Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,943 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

There Were Days When The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Were Days When The Church (456 Views)

Days When Men Have The Bible On One Hand And Juju On The Other / The Signs Of The Last Days. When? / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2022
There were days when the church could club men into obedience by preaching Hell to them,but that day as long passed.The world has outgrown it.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2022
Gointo:
There were days when the church could club men into obedience by preaching Hell to them,but that day as long passed.The world has outgrown it.

OP said my answer is nonsense (not in those words but grin ) so I've deleted it.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

There are still some Churches around where holiness is preached. However, they are small Churches so not many members. The megachurches preach what the members want.
maybe you should reread the post,your reply is not related to what i posted.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2022
Gointo:
Doesn't men are less gullible these days. I mean your churches still use other lies to enslave many of the same men and their children into filling seats week after week. undecided

Plus, more and more of your pastors and mogs are into running their social clubs less like cults and more like businesses these days. undecided
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
Gointo:
maybe you should reread the post,your reply is not related to what i posted.

Sorry your honour. My mistake lipsrsealed
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 3:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Doesn't men are less gullible these days. I mean your churches still use other lies to enslave many of the same men and their children into filling seats week after week. undecided

Plus, more and more of your pastors and mogs are into running their social clubs less like cults and more like businesses these days. undecided
Hello Mr junkie,pls open a youtube channel to vent your venom.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Gointo:
Hello Mr junkie,pls open a youtube channel to vent your venom.
What venom did you give me to vent abeg? undecided
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2022
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:

those ones are slave to their lust,so they pay whoever claims to help them get it..
p.s stop commenting in an attacking voice...you dont know me,so what made you think,im a fan of organized religion of the world(that is not of christ)
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nezzjnr: 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Sorry your honour. My mistake lipsrsealed
PastorMIsBack I want to know your opinion on Bf/Gf Affair
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nezzjnr:

PastorMIsBack I want to know your opinion on Bf/Gf Affair

It depends what they are doing when they are together
Studying?
Praying?
Watching a movie?
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nezzjnr: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

It depends what they are doing when they are together
Studying?
Praying?
Watching a movie?
Like I meant is it biblical to have a Gf or to have a Bf??
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nezzjnr:

Like I meant is it biblical to have a Gf or to have a Bf??

I've answered your question.

If you have a friend that is male, that is a boy-friend
If you have a friend that is female, that is a girl-friend

What they do together is another matter wink
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nezzjnr: 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I've answered your question.

If you have a friend that is male, that is a boy-friend
If you have a friend that is female, that is a girl-friend

What they do together is another matter wink
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well you are right.

In the sense that they're both having romantic affairs... It's bad ryt
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nezzjnr:

Yep wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Were Days When The Church by Dtruthspeaker: 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2022
Gointo:

And that was when the world started to burn faster and faster than ever and the peoples crying more than ever as the Bible fore-said.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Dtruthspeaker: 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Yep wink

I say you are wrong.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Dtruthspeaker: 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nezzjnr:

Well you are right.

Romance is about GOODNESS OF LOVE OR THE LOVE OF AND FOR GOODNESS.

And Goodness dictates that you do not give dishonor, shame or ridicule or pain to any person, in line with THE LAW (Thou shalt do no wrong or evil thing).

So, the question is how and why therefore can you the hurt and wound the person you love?

Love is Good and always good and must only and always do only The Good.

So, read, watch a movie together, sleep in each others rooms BUT IN ALL THY DOINGS DO NOT DO ANY EVIL THING TO THY PARTNER.

AND THE 2 OF YOU ALREADY KNOW THE EVIL THINGS WHICH YOU CAN DO TO EACH OTHER.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nezzjnr: 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And Goodness dictates that you do not give dishonor, shame or ridicule or pain to any person, in line with THE LAW (Thou shalt do no wrong or evil thing).

So, the question is how and why therefore can you the hurt and wound the person you love?

So, read, watch a movie together, sleep in each others rooms BUT IN ALL THY DOINGS DO NOT DO ANY EVIL THING TO THY PARTNER.

