Stats: 3,163,175 members, 7,853,010 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? (780 Views)

Abdullahi Adamu: APC Will Do More If Nigerians Support Us In 2023 / Ize-iyamu: I Will Support Who Ever Wins Party Primaries / 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by brokeNOT(f): 4:34am On Apr 29, 2022
Nigerians support who is “stronger” not who is right.

The most confusing example of this (apart from Nigerians only voting for a candidate who would win and not who is right) is in the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

1st regarding Nigerian politics, ask yourself this “am I supporting the best candidate for the country or am I supporting the candidate with the highest chances of winning?

Most Nairalanders use phrases like “mother Russia”, “hail Putin”, etc.

Russians don’t think of YOU black people as human beings.

Throughout Obama’s tenure, Russia’s OFFICIAL MEDIA outlets referred to America as a “country run by Apes”

The Russian media constantly posted side-by-side images of Obama’s family and a family of Apes and pointed resemblances.

Black students in schools are told by not only their classmates but also teachers that they are not “real humans”.

BY RUSSIAN LAW, black people cannot rent apartments or get jobs in Russian districts.

I could go on and on, but the worst part of it all is that Russia doesn’t see it as an issue because the country OFFICIALLY believes that black people are below them.

The less said about their treatment of the LGBT community, the better.
One thing I should point out is that it is ILLEGAL to show off a rainbow � in Russia. Rainbow!

Russia is the 5th biggest country in the world. If you have ever been to Russia, I’m not talking about Moscow but the other cities, villages, and suburbs, you’d KNOW that RUSSIA IS NOT DEVELOPED AT ALL.

To the developed world, Russia is just like a big petrol station with nukes.

Throughout history, they have refused to live in peace and coexist with the world.

Years ago, Russia bombed a commercial airline and killed all the innocent passengers onboard, simply because they wanted to assassinate a Polish politician in the plane.

Russia is the bad guy and has always been. If you know geopolitical history, you’d never support them.

Now, this is probably the point where you’d say “but America did it in Libya, Iraq, etc.)

Yes America did it. (But Russia has attacked so many more countries than the entire NATO can dream if attacking)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Russia

But the difference is that the USA and UK politicians responsible for that have been tried and prosecuted. Remember Tony Blair?
The ones not persecuted are villains in America.

In Russia, the generals responsible for theirs are honored, awarded and promoted.

80% of Russian House rental ads and job ads clearly state that they don’t want black people.

Yes, America is racist also but atleast, they try to hide it and act politically correct. Post a job ad and indicate that you’re not hiring blacks, and you’re out of business because you’ll get slapped with too many lawsuits.
The “evil West” requires employers to adhere to non-discrimination policies.

America/Uk is bad, they are racist, but they go out of their way to make YOU feel comfortable. Their own citizens even complain that movies contain more black people than there are realistically in their society.

This is because “the evil West” believes in inclusion. All to make you feel at home.

Americans have a say and they protested the Iraqi war. Police officers protected the protesters.

Meanwhile, Russia is arresting anyone who protests what is happening in Ukraine.
Russians are not allowed to call it a war but a special military operation, whatever that means.

Last week, they arrested a 10-year old kid simply for holding a sign saying “Peace”.

Tell me..

have you ever seen a Made in Russia product?
do you know a relative living and working in Russia?
Who is your favorite Russian actor? Singer? Celeb?
Have you ever heard of a scholarship in Russia? Would you apply if you see one?

Russia has so much potential, but Apart from their God-given gas, Russia doesn’t contribute anything to Earth.

Google “Russia ARAL SEA.” This sea is almost non-existent because Russia dried it up by channeling the water to some cotton field to produce WEAPONS.

The collapse of the Aral Sea is the “greatest human-induced ecological catastrophe in history”

For your information, Russia doesn’t have any sort of statistics for racial crimes because it is not a crime to them.

On Russian national TV, they CASUALLY discus bombing various cities.
I remember once in the news, way before the war, they were analyzing how many people would die if they nuke New York. And this is tens of millions of civilians.

Russian Newspapers call Europe “gayrope”.

