activities beyond SE. Now, ask yourselves, what do they have to lose if they eventually escalate the struggle to Abuja and Lagos which would of course get Nigerians killing each other. Won't that be to their advantage since such state of anarchy would cascade to a widespread demand for breakup?

Nigeria will eventually perish simply because the unreasonable ones like you are in the majority.

u must b very stupid

What is happening now is igbos killing igbos n u people ordering sit at home at d expense of fellow igbos which doesn't affect d federal government in any way.

Insurgency has been going on in north east for long n nobody cares so far the madness is restricted to their region.

If na your father born u,try rubbish outside your 5 landlocked region

I am challenging u son of a gun,if e sure for u carry your madness enter any other place,u see as wike deal with u for rivers,that one go b small thing.

Nobody will vote an igbo man,get that into your thick skull.

We will vote shekau than to vote an igbo man

3 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
Reality3080:
u must b very stupid

What is happening now is igbos killing igbos n u people ordering sit at home at d expense of fellow igbos which doesn't affect d federal government in any way.

Insurgency has been going on in north east for long n nobody cares so far the madness is restricted to their region.

I am challenging u son of a gun,if e sure for u carry your madness enter any other place,u see as wike deal with u for rivers,that one go b small thing.

Your useless mother must be VERY S T U P I D to produce a B A S T A R D like you.

Illiterate dofo, what does "5 landlocked region mean"?

This thread is for normal and reasonable human beings to discuss and not for re.tar.ded and imbe.cilic scratched face fools who mine the skulls of their people hoping it would make them rich.

2 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Transcriber: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
Reality3080:
u must b very stupid

cheesy cheesy
Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Reality3080: 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Assetinvestor:

Your useless mother must be VERY S T U P I D to produce a B A S T A R D like you.

Illiterate dofo, what does "5 landlocked region mean"?

This thread is for normal and reasonable human beings to discuss and not for re.tar.ded and imbe.cilic scratched face fools who mine the skulls of their people hoping it would make them rich.
what was repeated when u trespassed to ore, was also repeated when u trespassed to oyigbo n will also b repeated if u trespass once again

If e sure for your father,misbehave outside south east n see if we won't wipe away your miserable life like we did to your forefathers

I just dey challenge u

4 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by JOemmy(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
The igbo question will definitely be the nemesis and subsequent demise of the nigerian state. A man that pins down a man to the ground is also holding himself down.

2 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by 2elliot: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
Reality3080:
what was repeated when u trespassed to ore, was also repeated when u trespassed to oyigbo n will also b repeated if u trespass once again

If e sure for your father,misbehave outside south east n see if we won't wipe away your miserable life like we did to your forefathers

I just dey challenge u
I don't know where the Bleep you come from, but i tell you, a full war will not see Nigeria come back as one country. I promise you this as an ijaw man from Bayelsa state. So, you can rant as much as you want but that is a fact you won't want to find out.

2 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Ijoh(m): 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ijaw Republic the home of all Ijaws
Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Transcriber: 2:12am On Apr 29, 2022
2elliot:
I don't know where the Bleep you come from, but i tell you, a full war will not see Nigeria come back as one country. I promise you this as an ijaw man from Bayelsa state. So, you can rant as much as you want but that is a fact you won't want to find out.
shut up
You know nothing about warfare
Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by onumadu: 3:15am On Apr 29, 2022
Nigeria is very easy to understand.
People can confuse (or deceive) themselves all they want, but the Nigerian truth remains.
What is that "Nigerian truth"?
That truth is that Nigeria is made up of THREE main political quarters.
Power rotates among those three locations either completely or partially -ALL THE TIME.
By "completely" I mean the presidential seat proper. And by "partially" I mean other lesser high positions like VP, Senate President, and Speaker of the House of Reps.
These political positions MUST rotate and be "shared" by at least the THREE main political realities in Nigeria.
When such arrangement faltered in July 1966, it led to a bloody civil war.
And after the civil war, when the civilians came back to power, that reality re-emerged with Ekwueme becoming the VP just 9 years after the war.
That reality saw Obasanjo becoming president at return to civil rule in 1999.
That reality led to partial swap that produced Jonathan as VP to Yar adua, and subsequently to Jonathan completing Yar adua's term and taking another four years term.
That reality produced the Buharian two term presidency to complete the Northern terms, partnered with a South Western VP.
You don't need a prophet to tell you that South West is completely out of the equation for next year's top positions of President, VP, Senate President, Speaker House of Reps.
A stool has THREE legs, and that is what Nigeria is!
Remove one leg, it collapses.
Little dose of reality for dreamers.

3 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by tsdarkside(m): 6:11am On Apr 29, 2022
Assetinvestor:

abegi,spare us your big grammar....
you insult people and then you want them to support you....

you cant bully a nigerian....

