Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Difference Between A Client, Server, And Database - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Difference Between A Client, Server, And Database (452 Views)

Is My Files And Database Safe With Hosting Company? / Contact Me For Your Website Design And Database Creation / Learn How To Create Bulk Email Server,and Send Unlimited Bulk Emails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between A Client, Server, And Database by CJust(m): 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2022
Who knows and can tell me the difference of 1. Server 2. client 3. database In web development
Re: Difference Between A Client, Server, And Database by angelEmade: 5:43pm On Apr 29, 2022
Replying
Note: this is not a Google answer. This is an answer from an experienced developer, full stack developer and backend/server administrator with over seven years field work experience.
Let's start from the simplest.
A database holds information. But not always. Sometimes a database only hold the identifiers that point to where the real data is. For instance images are often stored on a server, locally or remotely and the url identifier for that image is stored in a database
This is common for SQL databases that cannot hold such data as an image within it's tables. Database daemons themselves are hosted on a server. Just like a software running on a computer.
A server is thus a remote computer, a virtual machine (most servers are virtualized) with an operating system software usually linux distros like ubuntu and centos, on top which other daemons or softwares needed to run your programs are installed. For a basic website, you will need to install a database software on your OS distro hosted remotely or locally on your server which is a real piece of hardware connected to the internet at all times.
Every user accessing your server or VM thus become a client. Right now the device you are using to read this is a client to the Nairaland servers and if you hit the like button for this reply, that information will be stored in the nairaland database on the nairaland servers.
Trust me it is quiet more complex than this but I hope this helps. grin
Re: Difference Between A Client, Server, And Database by bmdmix12: 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Client be like customer

Server the person when they serve the client

Database the person when go write the amount the client done spend
Re: Difference Between A Client, Server, And Database by CJust(m): 11:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
angelEmade:
Replying
Note: this is not a Google answer. This is an answer from an experienced developer, full stack developer and backend/server administrator with over seven years field work experience.
Let's start from the simplest.
A database holds information. But not always. Sometimes a database only hold the identifiers that point to where the real data is. For instance images are often stored on a server, locally or remotely and the url identifier for that image is stored in a database
This is common for SQL databases that cannot hold such data as an image within it's tables. Database daemons themselves are hosted on a server. Just like a software running on a computer.
A server is thus a remote computer, a virtual machine (most servers are virtualized) with an operating system software usually linux distros like ubuntu and centos, on top which other daemons
wow! That was cool, well it helped alot, i need to know how to read and store in the database

1 Like

Re: Difference Between A Client, Server, And Database by angelEmade: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2022
CJust:
wow! That was cool, well it helped alot, i need to know how to read and store in the database
You are welcome bro

(1) (Reply)

Get The Best Website, Business Website, Investment Website, Blog Website / Facebook Pages Hub / Hausa Styles/fulani Zanna Cap For Men 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.