Why is it that Russian intellectuals, celebrities, oligarchs, almost always leave Russia to live in “the evil West”?

Putin’s daughter has an AMERICAN passport !

Why do you support so much a country? Because you analyzed the war and believe that Putin would win?

Has the suffering in Nigeria switched your brains to survival mode?

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by lecowas: 4:37am On Apr 29, 2022
I wonder o, this reminds me back in the days, I was having an intellectual argument with a big colleague of mine and was winning, he just came and pushed me, I was surprised when people said he should beat me because I think I know more than them all cheesy. Nigerians can be funny and crazy.

Nigerians is an evidence that brains can be brainwashed and compromised. Most are totally unreasonable.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by jazon(m): 4:41am On Apr 29, 2022
brokeNOT:

The most confusing example of this (apart from Nigerians only voting for a candidate who would win and not who is right) is in the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Throughout Obama’s tenure, Russia’s OFFICIAL MEDIA outlets referred to America as a “country run by Apes”

The Russian media constantly posted side-by-side images of Obama’s family and a family of Apes and pointed resemblances.

Black students in schools are told by not only their classmates but also teachers that they are not “real humans”.

BY RUSSIAN LAW, black people cannot rent apartments or get jobs in Russian districts.

I could go on and on, but the worst part of it all is that Russia doesn’t see it as an issue because the country OFFICIALLY believes that black people are below them.

One thing I should point out is that it is ILLEGAL to show off a rainbow � in Russia. Rainbow!

Russia is the 5th biggest country in the world. If you have ever been to Russia, I’m not talking about Moscow but the other cities, villages, and suburbs, you’d KNOW that RUSSIA IS NOT DEVELOPED AT ALL.

Throughout history, they have refused to live in peace and coexist with the world.

Years ago, Russia bombed a commercial airline and killed all the innocent passengers onboard, simply because they wanted to assassinate a Polish politician in the plane.

Russia is the bad guy and has always been. If you know geopolitical history, you’d never support them.

Now, this is probably the point where you’d say “but America did it in Libya, Iraq, etc.)

Yes America did it. (But Russia has attacked so many more countries than the entire NATO can dream if attacking)

But the difference is that the USA and UK politicians responsible for that have been tried and prosecuted. Remember Tony Blair?

In Russia, the generals responsible for theirs are honored, awarded and promoted.

80% of Russian House rental ads and job ads clearly state that they don’t want black people.

Yes, America is racist also but atleast, they try to hide it and act politically correct. Post a job ad and indicate that you’re not hiring blacks, and you’re out of business because you’ll get slapped with too many lawsuits.

America/Uk is bad, they are racist, but they go out of their way to make YOU feel comfortable. Their own citizens even complain that movies contain more black people than there are realistically in their society.

This is because “the evil West” believes in inclusion. All to make you feel at home.

Americans have a say and they protested the Iraqi war. Police officers protected the protesters.

Meanwhile, Russia is arresting anyone who protests what is happening in Ukraine.
Russians are not allowed to call it a war but a special military operation, whatever that means.

Tell me..

Russia has so much potential, but Apart from their God-given gas, Russia doesn’t contribute anything to Earth.

Google “Russia ARAL SEA.” This sea is almost non-existent because Russia dried it up by channeling the water to some cotton field to produce WEAPONS.

The collapse of the Aral Sea is the “greatest human-induced ecological catastrophe in history”

For your information, Russia doesn’t have any sort of statistics for racial crimes because it is not a crime to them.

I remember once in the news, way before the war, they were analyzing how many people would die if they nuke New York. And this is tens of millions of civilians.

Why is it that Russian intellectuals, celebrities, oligarchs, almost always leave Russia to live in “the evil West”?

Why do you support so much a country? Because you analyzed the war and believe that Putin would win?

Op. You get sense. We need more people like you in Nigeria
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Saxxon(m): 4:53am On Apr 29, 2022
When some nairalanders want to be stupid, there's no amount of articles or proof you present before them that'll deter them. I see some of them hailing "mother russia" just to spite Americans. These fools do not know that the free world they enjoy today is because a country like the U.S is at the helm. There are certain prices to be paid for greater good, this is something that anyone who has ever held a leadership position before will tell you. The United States is currently paying that price with all the backlash they've been receiving. Different people hate the U.S for different reasons.