1 Like

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by blackpanda: 6:26am On Apr 29, 2022
Igbo aren't marginalized. They are the architect of their own predicament. You can't curse your country, look for ways to destroy it and yet hope that people will still make u president! That's insane

3 Likes

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by orisa37: 8:04am On Apr 29, 2022
NIGERIA'S LAST CHANCE FOR SURVIVAL

IS

Osinbajo FOR PRESIDENT

AND A RETIRED MUSLIM SE MILITARY GENERAL FOR VP !!!
Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Ddokie: 8:18am On Apr 29, 2022
Assetinvestor:

Of course the only reason why most black nations remain where they are is because people fail to reason.

Just like the Reality3080 up there. "let the madness remain in your region" he says, as if he can determine the dimension of violence. I remember vividly when people were telling this useless administration to negotiate with this guys rather than use force, they felt force could end everything, How many soldiers/police officers have died as we speak? And you say they are dying aswell which is true. But did anybody have to die?

Nigeria still thinks this whole thing is a joke until bombs start landing in Abuja and Lagos courtesy of Biafran agitators.

The moment the Igbo presidency thing fails (which is almost certain it will), more elites will join the agitation albeit stealthily. The more the support, the worse things become.

Eventually, everybody go collect one way or the other because you cannot have a bitter and desperate member in a family and think there would be peace in the house hold. Its common sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Lovelive: 8:56am On Apr 29, 2022
And you must not know peace in your micro-corner. Just because I guess you hate justice and fairness.

Come beat me I dey Ijebu-Ode, ask for Baba Sikiru (Banjoko).

Reality3080:

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by naija4life247: 8:57am On Apr 29, 2022
Presidency will never be zoned to Igbo villages.

Igbos should bring out their consensus candidate and mobilize for him.

Obasanjo contested against Alex Ekwueme, Emeka Ojukwu and some other riffraffs like that and defeated them all.

Igbos too should be prepared to face Tinubu, Judas Osinbajo and other nonentities like Fayemi, Amosun, e.t.c. Nobody will zone the Presidency to Igbo villages. The Igbos that j grew up with are brave and courageous, and are ready to confront anybody. These Igbo politicians of today who are scared of Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Amosun and other clowns, definitely, these are not true Igbos.

2023 Presidency is for Igbos, but they must fight for it, just as Yorubas fought and got the Presidency in 1999 and 2003 and got the VP in 2015. Power is not given as a free gift, power is fought for and snatched.
Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Reality3080: 9:01am On Apr 29, 2022
Ddokie:

Of course the only reason why most black nations remain where they are is because people fail to reason.

Just like the Reality3080 up there. "let the madness remain in your region" he says, as if he can determine the dimension of violence. I remember vividly when people were telling this useless administration to negotiate with this guys rather than use force, they felt force could end everything, How many soldiers/police officers have died as we speak? And you say they are dying aswell which is true. But did anybody have to die?

Nigeria still thinks this whole thing is a joke until bombs start landing in Abuja and Lagos courtesy of Biafran agitators.

The moment the Igbo presidency thing fails (which is almost certain it will), more elites will join the agitation albeit stealthily. The more the support, the worse things become.

Eventually, everybody go collect one way or the other because you cannot have a bitter and desperate member in a family and think there would be peace in the house hold. Its common sense.

everyone knows u will not get presidency come 2023 n we all know once u fail your next plan is to start causing chaos like u did in 1967 when u lost out,like I said we are waiting for u.

We already know your plans b4 u carry them out,we know d madness in south east is all about presidency, come n replicate that in other region n see what will happen.

Even boko haram aren't that stupid to import their madness outside their region

Let's see how far u can go
Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Skillsnigeria: 9:08am On Apr 29, 2022
Noted, honestly Nigeria need to divide. Too many problems, when are we going to transfer technology to Nigeria. Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa need to have their own separate country, they have nothing in common, that's the reason we can't progress as a country

1 Like

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 29, 2022
Ddokie:

People always ask why is Nigeria so underdeveloped with the poorest people in the world despite having so much potential. When I hear such questions, I will simply shake my head. I mean, isn't it so obvious? You can't have such large numbers of re.tar.ded and dum.b people and expect to be rich! To explain it graphically, if they move Nigerians to United States and move Americans to Nigeria, without any side taking anything along, in 10 years time, America would be destroyed and become one of the worst countries in the world!

On the other hand, this same Nigeria that is currently decayed would become one of the most prosperous countries in the world!

Americans would have studied the separatist agitations; the root cause, why it's gaining momentum, the risks, possible solutions etc. They would have successfully detected that the struggle would eventually assume a frightening dimension into an armed insurgency and would have prevented it. However, Nigerian rulers with their dum.b intelligence agencies couldn't forsee anything. To them, the only solution to such is to burn people's houses and kill innocent people which only worsens the situation.

