Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) (22130 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / Anambra Discovers Unused 4 Ventilators In Medical Store / Man Discovers A Lady Has Breast Lump During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Johel(m): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2022
lalasticlala:
Dr. Ugo Anieto is the inventor of Anietocin, an antibiotic used to treat antibiotic-resistant microbial infections. He was born in Onitsha in Anambra state & currently an Associate Professor in Microbiology at, the University of Texas.

Ozii Baba Anieto, his cousin, announced this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ozii_baba/status/1519570498333691905

TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
Inventor

Dr. Ugochukwu Anieto Instructional Assistant Professor, College of Science Higher Education Center at McAllen

Research Areas and Divisions Bioenergy Antimicrobial resistance Food microbiology

Anietocin: A Novel Antibiotic to Treat Drug Resistant Infections

Overview
The rapid emergence of antibiotic resistant bacteria is occurring worldwide, endangering the efficacy of antibiotics, which have transformed medicine and saved millions of lives. The antibiotic resistance crisis has bcen attributed to the misuse of these medications, as well as the lack of new drug development efforts. This disclosed invention presents a new strain of Pseudomon. spp. bacteria that produces antimicrobial compounds effective against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.

Technology
A previously unknown Pseudomonas strain has been identified and now named "Anieto", after the TAMU inventor Dr. Anieto. The bacterium produces a novel antibiotic compound, named "Anietoci, and has been tested against several bacteria, both Gram positive and Grarn negative, for growth inhibition and has so far been effective against all test bacterial species. While resistance to antibiotics is a growing global concern, this antibiotic offers the promise of alleviating the substantial health and economic burden on healthcare systems and population. Dr. Anieto strongly believes that pharmaceutical companies can utilize this bacterium and maximize its effectiveness to treat prevailing bacterial infections in patients. His team is currently improving the chemical extraction process of this novel antibiotic and understanding the metabolomics of the bacterium to addre. large scale manufacturing opportunities.

Advantages • No resistance to antibiotic observed by targeted bacterial species yet • Broad.spectrum antibiotic provides potential hunts

Applications • Treatment of antibiotic resistant microbial infections • Surgical and sterile environments • Point of care antibiotic prescription.

Stage Of Development: undergoing laboratory trials on several bacterial species while showing consistent results.

Patent Status: U.S. Patent Application in Preparation.

Awesome!...to create or invent something no easy.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:00am On Apr 29, 2022
I told you...Fellas come and see,the love no last..hahahahahahahaha. Ewedu sha

Nigerialabalaba:

I sure u no read wetin I type. Shey Abalaka na roadside chemist?Abi u be olodo ni? For science, no be social media go announce and be ur reference for scientific breakthrough especially one wey never get clinical and regulatory seal.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Truvelisback(m): 10:02am On Apr 29, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Who you? who know you? who send you?..Ordinary formular for frying akara,you never discover...Shift jare

Oya, tell me wetin the drug dey work and weting e dey do? I dey wait....

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:04am On Apr 29, 2022
Painment....Only in benin Republic can this type of epistle be written. Boujour,we no hear French here ooo...IGBO AMAKA. We heard they are shipping you in back to vote in this Osun elections and back to Benin republic where you originally belong

GloriousGbola:
Can someone post a link to a verified article
It is only Nigerian blogs showing up on Google

Antibiotic for drug resistant infections is an oxymoron

Infections become resistant to antibiotics because or rapid evolution / natural selection brought about by abuse of antibiotics and not completijg your dose

Eventually all infections will become resistant to antibiotics, even this one if our use of antibiotics is not disciplined.

This is especially true for Nigeria where we throw antibiotics at everything without blinking

For the tribal chestbeaters you are not doing your kinsman any favors by making him trend on something that is not ready for prime time.

You can pull that nonsense in naija. In obodo oyibo you will end up making him look like a quack attention seeker
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:05am On Apr 29, 2022
As usual.. we no send you..goan find out and create your own thread Mr wailer

GloriousGbola:

As usual you cannot answer a simple question

Post a link to a verified article

The decision to name the drug, ironically cannot even rest with him. That will rest with the drug companies. But you do you.
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2022
Boy take your questions to WHO...If IGBO AMAKA hard you to type,just click like .. PAINment. I'm not enjoying this convo, abeg throw insult let me send my own back..I'm not a gentleman or your friend

Truvelisback:
Oya, tell me wetin the drug dey work and weting e dey do? I dey wait....
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Truvelisback(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Boy take your questions to WHO...If IGBO AMAKA hard you to type,just click like .. PAINment. I'm not enjoying this convo, abeg throw insult let me send my own back..I'm not a gentleman or your friend

Na u dey claim say u be Minister of health na! Nai make me dey ask u.
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2022
You wey dey form minister of information, na all the Rain wey fall dey beat you? if like hard you click LIKE, throwey face. insults will be met with stiff resistance,disdain will be met with bannable statements

Truvelisback:
Na u dey claim say u be Minister of health na! Nai make me dey ask u.
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by bepositive11: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2022
You're not serious. Do you know how impactful this is? ?