1. There are those who hate them for taking advantage of hostile situations to profiteer from nations in conflict. -Well, war is expensive. If you need their help, they might as well be getting something from it.

2. There are the Muslims who hate them for always checkmating their excesses. -This particular group are the largest. To them, America is the symbol of Christianity. So as long as America stands, it stands between them and jihad.

3. The conspiracy theorists who see America is some sort of anti-christ nation because of their liberal leftist laws. -People like righteousness2 abi Uprightness falls into this group. The fools do not know that America is their only saving grace. The US is who stands between them and terroristic Islamic jihadists.

As for me, I'd rather have America and its allies as the world power than any of these conservative nations like Russia, China or the UAE and the rest of their cartels. #Nuffsaid

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 29, 2022
What do Nigerians do to you?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 29, 2022
A lot of points made, but some aren't that correct tho....

I don't think any American or UK leader has gone to jail for the illegal invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and many of them still are popular. A lot of US politicans were not prosecuted for Vietnam either , and Reagan's invasions of Grenada and Lebanon were rewarded with a second term in 1984....

That does not make Russia invading Ukraine right though. (Amusingly, the Russians bash the US for its crimes, and then do the same, complete with using the USA reasoning. )

Russia exports a lot . Here is 2020's export report...top 10

Iron, steel: $28.9 billion (5.9%)
Fertilizers: $12.5 billion (2.5%)
Wood: $11.7 billion (2.4%)
Machinery including computers: $10.7 billion (2.2%)
Cereals: $9.1 billion (1.9%)
Aluminum: $8.8 billion (1.8%)
Ores, slag, ash: $7.4 billion (1.5%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $6.2 billion (1.3%)

I think that Russia too over the years has offered scholarships to foreign students (I know of and have met people who have studied in Russia both when it was the USSR and after).

Depends....many black people do live and work in Russia. (There is a video of a Nigerian who works and lives in Russia's far east..cold place..WITH his russian wife and their kids...in a rural area). Yes racisim is a problem (one Nigerian who studied in Russia once commented that their guys won't let us date their girls!)...but Nigerians do marry and live with russians...as do other black people.

Below

1,Russian guy proposes to his black girlfirend...in Russia...footballer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gabLDRobdpw

2. Nigerian girl living in Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ4tJUe_Wsg

Anyway, mixed bag.

P.S Again, I don't condone Russian invasion of Ukraine, or NATO expanding east...for this war, I stay neutral, as I get both sides' reasoning.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by brokeNOT(f): 5:27am On Apr 29, 2022
You didn’t name one Russia “product” but God-given resources.

If you are neutral, you support the oppressor.

subsidywise18:
A lot of points made, but some aren't that correct tho....

I don't think any American or UK leader has gone to jail for the illegal invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and many of them still are popular. A lot of US politicans were not prosecuted for Vietnam either , and Reagan's invasions of Grenada and Lebanon were rewarded with a second term in 1984....

That does not make Russia invading Ukraine right though. (Amusingly, the Russians bash the US for its crimes, and then do the same, complete with using the USA reasoning. )

Russia exports a lot . Here is 2020's export report...top 10

Iron, steel: $28.9 billion (5.9%)
Fertilizers: $12.5 billion (2.5%)
Wood: $11.7 billion (2.4%)
Machinery including computers: $10.7 billion (2.2%)
Cereals: $9.1 billion (1.9%)
Aluminum: $8.8 billion (1.8%)
Ores, slag, ash: $7.4 billion (1.5%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $6.2 billion (1.3%)

I think that Russia too over the years has offered scholarships to foreign students (I know of and have met people who have studied in Russia both when it was the USSR and after).

Depends....many black people do live and work in Russia. (There is a video of a Nigerian who works and lives in Russia's far east..cold place..WITH his russian wife and their kids...in a rural area). Yes racisim is a problem (one Nigerian who studied in Russia once commented that their guys won't let us date their girls!)...but Nigerians do marry and live with russians...as do other black people.