Lol

I asked someone else... Not you though
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nezzjnr: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Yep wink
Thank you Ma

1 Like

Re: There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And that was when the world started to burn faster and faster than ever and the peoples crying more than ever as the Bible fore-said.
that means many didnt reaceive the gospel in full.,
so you mean holiness is about the fear of hell...
thats not the fullness of the gospel,and thats where the problem lies,
lol,they dont fear God but they terrified of hell...shaking my head.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Its takes the fear of God,and being born of the spirit that nothing wont happen in such compromising situation.lol the power of the flesh,better tell him keep off entanglement until marriage is in view in nothing more than two years time..,(just an advice).
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Dtruthspeaker: 6:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
Gointo:
Its takes the fear of God,and being born of the spirit that nothing wont happen in such compromising situation.lol the power of the flesh,better tell him keep off entanglement until marriage is in view in nothing more than two years time..,(just an advice).

What you said is in deed True.

However, This is another opportunity people have in Finding God and learning about Him as well as learning about themselves.

FOR GOD LOVES, LOVE. AND LOVE IS GOOD, SOOO VERY GOOD.

For in here, you have an opportunity to choose a greatly good future, (if you learn all that you are supposed to) or you shall enter into one of the several holes of a future full of despairs and failures and regrets and "how I wishes".

Love is an opportunity to have and find God and also save your life from death.

Love is one of the many helps God has given the children of men to save them from death which is why everyone has fallen into love.

But the world says and teaches "do not love".
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nezzjnr:

Thank you Ma

You are welcome.

There are many voices out there - some saying abstain, some saying 'it's not evil, it's good' - know which voice to listen to.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

What you said is in deed True.

However, This is another opportunity people have in Finding God and learning about Him as well as learning about themselves.

FOR GOD LOVES, LOVE. AND LOVE IS GOOD, SOOO VERY GOOD.

For in here, you have an opportunity to choose a greatly good future, (if you learn all that you are supposed to) or you shall enter into one of the several holes of a future full of despairs and failures and regrets and "how I wishes".

Love is an opportunity to have and find God and also save your life from death.

Love is one of the many helps God has given the children of men to save them from death which is why everyone has fallen into love.

But the world says and teaches "do not love".
bro you confusing romantic stuff with love...GOD IS LOVE.whoever have love in him.has God in him.you can only express love under the canopy of God's love...
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Dtruthspeaker: 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2022
Gointo:
bro you confusing romantic stuff with love...GOD IS LOVE.whoever have love in him.has God in him.you can only express love under the canopy of God's love...

Isn't romance in nature and spirit the motion and expression and declaration of love?

When a person is giving romance, is the person not giving pleasure?

Is the giving pleasure to another person an evil thing?

Is it not displeasure and unpleasantness that is the bad thing?
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2022
bro you confusing romantic stuff with love...GOD IS LOVE.whoever have love in him.has God in him.you can only express love under the canopy of God's love... thats why lord jesus christ compress the laws into two commandment,i.e;(1)love the lord your God with all your heart,and might.
(2)love your neigbour as yourself.
To reiterate my earlier statement,this means no one can love his neigbour unless he love GOD first.. A man has known God when love is in him,since God is love,then it means God is in him.,
so he can now exhibit the fruit of love to all,that is why it is written love all,even your enemies.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2022
Gointo:
that means many didnt reaceive the gospel in full.,

People do not like receiving God, even the Israelites themselves did not agree to be bound with Him.

Gointo:

so you mean holiness is about the fear of hell...
thats not the fullness of the gospel,and thats where the problem lies,
lol,they dont fear God but they terrified of hell...shaking my head.

You are the saying what I never said. All I said is up there and you have cast it aside to say what I did not say.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Dtruthspeaker: 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nezzjnr:

Lol

I asked someone else... Not you though

Thought you wanted to know!
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Gointo: 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

People do not like receiving God, even the Israelites themselves did not agree to be bound with Him.

You are the saying what I never said. All I said is up there and you have cast it aside to say what I did not say.
oh,sorry i misconstrued what you wrote.
Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nezzjnr: 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

You are welcome.

There are many voices out there - some saying abstain, some saying 'it's not evil, it's good' - know which voice to listen to.

It's more bad that believers are now validating it

1 Like

Re: There Were Days When The Church by Nezzjnr: 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Thought you wanted to know!

I'm sorry if I sounded Rude

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points - / I helped to convert over 1,000 PASTORS into Islam (VIDEO) By a Former Pastor. / Does Hell Exists Or It's A Figment Of Imagination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.