Lewisjohnson:
So I should start Fucking Raw nd Without Condom?? grin grin grin
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Truvelisback(m): 10:26am On Apr 29, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
You wey dey form minister of information, na all the Rain wey fall dey beat you? if like hard you click LIKE, throwey face. insults will be met with stiff resistance,disdain will be met with bannable statements

So, u no even know wetin the drug dey work for self. grin

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2022
No false.. I'm not answerable to you. The matter is above your paygrade

Truvelisback:
So, u no even know wetin the drug dey work for self. grin
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Diego70: 10:31am On Apr 29, 2022
We cure any kind of disease like infection, diabetes hiv, lupus,etc permanently
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by babaireti(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2022
Ibo made, Aba made ,antibiotics, IPOB don come again o, Oyinbo people ,don't say I did not warn you ooooo
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Diego70: 10:48am On Apr 29, 2022
We cure any kind of disease permanently
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Chuzoetoh(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Good. Omo Nigeria gidi
unity beggar
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Chuzoetoh(m): 10:53am On Apr 29, 2022
Lewisjohnson:
nope you should start fucking ur cousins
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Diego70: 10:54am On Apr 29, 2022
Good morning
This is adetunji tradomedical company
our product is effective and it has no effect, we deliver Nationwide .
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2022
Newboss:
WTF is this?

The drug you're talking about is not even a thing yet. It's still being worked on. If you know how many drugs have been developed on paper by Nigerians, you'll chill.

What sort of fuckery is this? Is it inferiority complex or what? Calm down, that shît is not on Google, only on Nigerian blogs.
most you show ur hate here is not on google yet but it will be on google celebrate Igbos achievement and kill the habit of hate
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Eriokanmi: 11:07am On Apr 29, 2022
Chuzoetoh:
unity beggar
As long as Nigeria remains one, anybody who achieves any feat amongst us remains Nigerian, including those who spoil the country's image abroad. No foreigner would say boko haram are fulanis from Northern Nigeria rather they'd say they're Nigerian terrorists. When we eventually breakaway which is inevitable, then, everybody would identify with their new country
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by techWriter3: 11:15am On Apr 29, 2022
Nigerians Kwenu!
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by emorse(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2022
07kjb:

If he is from cross river is still good, do you have a problem with that
Do you? I no know Wetin dey always worry Una.
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by emorse(m): 11:40am On Apr 29, 2022
Phut:

Anieto is an Igbo name.
Ani = Earth.
Anieto = The earth praises.

The cross river name you may be referring to is Aniete.
Thanks for the info sis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by muheeb01(m): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
There are effective ways to treat orthodox drugs resistant bacteria tradomedically and more pure and natural forms without additives or chemical....embrace herbs consult a real person with knowledge is all what you need
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Proudlyomonna: 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
Doing well is no biggie for Ndigbo grin
Na normal normal na grin
Igbo Amaka neziokwu.
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Germi9: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2022
Are they sold in Nigeria already?
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Maverick777: 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2022
Newbreed2018:
Everywhere UmuIgbo keep breaking grounds.

Igbos are truly blessed.

Igbo Amaka!!!

To the consternation of the Headies
The ishawuru people, pepper people, hydraulic soup, dirty and smelly...Aaaaah! Omo Ibo??
Time coming, this your constant senseless tribal bigotry would make you lose something you value so much.
trust me on this one!
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Antivirus92(m): 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2022
BloomingDale:

Yorubas are also doing great, if not more.
keep it to yourself. Nobody asked you or u can better still celebrate yourselves!
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by FlordFlorez(m): 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2022
Congratulations senior scientist in the profession.

God bless all scientists around the world working hard for a healthier world. Celebrate all scientists u know, this week is our world biomedical scientist professional week. It's ending tomorrow.

I still be student sha. cool
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by BloomingDale(f): 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2022
Antivirus92:
keep it to yourself. Nobody asked you or u can better still celebrate yourselves!

Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by shunlet210: 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Phut:

Anieto is an Igbo name. Ani= Earth. Anieto = The earth praises.

Now I know. Thanks for sharing.... learning is a continuous process. you a darling

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by TempleHouse: 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sebastine1994:
Igbo amàka I swear2 gad.

Call mé a tribalist but I don't care, igbo brothers may not be perfect in all areas,, but they always get some things right.

My Yoruba brothers will call it pride or hubris. But sensible people call it chuzpah, temerity, audacity, resourceful, smart, independent. .

If igbo ruled Nigeria like the hausa, Nigeria will be 20 times better than Dubai
That’s true !
Okija Shrine would be transformed to World class, I guess for human development.
Re: Dr. Ugo Anieto Discovers ANIETOCIN (Antibiotic For Drug Resistant Infections) by Mrkcee(m): 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
Lewisjohnson:
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Penile Enlargement Solutiom That Works / Nigeria Has Second Largest HIV Epidemic Worldwide:unaids / FAAN Security Staff Land In Hospital After Custom Men Beat Them To Pulp (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.