Below

1,Russian guy proposes to his black girlfirend...in Russia...footballer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gabLDRobdpw

2. Nigerian girl living in Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ4tJUe_Wsg

Anyway, mixed bag.

P.S Again, I don't condone Russian invasion of Ukraine, or NATO expanding east...for this war, I stay neutral, as I get both sides' reasoning.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 29, 2022
brokeNOT:

Well, off the top of my head...Kaspersky, Lada, Antonov, AK 47, precision lenses, MIG and Sukhoi jet fighters, even the world's first tenary computer (didn't catch on because everyone uses binary). Also, you did not see the heavy machinery bit there. And they also manufacture the kind of trucks that you need to operate in heavy duty mining.(Kamaz)

Anyway, it does not matter to me either way. And Russia is, as you rightly say, too too resource dependent. I'm not much of a Putin fan either way, and I think that Russia had better options than to invade.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by brokeNOT(f): 5:36am On Apr 29, 2022
True. This was more of a rant than an actual writeup though

Also, it isn’t possible for 100% of the citizens to be racist. But to me, well around 90% are unapologetically racist

Even if the citizens are not racist, the country s an entity is. And it’s baffling that Nigerians are rooting for them.

If there is a ww3, and Russia wins, Africans would be their slaves.

subsidywise18:

Well, off the top of my head...Kaspersky, Lada, Antonov, AK 47, precision lenses, MIG and Sukhoi jet fighters, even the world's first tenary computer (didn't catch on because everyone uses binary). Also, you did not see the heavy machinery bit there. And they also manufacture the kind of trucks that you need to operate in heavy duty mining.(Kamaz)

Anyway, it does not matter to me either way. And Russia is, as you rightly say, too too resource dependent. I'm not much of a Putin fan either way, and I think that Russia had better options than to invade.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by HarunaWest(m): 5:54am On Apr 29, 2022
brokeNOT:

1st regarding Nigerian politics, ask yourself this “am I supporting the best candidate for the country or am I supporting the candidate with the highest chances of winning?

Last week, they arrested a 10-year old kid simply for holding a sign saying “Peace”.

Tell me..

We Africans or should I say Nigerians are angry with the west because they came here to colonize us. They took our resources, shoved their religion and ways of life upon us and took us as slaves to europe et al. The Westerners and Russians are all bad. Non is better than the other. They should have just left the black man alone so we develop at our own pace. They introduced us to a lifestyle that we couldn't cope with. That is the genesis of our problems in Africa.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 29, 2022
lecowas:
I wonder o, this reminds me back in the days, I was having an intellectual argument with a big colleague of mine and was winning, he just came and pushed me, I was surprised when people said he should beat me because I think I know more than them all cheesy. Nigerians can be funny and crazy.

Nigerians is an evidence that brains can be brainwashed and compromised. Most are totally unreasonable.

Lol. Most Nigerians are always ready to use violence to settle anything.

The thinking of the average Nigerian is warped. He/she just does not realize it. Look at the number of Nigerians demanding Buhari abuse power to truncate democratic voting in his ruling Party.

Next minute same folks are complaining of vote-rigging and "lack of democracy".
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 29, 2022
HarunaWest:
We Africans or should I say Nigerians are angry with the west because they came here to colonize us. They took our resources, shoved their religion and ways of life upon us and took us as slaves to europe et al. The Westerners and Russians are all bad. Non is better than the other. They should have just left the black man alone so we develop at our own pace. They introduced us to a lifestyle that we couldn't cope with. That is the genesis of our problems in Africa.

This is no longer a tenable excuse. We've been educated and exposed long enough to have turned around all the negative influences of colonialism if we are really devoted to doing so.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by drlateef: 6:02am On Apr 29, 2022
brokeNOT:

Tell me..

OP you have tried your best to paint Russia black. Racism is also very bad in America. You remember “I can’t breath” and how blacks are being continuously killed by racist white police. This reverberated throughout the world. I have not heard of such racist incidents against blacks in Russia. Americans will not give you job if you are black, unless you sound yankie and give them a “white” name over the phone. Many have been denied jobs on turning up for interview as they have made “mistake” inviting you.

