Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List (4059 Views)

Uk Student Visa Fees In Nigeria 2023 / University Of Ibadan Ranked Best In Nigeria - THE's University Rankings 2019 / NOUN Lists Requirements For Postgraduate Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Nicemuna: 4:29am On Apr 07, 2023
philiancoop:
You may have wondered what exactly is required to get a student visa into the United Kingdom; and whether or not you have the requirements or can get them. One thing is for sure, 1 in every 5 Nigerians wants to relocate to the western world. Two things matter when it comes to relocating on a student visa: first, the financial requirement and the documents/professional/academic requirement.
The process begins with admission and ends in visa processing. The September 2022 intake is still ongoing.
So today, I’m giving you the professional and academic document requirements for getting a student visa. I will follow up with the financial requirements in the next post.

1. First Degree: If you are going to be enrolling in a Masters's program, you must generally have a 2.2 at least in your BSc in a relevant degree for your chosen course. Some courses or universities require a 2.1, especially for health and nursing courses. If you have a first-class, then that's better and you could easily apply for a fully-funded scholarship at some universities. Many people come to me to get scholarships in the UK for them and they have 2.2 with no money and I would wonder if that even happens in Nigeria and I don't know. There are people with 3rd class and HND, these guys can get an extended masters which costs about 3-5k pounds more with 3-6 months more time.

2. A’ Levels or WAEC: To undertake an undergraduate programme, you need A’levels to undergo the normal 3-year BSc or just WAEC plus a one-year foundation course making a 4-year BSc. For Masters degree students, you still may need a credit in WAEC English language to prove your English language proficiency for some universities.

3. Academic Transcript: This is for Masters degree candidates. You need to apply and get it from your university or polytechnic to apply for admission. It shows all the courses you took and your grades. This is used to determine if your undergraduate porgramme qualifies you for the Masters you’re applying for.

4. IELTS/ English proficiency test: this is the test that proves you understand and speak English well. To save our people the time, cost, and stress of IELTS, we let the school know that the undergraduate course was actually fully taught in the English language. They then request an official level from the Nigerian university to confirm this. At other times we use the credit in English language WAEC to prove this. And we get past it. For Undergraduates, you may need to write the IELTS if the school does not accept GCSE (WAEC).

5. SOP: The Statement of purpose is the course and university-specific essay you must provide about yourself and why you want that course in that school and in the UK.I always recommend you have an expert write this for you after you’ve had a discussion with them about yourself and your goals.

6. Academic CV: this is a CV but one that’s built with the course and academic purpose and format in mind. I recommend the europass CV style.

7. Passport: You may or may not need your international passport at the point of application, but you will eventually need one along the way. Get it as soon as possible.

8. Marriage certificate/Birth certificate: If you are going with your wife and children then you should be getting the certificates ready with pictures too. Like wedding pictures.

9. References: It's not everyone requires this, but let me add it here. Many times, the Univerity will email the referees directly to ask for a recommendation.

10. Tuberculosis test result: this is during the visa processing stage.

11. CAS /CAS NUMBER: This comes from the UK school and is just a part of the process

So guys, that’s about it. The September intake is on and applications are already on. The next intake is in January 2023, the year of the elections. Watch out for the next article on finance and budgeting.

Good day, pls what is the family budget (me, my wife and 2 kids). I am going for masters
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by hollaleye: 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
u recently moved or planning to move into the UK, Essex,most importantly university students in Colchester, Wivenhoe, Clacton, you can reach out for a room or two bed accomodation via hollaleye@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb Direct Entry Scratch Cards Needed / Let's Meet (Demography & Social Statistics Undergraduate Students) / Facts About Jamb/utme Cbt Practice Software ExamGuide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.