Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Kate Onakomaiya, Author Of The Growing Life Shares - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kate Onakomaiya, Author Of The Growing Life Shares (148 Views)

Carter Efe Confirms Machala Changed His Life, Shares His Throwback Picture / My Ass Is Growing, Life Is Good - Khloe / My Ass Is Growing, Life Is Good - Khloe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kate Onakomaiya, Author Of The Growing Life Shares by itzblessed: 4:39pm On Apr 29, 2022
A decade after joining the John Maxwell Leadership Team, Kate’s career has witnessed an exponential growth. Kate Onakomaiya is the Managing Director of Exponential Growth Academy Ltd, a company that provides sustainable leadership training, coaching, speaking and consulting services to promote higher levels of engagement, performance and profitability. She consults for corporate and individual clients across Africa and beyond.

BLACKWASH publisher, Oludare Sorunke engages Kate as she talks about her new book, The Growing Life, personal development, career choices and how we can become the better version of ourselves.

Please tell us about your book, The Growing Life. What influenced it?

The Growing Life was borne out of my desire to add value to society. It is my wish to see lives transformed through consistent and intentional living. I want to help people get out of stagnation and despondency and live consciously, fulfilling their dreams. The book is intended to inspire those who are already on the journey of growth to keep the fire burning and find support along the way.

I believe we are all created to be more, do more and have more. Life is meant to be progressive but it is not so for many people. Many people find themselves just going through the motions every day and life feels stagnant. When life is stagnant, it gives room for toxicity because everything bad grows in a stagnant place. If you are not making progress, then you are probably stagnant and need to plug into personal growth. In The Growing Life, I talked about the six core areas of life where you need to be making continuous progress in order to live a balanced and fulfilled life. I shared my personal experience and how I moved from unintentional growth to intentional growth. If you are already on a path of growth, this book will inspire you to continue taking the steps necessary to stay the path.

I have always wanted to be more, have more, and do more. I am a firm believer that our lives should be progressive and not stagnant or regressive. I also believe that growth must be intentional for it to be truly meaningful. Growth guarantees a brighter future for those who take it seriously.

The book is like a coaching guide. Someone who read it said, “Kate, this book should be a memoir! I am so glad I know you because I can see you on all the pages.” I share my story of intentional growth and how one of the best on the subject, John C Maxwell, is mentoring me, because I want all those who read it to be inspired to live to their fullest potentials.

The book is dedicated to my late father, Augustine Ivo Njie, who taught me to read widely and see a world beyond what I was experiencing growing up.

How important are the principles in The Growing Life to living?

The principles are very relatable to every facet of life. For example, the principle of “Believing You Are Worth It” is crucial to our everyday success, because if you don’t believe you can succeed, you will never be a success. Faith in yourself and your calling or chosen vocation is a powerful force to spur you to success.

There was a time when I discovered that I was not growing (I mentioned that experience in the book) and this affected everything else –my physical and mental health, spiritual life, finances and relationships.

When we are not growing, we are declining or dying. When we are not growing, we are toxic and can get to a point of self-destructing. We can even become a danger to those around us. Growth brings meaning to life and makes life meaningful.

When we apply the principles outlined in the book, we will experience joy, fulfillment, peace, and greater performance in every area of our lives.

Who should read the book?

Everyone! The book is written in plain and simple language so anyone can understand it. The principles are universal and they work wherever you find yourself. So far, students have read the book, professionals have read it, coaches, business owners and bankers too… The Growing Life is meant for anyone interested in becoming a better version of themselves and recognizing the importance of intentional growth as a means of unleashing their full potentials.

Is this your first? Any more in the works?

Yes, this is my first book!

I have so many other books in me and I am currently writing my second book on Leadership. My books will be centered on personal growth, leadership, faith, communication, and values

Read more @ https://blackwash.blog/blackwash-exclusive-kate-onakomaiya-author-of-the-growing-life-shares-insights-on-intentional-living-and-becoming-the-best-version-of-self/

(1) (Reply)

See Tinubu Inspiring Speech At Alaafin Of Oyo 8th Day Fidau Prayer. / I Loved This Music So Much That I Made This Lyrics Video Of It (-obinasom) / How Do You Cheer Yourself Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.