You mentioned that Russia invaded more countries than America? Are you for real? Where have you been when America invaded Afghanistan and destroyed the country because they were looking for just one man. What about Iraq they invaded on the pretext of looking for WMD? They killed Sadam Hussain and destroyed the country, giving room to terrorists like ISIS to come in. What about Libya? They killed Muammar Ghaddafi for no reason and destroyed the countries. NATO weapons are being imported into Nigeria for terrorist and other criminal activities. And move on to Syria, America came uninvited to help remove Bashar Assad without any legitimate reason other than their master wanting decimate Iranian supporters. Syria has been completely destroyed and all their citizens scattered all over middleast and Europe. Move on to Yemen, Americans are also there helping to destroy the country up till now. Then to Somalia where the rebels repelled them and they had to run away. What about Vietnam? Have you forgotten that. America used the only atomic bomb ever used in the world on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. America is ready to invade any country at will. Their next annexation is Iran. Anywhere Israel wants to go, they go there to destroy the people and lands. They also pay over $1 billion every year to Israel to develop and buy weapons to kill, imprison and maim the Palestinians. The biggest open prison in the world is in Gaza.

Now let’s talk LGBT, unless you are gay or have gay family members, that’s when you will support this cancer that’s destroying the west right now. Any evil that’s promoted by any civilisation will destroy that civilisation. One of them is homosexuality. It’s a matter of time before we will see the effects of this cancer. Russia does not want this western evil and they are trying to protect their society against it. They can only be commended for that, I will not castigate them for that at all. Same in Africa, most African countries see this evil as a western cultural imperialism and many countries promulgate anti gay laws.
Now over to NATO, this military alliance was formed by the west to basically subjugate other powers that might challenge their hegemony. They use this military alliance to subjugate other smaller countries and after that, they impose their unpleasant cultures like gay marriage etc. That’s why they are continuously expanding eastwards. They had agreement with Russia never to expand eastwards but they kept reneging on the agreement, telling lies and refusing to obey agreements. Ukraine is their next theatre of expansion and Putin thought it was enough. If they come to Ukraine then they would have surrounded Russia completely and annihilate the Russians. That’s why Putin invaded Ukraine before it happens. This is an existential battle to save Russia. It’s not a “might is right” war like America has been doing all over the world. It was for the same reason that Georgia was attacked by Russia. Russia Was in Afghanistan and Syria at the request of their leaders. Russia does not invade countries to steal their oil. NATO ensures the breakdown of Soviet Union during the Cold War. That’s why Russian could see the danger signs. America would never allow Russian influence near its border. The Jewish leader of Ukraine allowed his country to be used as pawn in a chest game between two major super powers. That’s why they are bearing the brunt.

In summary, the real threat to world peace is America and its NATO allies, not Russia, not China. Their expansionist push towards the east is an ominous sign to subjugate the whole world. That’s why Russia and China are pushing back. And that’s why hippy boy of North Korea is constantly firing his toys to scare America away. That’s why Iran is secretly producing its own nuclear weapons. That balance of power and a push back is needed to make the world safe. Otherwise second modern day mass enslavement of the world would be imminent.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 29, 2022
Because we are being ruled by blind monkeys
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by blackpanda: 6:32am On Apr 29, 2022
brokeNOT:

Tell me..

I don't think anybody is supporting Russia. They are the aggressors in this case. The only issue is that this whole wat was instigated by america
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by brokeNOT(f): 6:33am On Apr 29, 2022
there would always be people like you in this world, but peace must prevail.

drlateef:

OP you have tried your best to paint Russia black. Racism is also very bad in America. You remember “I can’t breath” and how blacks are being continuously killed by racist white police. This reverberated throughout the world. I have not heard of such racist incidents against blacks in Russia. Americans will not give you job if you are black, unless you sound yankie and give them a “white” name over the phone. Many have been denied jobs on turning up for interview as they have made “mistake” inviting you.

