Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,361 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge (26719 Views)

Enugu’s Oil Status: My Biggest Joy Is That My Successor Will Excel - Ugwuanyi / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by fergie001: 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
Odili was not gunning for President. He was gunning for VP. In terms of political followership and media machinery, you can't compare Tinubu with Odili.
But he didn't get it.

Tinubu has also come out to boldly own the ticket with his full chest something Odili never did.
Every candidate will say same. You have to be confident as a candidate to win.

I'm sure Buhari will do it his way but I doubt there will be no collateral damage to APC in the process. The Tinubu boys have been having buhari induced cramps since 2016. They managed to conceal it and Buhari has been adding to the crampst till now they got to a point they can conceal it no more. That primaries will be the last cramp that will break the carmel's muscle I tell you.
Well, when Govs sit in their houses to decide State Party Chairmen, nobody queries them.

When they sit and pick their successors much to the chagrin of the masses, everybody follows.

Nothing will happen...there will be some ripples, Yes...but once the leader goes everyone follows. It's not even a problem, when that time comes everybody will "be calming down."

1 Like

Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by bahaushe1: 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Insightful. The author refused to mention names; he left that to his readers.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
fergie001:

But he didn't get it.

Every candidate will say same. You have to be confident as a candidate to win.

Well, when Govs sit in their houses to decide State Party Chairmen, nobody queries them.

When they sit and pick their successors much to the chagrin of the masses, everybody follows.

Nothing will happen...there will be some ripples, Yes...but once the leader goes everyone follows. It's not even a problem, when that time comes everybody will "be calming down."

Odili was not as open as Tinubu is. That's my point. If Tinubu was being passive with his ambition, it would have been another kettle of fish. But here, Tinubu is even going about it as if he does not nedd Buhari's endorsement, something Odili never did. You can see his followers saying nothing like consensus and even smuggled direct primaries into the electoral law and when that failed section 84. To tell you, what is going on in APC presently is a passive war. Tinubu and his men will not take it lying down when and if Buhari does his thing. It is obvious. I really wonder the choice Buhari will give Tinubu to pacify him. In 2015, it was the carrot of choosing the VP from his bloc. That will not be available in 2022 so I ask again how you expect all Tinubu boys and himself to just take Buhari's choice with a pinch of salt.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by muheeb01(m): 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
We are watching how the story will unfold in 3D
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Enuguguy: 5:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
IBB will decides who emerges in PDP
Buhari will decides who emerges in APC
Both parties have finished their primaries and what will happen next month is mere ceremonial
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by fergie001: 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Odili was not as open as Tinubu is. That's my point. If Tinubu was being passive with his ambition, it would have been another kettle of fish. But here, Tinubu is even going about it as if he does not nedd Buhari's endorsement, something Odili never did. You can see his followers saying nothing like consensus and even smuggled direct primaries into the electoral law and when that failed section 84. To tell you, what is going on in APC presently is a passive war. Tinubu and his men will not take it lying down when and if Buhari does his thing. It is obvious. I really wonder the choice Buhari will give Tinubu to pacify him. In 2015, it was the carrot of choosing the VP from his bloc. That will not be available in 2022 so I ask again how you expect all Tinubu boys and himself to just take Buhari's choice with a pinch of salt.
See, I don't discuss Tinubu or any other aspiramt because they are not yet candidates, their Party members can. However, this is politics and people should be ready for the wins and losses. If Buhari picks and it's him, he will go to the election and if it's not him, it's part of politics.

In a primary election organised by a sitting President, only his candidate will win whether it is indirect, direct, or upside-down-direct. He will most likely make his decision days before the Primaries.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
fergie001:

See, I don't discuss Tinubu or any other aspiramt because they are not yet candidates, their Party members can. However, this is politics and people should be ready for the wins and losses. If Buhari picks and it's him, he will go to the election and if it's not him, it's part of politics.

In a primary election organised by a sitting President, only his candidate will win whether it is indirect, direct, or upside-down-direct. He will most likely make his decision days before the Primaries.

Of course that's a given. But my point is I foresee an implosion of the APC after he makes his decision. I seriously refuse to believe Tinubu especially and his followers will take it lying down.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by mrpackager(m): 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
Insightful
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by wingmanIII: 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Peter Obi is the candidate Nigeria needs now
Ie if Nigerians want redemption. I seriously doubt it. Suffering continues!!

1 Like

Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by wingmanIII: 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What can they do against a sitting president? You think this is Jonathan? Your tinubu is a corrupt thief and they will open his nyash, possibly jail him.

