Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

London MBA better than Niger MBA? What will you advise your younger ones? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / London MBA better than Niger MBA? What will you advise your younger ones? (828 Views)

How My Younger Sister Miraculously Scaled Jamb / If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

London MBA better than Niger MBA? What will you advise your younger ones? by shopkraft(f): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2007
Hello Everybody,

I came here to seek your opinion. Having been here in US, lived in London shortly, my younger sister wants to come to London for her MBA. She's always been interested in travelling outside Niger and all that stuff. I have tried to let her know the real pic of "Abroad life" She's got a good job and I advised her to seek her MBA in Nigeria she said there is a london afflicated one in ABuja, processed that one and now all of a sudden she said it must be UK. I felt she's setting up herself for some serious life changing issue which is not obvious to her.

One, I do not want her coming to UK and peg her future on some london MBA which she can do in Niger and keep her job. Then the issue of london boys, no offense o! I have very good contacts in Nigeria that could land her good jobs but it seems she's just grown these abroad wings and nothing could make her see the otherwise.

What would you do or am I insane? Am I being selfish because I'm in USA not seing things properly? She did EDU at UI and I understand the need for further studies but why does  it have to be london only? Do you think major companies prefer London MBA even to better grades at Nigerian Universities?
Will a just landed London MBA make you a hotcake in Niger? Pls advise!!!

(1) (Reply)

Absu Students Thread. / Word Teacher's Day : Which Of Ur Past Teachers Do You Remember / What Inspires You -wiy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.