You mentioned that Russia invaded more countries than America? Are you for real? Where have you been when America invaded Afghanistan and destroyed the country because they were looking for just one man. What about Iraq they invaded on the pretext of looking for WMD? They killed Sadam Hussain and destroyed the country, giving room to terrorists like ISIS to come in. What about Libya? They killed Muammar Ghaddafi for no reason and destroyed the countries. NATO weapons are being imported into Nigeria for terrorist and other criminal activities. And move on to Syria, America came uninvited to help remove Bashar Assad without any legitimate reason other than their master wanting decimate Iranian supporters. Syria has been completely destroyed and all their citizens scattered all over middleast and Europe. Move on to Yemen, Americans are also there helping to destroy the country up till now. Then to Somalia where the rebels repelled them and they had to run away. What about Vietnam? Have you forgotten that. America used the only atomic bomb ever used in the world on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. America is ready to invade any country at will. Their next annexation is Iran. Anywhere Israel wants to go, they go there to destroy the people and lands. They also pay over $1 billion every year to Israel to develop and buy weapons to kill, imprison and maim the Palestinians. The biggest open prison in the world is in Gaza.

Now let’s talk LGBT, unless you are gay or have gay family members, that’s when you will support this cancer that’s destroying the west right now. Any evil that’s promoted by any civilisation will destroy that civilisation. One of them is homosexuality. It’s a matter of time before we will see the effects of this cancer. Russia does not want this western evil and they are trying to protect their society against it. They can only be commended for that, I will not castigate them for that at all. Same in Africa, most African countries see this evil as a western cultural imperialism and many countries promulgate anti gay laws.
Now over to NATO, this military alliance was formed by the west to basically subjugate other powers that might challenge their hegemony. They use this military alliance to subjugate other smaller countries and after that, they impose their unpleasant cultures like gay marriage etc. That’s why they are continuously expanding eastwards. They had agreement with Russia never to expand eastwards but they kept reneging on the agreement, telling lies and refusing to obey agreements. Ukraine is their next theatre of expansion and Putin thought it was enough. If they come to Ukraine then they would have surrounded Russia completely and annihilate the Russians. That’s why Putin invaded Ukraine before it happens. This is an existential battle to save Russia. It’s not a “might is right” war like America has been doing all over the world. It was for the same reason that Georgia was attacked by Russia. Russia Was in Afghanistan and Syria at the request of their leaders. Russia does not invade countries to steal their oil. NATO ensures the breakdown of Soviet Union during the Cold War. That’s why Russian could see the danger signs. America would never allow Russian influence near its border. The Jewish leader of Ukraine allowed his country to be used as pawn in a chest game between two major super powers. That’s why they are bearing the brunt.

In summary, the real threat to world peace is America and its NATO allies, not Russia, not China. Their expansionist push towards the east is an ominous sign to subjugate the whole world. That’s why Russia and China are pushing back. And that’s why hippy boy of North Korea is constantly firing his toys to scare America away. That’s why Iran is secretly producing its own nuclear weapons. That balance of power and a push back is needed to make the world safe. Otherwise second modern day mass enslavement of the world would be imminent.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by drlateef: 6:57am On Apr 29, 2022
brokeNOT:

there would always be people like you in this world, but peace must prevail.

Yes there would be…….people who speak the truth against the crowd of liars. Praise be to God for that.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by maestroferddi: 6:58am On Apr 29, 2022
brokeNOT:

If you are neutral, you support the oppressor.

The way you guys display ignorance here is alarming.

You obviously don't read extensively or you have a very poor grasp of history.

For the record, Russia is almost at par with the West in almost all facets of industrialization and technology.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is utterly reprehensible but that does not detract from the fact that Russia is a veritable powerhouse in almost every field of human endeavour...

There is a reason the US is always envious of Russia...an enigmatic country right from antiquity.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by maestroferddi: 7:13am On Apr 29, 2022
candidtalk:

The thinking of the average Nigerian is warped. He/she just does not realize it. Look at the number of Nigerians demanding Buhari abuse power to truncate democratic voting in his ruling Party.

