Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Britain Recolonizes The Virgin Islands - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Britain Recolonizes The Virgin Islands (589 Views)

US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, / Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy / Irma Aftermath On U.S. Virgin Islands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain Recolonizes The Virgin Islands by Litmus: 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/29/british-virgin-islands-direct-rule-andrew-fahie-drug-arrest

UK to impose direct rule over British Virgin Islands after inquiry finds rampant corruption

In a further twist the islands’ premier has been arrested in Miami sting operation on suspicion of drug trafficking

Britain is poised to impose a form of direct rule over the British Virgin Islands after the Caribbean territory’s premier was arrested in Miami on suspicion for drug running, and a UK-appointed commission of inquiry found rampant failings in governance.

Andrew Fahie was due to appear in court in Miami on Friday, a day after he was arrested by the US Drug Enforcement Agency in an elaborate sting operation that also snared the chief executive of the BVI port authority and her son.

Hours before his court appearance, the commission of inquiry – launched in 2021 – reported on widespread abuses, including millions of dollars of government funds that were spent each year by politicians and ministries without proper process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain Recolonizes The Virgin Islands by Cheq40: 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
HMMM... if u know u know

1 Like

Re: Britain Recolonizes The Virgin Islands by Ofunaofu: 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
Britain should please come and re colonize Nigeria because the people they handed over to have ruin this country

3 Likes

Re: Britain Recolonizes The Virgin Islands by leofab(f): 5:15am On Apr 30, 2022
Power is power
Re: Britain Recolonizes The Virgin Islands by Ezekielibeh: 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2022
Please how can i travel to the Virgin Islands without a transit visa from Nigeria. I got there visa�
Re: Britain Recolonizes The Virgin Islands by Ezekielibeh: 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
How can i travel to British Virgin Islands from Nigeria without a transit visa
Re: Britain Recolonizes The Virgin Islands by panafrican(m): 3:52am On Jul 21, 2022
Big shame.
France can now use that excuse to re- colonize all its former colonies in Africa.
The UK can take over Tanzania, Kenya, Nigeria etc

(1) (Reply)

Russian May Need A Decade To Recover - CEO Of Russia's Biggest Bank. / Russia Destroys Five Ukrainian Army Command / Zambians Shouldn’t Thank Me For Doing My Job - President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.