Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death (18624 Views)

6 Offences Punishable By Death In Nigeria / Zamfara Has Spent 970 Million On Ransom Payments / Bandits: We Receive Weapons From SSS Agents, Split Ransom Payments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Brushstrokes20: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
Stupidest laws from a pathetic bunch of self serving, redundant, bloodthirsty, brainless buffoons that HAS REFUSED TO PROVIDE SECURITY FOR IT'S CITIZENS undecided

Let those terrorists kidnap Yusuf, zara or bubu, these clowns masquerading as law makers will automatically jettison the senseless law undecided
Awon eleribu, mashanfani eda gbogbo!
Nig urgently needs a SANE, SOUND and COMPETENT LEADER!
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Timo2020: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
Highneck:
Power is transient

I hope these guys get kidnapped
yes oh while with the kidnappers they should now call his family maybe they won't pay when the victim life is at stake I pray we won't fall prey in Jesus name death sentence is nothing to kidnappers oh they had made up there mind already their mentality is that afterall everyone will die one day so they didn't send anybody
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Kingozymandias(m): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
This is so lovely.. only criminal and their accomplishes will be angry with this news
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
-
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Vadese1: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
This law makers are brainless. Now I know Nigeria is finished . Look at the kind of people making laws in our land. This are most useless set of human being on Earth . How on Earth they are introducing a punishment to who ever that pay ransom to free his or her relations is what that surprised me most. Knowing fully well that the security system in Nigeria is at the lowest level right now. Who will stay back and see his relations die in the hand of kidnappers when the ransom can be pay. They should hit the nail by the head by making kidnapping Capital Offense and leave ransom payment out of it because if you wait for the security for rescue, the story that will emanate from it will be a sorrowful one
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Mjpem23(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
mmaann:
Useless Lawmakers
Useless President
Useless country

One Kidnapper sighted
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by joskab4sure: 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
Can you imagine the useless law. Making by our so called senator. With due respect Sen Bamidele disappoint me for the 1st time,what senators has been looking for since all this days ,how many kidnappers has been arrested, the arrested one what are the punishment, I know that this law will surely affect the poor man. Let one of them and their family be kidnapped as see what they will do. Who can allow ordinary of their pet to sleep there for a day. Instead of them to squeezed Nigerian police and Military men for them to BM provide strong security, how do government spent all their security vote fund. How many weapon do the buy to equip them.May God save us. My suggestion is that any state government that can not secure their citizen should be declared state of emergency by FGN and let the military run the affairs of that state for 6 months if things will not be okay. Those northerners Governor know about the incidents.
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by frog12: 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
these people are idiots. just make KIDNAPPING punishable by death
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Pappyjulie196(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nice one

Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by F117nighthawk: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
Una sense just dey correct and set in the right places
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by ItrendNaija(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
How about corruption? Give it the death penalty too
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Theunbothered: 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
Utuka:
This is a beautiful development. Hopefully, it will dissuade many from engaging in such a grievous crime.