There is something called supervening intervention.

It is about taking action to pre-empt or forestall the occurrence of something bad.

This is where Good luck Jonathan will remain a failure to me despite the accolades being given to him.

He was the president but appeared uninterested with who succeeded him.

Today everybody can see where we are...

Now Buhari can redeem himself somehow by ensuring that certain people, especially in his party, do not hijack the leadership of the country. If he does that, then posterity will judge him well.

A good leader should be able to decipher certain traits in bad candidates and warn people about them...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by orisa37: 7:42am On Apr 29, 2022
MAD SENSE. WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF EVE.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by lecowas: 7:53am On Apr 29, 2022
candidtalk:

I'm telling you brother, and the most annoying part is they call people who have different opinions daft and fools.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 29, 2022
darling2222:
Because we are being ruled by blind monkeys

The sooner we abandon the redundant thinking that Nigerian leaders are responsible for all our woes the the better for us.

When Nigerians stop playing the blame game then we will begin to realize that the solution is in each and every one of us. Indeed it starts from us.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by brokeNOT(f): 8:07am On Apr 29, 2022
Russia has an economy the size of Texas

maestroferddi:
The way you guys display ignorance here is alarming.

You obviously don't read extensively or you have a very poor grasp of history.

For the record, Russia is almost at par with the West in almost all facets of industrialization and technology.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is utterly reprehensible but that does not detract from the fact that Russia is a veritable powerhouse in almost every field of human endeavour...

There is a reason the US is always envious of Russia...an enigmatic country right from antiquity.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2022
maestroferddi:
There is something called supervening intervention.

It is about taking action to pre-empt or forestall the occurrence of something bad.

This is where Good luck Jonathan will remain a failure to me despite the accolades being given to him.

He was the president but appeared uninterested with who succeeded him.

Today everybody can see where we are...

Now Buhari can redeem himself somehow by ensuring that certain people, especially in his party, do not hijack the leadership of the country. If he does that, then posterity will judge him well.

A good leader should be able to decipher certain traits in bad candidates and warn people about them...

Rubbish . You're doing exactly what OP is talking about. Buhari has a duty, first and foremost, to deepen and enhance our democracy.

It is not his job to be judge over his compatriot who are entitled to vie for positions they wish to contest for.

You are supporting arbitrary abuse of power by a strongman rather than support what is right for Nigeria in our quest to gain the sort of democracy that has created great nations.

Do you see leaders in the UK, USA or Germany abusing their power to single-handedly instal a successor as if they alone know best? They are not allowed such god-like power by the sort of well-developed democracies we should be trying to attain and not undermine with the sort of action you are endorsing Buhari to take.

You're even deviously clever , showing the 419 dna in most Nigerians, in trying to justify what is wrong , because such comes from a strongman, by mentioning Jonathan.

What of Buhari himself you are backing to abuse power? Can it not be argued he is worse than GEJ?

Buhari that has failed woefully in regards to securing Nigerian lives and properties. Also, he has divided Nigeria horribly along ethnic, religious and sectional lines to create a situation where Nigeria is now stricken with serious ethno-religuous tension that may simmer for a while after Buhari has left office.

That is is the person whose judgement you now trust per who becomes President in 2023? Can you listen to yourself to note you are a classic example of the Nigerians the OP is talking about.

If anything, Buhari's failings has shown very questionable judgment that should mean, for sophisticated citizens in advanced nations anyway, he should be the last person allowed to foist his choice of successor on us.

You're successfully proven OP's point about Nigerians siding with might rather than abiding with what is right by all.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Transcriber: 8:18am On Apr 29, 2022
That's how it is all over the world
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Transcriber: 8:19am On Apr 29, 2022
brokeNOT:
Russia has an economy the size of Texas

that doesn't take anything away from their achievements.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by maestroferddi: 9:05am On Apr 29, 2022
candidtalk:

Rubbish . You're doing exactly what OP is talking about. Buhari has a duty, first and foremost, to deepen and enhance our democracy.

It is not his job to be judge over his compatriot who are entitled to vie for positions they wish to contest for.