1 Like

Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by whippersnapper(m): 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Peter Obi my foot
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Triplerg: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You are wrong about Odili. Odili was all over the nation canvassing support for his presidential bid. He was the leading PDP presidential aspirant before Obasanjo changed everything. I followed the events then closely.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Triplerg:
You are wrong about Odili. Odili was all over the nation canvassing support for his presidential bid. He was the leading PDP presidential aspirant before Obasanjo changed everything. I followed the events then closely.

Can you show me a newspaper headline detailing that?
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Triplerg: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Can you show me a newspaper headline detailing that?
If you don't believe it, then forget it. If you were too young to know then ask people around you.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by olatunji390(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
RexTramadol1:

The person you quoted is right

Osinbajo doesn’t like to talk about restructuring cos he believes that isn’t the problem, he also doesn’t like the idea of state police

Before being VP he hasn’t contested an election before so he will be seen as someone who needs a favor and they can get an ROI from

So on point, same thing I have been telling people. Tinubu has no weaknesses and the fear factor is against him also, the north dont trust him that much with power.

And the underdog am seeing here is actually Dimeji Bankole
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Ttalk: 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
Asgard73:
All this join.. but one thing is sure .. the north will rule for another eight years..

Since the Yoruba tribe of southwest Nigeria believe say Na dia yoruba Brain .. Bismarck use partition Africa

No argue
In less than one month .. dust go settle .

Tinubu Must Contest
Yoruba must be on ballot
Must

Power to the people

Look at your response to these beautiful article. You are doing a great disservice to yourself with this your hate. By the time the election is over, you'll be surprised that your thought process has being damaged for life.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Gozac: 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
No he is not the candidate Nigeria needs now, Nigeria needs a leader that will protect the interest of his region, religion and tribe
Nigeria needs a leader that will ensure party men are adequately taken care of
Nigeria don't need anybody that will change the fortunes o this country.
Finally don't need an Igboman to lead this country because he divide this country
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Ttalk: 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
wwwtortoise:
Cock and bull story !

No wonder You have a tortoise brain
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Gozac: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

The way Tinubu is going about his ambition is like he is fighting a cold and proxy war against the president using his men in the national assembly.
It seems he wants to demystify the office of PMB by bulldozing his way to APC flag bearer.
PMB men are one side fighting to ensure that PMB'S will and candidate will prevail. They see it as affront if PMB cannot choose his successor as governors have been doing
The war in APC will peak by June 1 and see the president prevailing due to strong support and respect he has among PGF and some northern party leaders.
I see SE and APC aspirants towing the line of PMB on the day.
It's battle royale by June 1
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Gozac: 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

The way Tinubu is going about his ambition is like he is fighting a cold and proxy war against the president using his men in the national assembly.
It seems he wants to demystify the office of PMB by bulldozing his way to APC flag bearer.
PMB men on one side fighting to ensure that PMB'S will and candidate prevail. They see it as an affront if PMB cannot choose his successor as governors have been doing
The war in APC will peak by June 1 and I see the president prevailing due to strong support and respect he has among PGF and some northern party leaders.
I see SE and SS APC aspirants towing the line of PMB on the day.
It's battle royale by June 1
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
Triplerg:
If you don't believe it, then forget it. If you were too young to know then ask people around you.
You made a claim and expect me to just swallow it because you are.....

FYI, 2007, it was generally accepted in the PDP and almost all political parties that the presidency was going north.
All the southern govs were fighting for VP. The frontrunners were Ibori, Odili and Igbinedion. That's the fact. If you need proofs, it means you were too young then
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by nextdoorpal: 1:29am On Apr 29, 2022
Indeed a good read.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Wjames440(m): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2022
I just have a feeling that buhari wants Fashola to contest. Fashola would have been the right man for the job. I see Buhari endorsing BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA.

1 Like

Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by shegz24(m): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2022
I'm yet to see any qualified candidate.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Blankstare(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
Wjames440:
I just have a feeling that buhari wants Fashola to contest. Fashola would have been the right man for the job. I see Buhari endorsing BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA.

Did also factor in his religion? Another baggage too like BAT
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by Wjames440(m): 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Blankstare:

Did also factor in his religion? Another baggage too like BAT

You never can tell, the northerners might bring in a Christian from their own end.
Re: What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge by orisa37: 6:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
WITH BUHARI THE CABAL AND THE SULTANATE HAVE HAD THEIR LAST CHANCE.
THEY'RE NOW JITTERY AND AFRAID OF FUTURE AFTER BUHARI

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Feyi Fawehinmi: How To Make Sense Of Nigeria’s Currency Swap Deal With China / Pictures Of Dogara Voting In The Bauchi South Senatorial Bye-Election / The Candidates: Moment Atiku & Buhari Told Nigerians Why They Should Vote Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.