Here is how the separatist agitation has progressed: Radio awareness > Street Protests > Violent Army/Police Suppression > Armed Struggle > Gradual Collapse of State Authority Institutions.

Who knows, maybe the part I highlighted in your post could possibly be the next, nobody knows. God forbid, but what if they start targeting critical infrastructure like bridges in Lagos and Abuja, airports etc.? Won't it drag the country to disintegration?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Ddokie: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2022
Reality3080:
everyone knows u will not get presidency come 2023 n we all know once u fail your next plan is to start causing chaos like u did in 1967 when u lost out,like I said we are waiting for u.

We already know your plans b4 u carry them out,we know d madness in south east is all about presidency, come n replicate that in other region n see what will happen.

Even boko haram aren't that stupid to import their madness outside their region

Let's see how far u can go

Wisdom is profitable to give direction.

If the south east governors knew what was coming, they wouldn't have invited the "python", now they have lost Mondays to IPOB. I no dey carry Igbo presidency do anything because it won't affect my life in anyway. Same way I am 100% certain that if the president is from your state, you won't get any tangible benefit. The suffering in daura is worse than the suffering in Nsukka I am sure you know that.

But truth is truth: collective persecution strengthens comradeship. You know we don't think far as a people. In your mind, you are considering things that will happen in your own life time, without considering what will befall your posterity. The next civil war in Nigeria may not happen if 50 years, but it will happen some day except things change.

For me and you it may be a bragging right thing ( I win you lose), for our posterity, it may be a matter of life and death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2022
tsdarkside:

abegi,spare us your big grammar....
you insult people and then you want them to support you....

you cant bully a nigerian....

Who is bullying who in Nigeria?
Whose sensibilities are being assaulted in Nigeria?

If you're honest, you would know who is at the receiving end!

Anyways, it's up to you guys and what really want with Nigeria but I find it funny how everyone seems to be running around in circles, in total confusion and frustration yet hoping for a bright future cry cry
Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by Ddokie: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2022
Assetinvestor:

People always ask why is Nigeria so underdeveloped with the poorest people in the world despite having so much potential. When I hear such questions, I will simply shake my head. I mean, isn't it so obvious? You can't have such large numbers of re.tar.ded and dum.b people and expect to be rich! To explain it graphically, if they move Nigerians to United States and move Americans to Nigeria, without any side taking anything along, in 10 years time, America would be destroyed and become one of the worst countries in the world!

On the other hand, this same Nigeria that is currently decayed would become one of the most prosperous countries in the world!

Americans would have studied the separatist agitations; the root cause, why it's gaining momentum, the risks, possible solutions etc. They would have successfully detected that the struggle would eventually assume a frightening dimension into an armed insurgency and would have prevented it. However, Nigerian rulers with their dum.b intelligence agencies couldn't forsee anything. To them, the only solution to such is to burn people's houses and kill innocent people which only worsens the situation.

Here is how the separatist agitation has progressed: Radio awareness > Street Protests > Violent Army/Police Suppression > Armed Struggle > Gradual Collapse of State Authority Institutions.

Who knows, maybe the part I highlighted in your post could possibly be the next, nobody knows. God forbid, but what if they start targeting critical infrastructure like bridges in Lagos and Abuja, airports etc.? Won't it drag the country to disintegration?

You forgot to add Loss of all Mondays to IPOB.

There is something very sinister that has clouded the minds of the average Nigerian. Its a pity.
Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by tsdarkside(m): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2022
Assetinvestor:

Who is bullying who in Nigeria?
Whose sensibilities are being assaulted in Nigeria?

If you're honest, you would know who is at the receiving end!

Anyways, it's up to you guys and what really want with Nigeria but I find it funny how everyone seems to be running around in circles, in total confusion and frustration yet hoping for a bright future cry cry

yeah,na only a igbo guy can achieve that....this is not how to advertize yourself....
you dont even understand how insultive you are....

thats why nobody take una serious today....
Re: See Nigeria's Last Chance To Survive As A Country! by haslaw(m): 11:15am On Apr 29, 2022
Yeebos are the most confused liars in the world

1) Your brand of politics is ridiculous if not downright hilarious. You want to blackmail and threaten Nigerians into handing over power to you.

2) You hate Nigeria, you want Biafra but also want to rule Nigeria. No be juju be that?

3) You hate quoter system but want Nigerians to zone presidency to SE

4) You want us to vote in one of the most currupt and bigoted politician in Nigeria history as president. This man is known as Kleptomania Peter Obi-tuary.

4) How are you going to convince northerners to vote in a bigoted kleptomania Peter Obi-tuary who was deporting northerners out of Anambra

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Does Not Trust Northerners And Muslims To Be A Place Holder / Tinubu: I Didn't Attend Primary And Secondary Schools. My University Cert Stolen / Testimony By Tinubu’s Employers At Exxon Mobil - Pius Akinyelure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.