You are supporting arbitrary abuse of power by a strongman rather than support what is right for Nigeria in our quest to gain the sort of democracy that has created great nations.

Do you see leaders in the UK, USA or Germany abusing their power to single-handedly instal a successor as if they alone know best? They are not allowed such god-like power by the sort of well-developed democracies we should be trying to attain and not undermine with the sort of action you are endorsing Buhari to take.

You're even deviously clever , showing the 419 dna in most Nigerians, in trying to justify what is wrong , because such comes from a strongman, by mentioning Jonathan.

What of Buhari himself you are backing to abuse power? Can it not be argued he is worse than GEJ?

Buhari that has failed woefully in regards to securing Nigerian lives and properties. Also, he has divided Nigeria horribly along ethnic, religious and sectional lines to create a situation where Nigeria is now stricken with serious ethno-religuous tension that may simmer for a while after Buhari has left office.

That is is the person whose judgement you now trust per who becomes President in 2023? Can you listen to yourself to note you are a classic example of the Nigerians the OP is talking about.

If anything, Buhari's failings has shown very questionable judgment that should mean, for sophisticated citizens in advanced nations anyway, he should be the last person allowed to foist his choice of successor on us.

You're successfully proven OP's point about Nigerians siding with might rather than abiding with what is right by all.
Take some time to read between the lines of my post.

A good president as a major stakeholder should not be uninterested in who succeeds him.

He would understand that should he decide to stay aloof, whatever he may have achieved risk being reversed.

I am saying he should use the machineries of state to witch-hunt the opposition but he should be involved in outcome of choosing his party's flagbearer, at least.

You keep alluding to the West but we see this scenario playing out time and again.

There are a lot of ways this vetting is done. The president, in conjunction with top party officials, screens candidates across board.

Good candidates are pencilled down while the bad ones are noted. While noone would bar them from participating in the process, the party organ would work to ensure that they do not emerge from the selection process.

My reference to Jonathan was actually to partially lay the blames of Buhari's emergence on his doorsteps.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2022
candidtalk:

The sooner we abandon the redundant thinking that Nigerian leaders are responsible for all our woes the the better for us.

When Nigerians stop playing the blame game then we will begin to realize that the solution is in each and every one of us. Indeed it starts from us.
I see
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by brokeNOT(f): 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2022
What then is the use of elections?

maestroferddi:
Take some time to read between the lines of my post.

A good president as a major stakeholder should not be uninterested in who succeeds him.

He would understand that should he decide to stay aloof, whatever he may have achieved risk being reversed.

I am saying he should use the machineries of state to witch-hunt the opposition but he should be involved in outcome of choosing his party's flagbearer, at least.

You keep alluding to the West but we see this scenario playing out time and again.

There are a lot of ways this vetting is done. The president, in conjunction with top party officials, screens candidates across board.

Good candidates are pencilled down while the bad ones are noted. While noone would bar them from participating in the process, the party organ would work to ensure that they do not emerge from the selection process.

My reference to Jonathan was actually to partially lay the blames of Buhari's emergence on his doorsteps.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by blueAgent(m): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2022
HarunaWest:

You are too ingnorant and naive.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by HarunaWest(m): 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
blueAgent:

You are too ingnorant and naive.
Enlightened one. We are in this shithole together. Yall forming work whereas we all same ilk.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Support Who Is Stronger And Not Who Is Right? by maestroferddi: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2022
brokeNOT:
What then is the use of elections?

Of course there has to be elections, but there is nothing wrong with weeding out very bad candidates before they hijack the process.

Africans take the subject of electing their leaders lightily but when demons emerge, they begin to weep and gnash their teeth.

It is a moral duty of stakeholders to ensure that the country does not fall into wrong hands.

Leaving it exclusively to the whims of "democracy" is tantamount to toying with disaster.

Two Killed In Suspected Bomb Attack On Imo State Oil Facility / Did Osinbajo's Declaration Hurt Tinubu And His Campaign That Much? / Breaking News!!! Asari Dokubo Invite Igbos To Boro Day 2022. ( Photos).

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171