Read the full post, they are punishing kidnap victims and their families for paying ransomes.
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by petermichaels(m): 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
This Means When They Kidnapp one Now,the kidnappers Will Butcher the Victim And Sell The parts to Them, for Rituals. They Are The Buyers. What A Country
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by sinkhole: 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
Utuka:
This is a beautiful development. Hopefully, it will dissuade many from engaging in such a grievous crime.
Are you sure it is beautiful?
The Kaduna train kidnapped victims have been there for almost a month now and FG has not found a way to rescue them, if the victims have money don't you think they will pay for their freedoms?
On of the implications of this law is that people will pay and keep quiet about it!
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by gknight(m): 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
The sad reality is that most of those old men in the red chamber do not even have a well-administered WAEC certificates, while others who can claim to be educated have no voice at all (afterall touts politics reign supreme in Nigeria). So I am not surprised that somebody will come up with a bill as stupid as this. So I should allow my relation(s) to die because some fools who cannot secure the society will send me to jail. Yet the grand commander of insecurity supervision, Gumi (GCFR), is challenging the government, if we even have one, here and there.
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by colestephan86: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/27/nigeria-outlaws-ransom-payments-abduction-punishable-by-death
Now that are taking things seriously, I have said it before .
If a kidnapper kills his victim, such person should be killed .
Criminals are having a free ride in a country that claims to have laws
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Charbriq2022: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
I don't know if I am the only person feeling this way,I have fear even while indoor because you don't know the next unsafe minute, Nigeria, which way?
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by zoedew: 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/27/nigeria-outlaws-ransom-payments-abduction-punishable-by-death
SELFISH BUNCH! ONLY WHEN IT GETS TO NEAR THEM VIA THE TRAIN KIDNAP INCIDENT DO THEY THINK OF DOING THIS. CRIMINALISING THE PAYMENT OF RANSOM WILL MAKE THE POT OF INFAMY KNOWN AS THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY BOIL OVER AS THE KIDNAPS KILL THEIR VICTIMS AT WILL! ILL THOUGHT OUT BILL. WHAT TO DO IS TO DEAL WITH UNEMPLOYMENT AND CLOSELY MATCH THE PRESIDENT TO ENSURE SECURITY IS TOP NOTCH OR IMPEACH THE ITEM!
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Charly68: 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
Still wondering how we arrive at this berserk level in Nigeria
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by nkemjacob2(m): 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
Na d free vote una dey give this people na dey play so. So next yr election vote rubbish
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Petshopng: 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
May God help us in this country
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Gafdam(m): 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
Make dem kidnap u first, u go know say ur family get money!
Dorwadora:
God have mercy

That's why I'm very careful of where I go and routes I take because anybody wey kidnap me dey waste hin time ...... Shishi my family will not pay....
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by techWriter3: 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
Gumi won't kind this
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Brightest04(m): 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
lalasticlala:

Joke of the month, they declared bandits terrorists, since then how many of them have they bombed out of existence.
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Microfels: 10:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
Proflere:
Really? For a country without serious emergency response team?

Service chiefs are just meeting in Abuja today since how many days people were kidnapped from the train bombing.

Mr President gave an order to shoot anyone you see walking around with AK-47, nobody has been used as a scape goat since that order was given.

Shey person go come Sidon dey wait make nna use am count scores? Ko Joo.

USA that does not negotiate with terrorists know how got to this point through serious work... May God help Nigeria!

The USA does not negotiate with terrorists but they tell the families of kidnap victims to pay the ransom if they can afford it before tracking the payment or carrying out their investigations because they know that life comes first.

1 Like

Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Ken4Christ: 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
Asgard73:
Good moves ..

They should also add price tag on kidnappers

What is good about the move. If your own person is kidnapped, you will let him or her die in the hands of the kidnappers?

The move is incomplete. They should have added that government will do all they can to rescue the victims. And if they fail to do so, they should be forced to resign.

Why are we so foolish? We should hold government accountable for any of our family members kidnapped. If they can't protect us, they should share the money budged for security so we can buy guns and protect ourselves.
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by maasoap(m): 11:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
Lol. Like they're really going to execute them. Death sentence in Nigeria is life in prison
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by excel101(m): 12:18am On Apr 29, 2022
Hope when they or their loved ones are kidnapped, they don't go behind and pay ransom for their release.
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by zedegit: 12:32am On Apr 29, 2022
Better late than never,any kidnapper caught should be bvtchered with an axe abeg.
At least that wan go serve lessons to the remaining BSTS.

No mister.
They are saying you have to die first before they can do the killing.
Re: Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death by Lama70(m): 1:21am On Apr 29, 2022
Unserious elements didn't know that both the Bible and Quran prescribe summary death sentence for kidnapping.
They are pampering them with their own version of life /death sentence. We know you are using them, so you can't make regulations detrimental to their wellbeing.
God will catch you all one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I am not a Lion, A General, Goliath, Pharaoh Or A King - GEJ / Pastors Criticizing Buhari’s Government Risking Their Lives - Femi Fani-kayode / Felicia, Adolphus Wabara’s Wife Dies At 69

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.