Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Salary Expectations Of A Nigerian Software Programmer Working Remotely - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Salary Expectations Of A Nigerian Software Programmer Working Remotely (743 Views)

Are You A Programmer Or App Developer Who Wish To Work Remotely For A US Company / Would Programming Still Be A Viable Career If Working Remotely Wasn't An Option? / Christian Nwamba, A Nigerian Software Engineer Becomes Microsoft Developer Advo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Expectations Of A Nigerian Software Programmer Working Remotely by JB789: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dear Nairaland family,
I'm a Medical Laboratory Scientist working in a private facility in Nigeria. Because of poor remuneration here in Nigeria, I have already started processing my papers to move to UK to practice Biomedical Science there.

However, right from time, I had always known that I'm in the wrong profession. I'm very good with computers and ICT,. I know that going into software programming will give me fulfilment. I am a fast learner and intelligent too (all by God's grace). I taught myself R (R software) as difficult as it (relative to other statistical analyses software) in just weeks and have been doing data analyses with it. With this ASUU strike, I have started learning programming (taking online programming courses). I'm done with basic HTML (and HTML5), and CSS in just few days (combining my job of about 9 hours daily) . I'm now in Applied Visual Design.

My questions:

1) If I decide to stay back in Nigeria, perfect my programming skills and work for a foreign based company, (i.e. working remotely) what salary range should I expect per week (or per month)?

2) How easy is it to secure such remote programming jobs (good paying ones) as a Nigerian, living in Nigeria.

3) Should I just forget working from Nigeria and continue my relocation plans?

Thank you in anticipation!
Re: Salary Expectations Of A Nigerian Software Programmer Working Remotely by Cpossibility(m): 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2022
God will help us in this country but we have serious work to do come 2023. Vote wisely! My only fear is INEC.
Re: Salary Expectations Of A Nigerian Software Programmer Working Remotely by SanctifiedSista(f): 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
JB789:
Dear Nairaland family,
I'm a Medical Laboratory Scientist working in a private facility in Nigeria. Because of poor remuneration here in Nigeria, I have already started processing my papers to move to UK to practice Biomedical Science there.

However, right from time, I had always known that I'm in the wrong profession. I'm very good with computers and ICT,. I know that going into software programming will give me fulfilment. I am a fast learner and intelligent too (all by God's grace). I taught myself R (R software) as difficult as it (relative to other statistical analyses software) in just weeks and have been doing data analyses with it. With this ASUU strike, I have started learning programming (taking online programming courses). I'm done with basic HTML (and HTML5), and CSS in just few days (combining my job of about 9 hours daily) . I'm now in Applied Visual Design.

My questions:

1) If I decide to stay back in Nigeria, perfect my programming skills and work for a foreign based company, (i.e. working remotely) what salary range should I expect per week (or per month)?

2) How easy is it to secure such remote programming jobs (good paying ones) as a Nigerian, living in Nigeria.

3) Should I just forget working from Nigeria and continue my relocation plans?

Thank you in anticipation!

U can stay in Nigeria and work anywhere
But ask Holy Spirit
Excellent at answering questions and clearing confusion

Come to church this Sunday with that question
U will leave with the answer

Clear as day

Re: Salary Expectations Of A Nigerian Software Programmer Working Remotely by JB789: 9:25am On Apr 30, 2022
Programmers in the house, I need your inputs!
Re: Salary Expectations Of A Nigerian Software Programmer Working Remotely by arejibadz(m): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2022
JB789:
Programmers in the house, I need your inputs!
broda man I advise you to do whatever it takes to japa from this country, when you get abroad you can still learn your tech related skill....THIS COUNTRY IS FAR FROM GONE

(1) (Reply)

Webxponent - SEO Company In Lagos, Nigeria / How Do I Stayed Focused To Actualize My Dream Of Becoming Software Developer. / What Project Did You Start But Never Finished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.