Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President (15062 Views)

I'll Make Tinubu Envoy, Obi Trade Minister If I Become President - Prof Imumolen / Plan To Dump PDP: Deji Adeyanju Exposes Fayose, To Expose Others(Video) / Permission Taken From Police To Take Fayose To Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by NwaNimo1(m): 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ahead of the 2023 presidential election, a presidential aspirant and former Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose, has said he will appoint a minister for Stomach Infrastructure if he becomes Nigeria’s president. grin

Fayose stated this while speaking with newsmen, shortly after his appearance before the Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Screening Committee in Abuja, on Friday.

The former governor said that when the committee asked him about his stomach infrastructure policy while he was governor of Ekiti State, he made it very clear that it would be part of his policies if he emerged president.

“I made it clear that I will have a minister for stomach infrastructure and welfare of the people,” he stated.

He, however, added that as much as tarring roads and providing other infrastructure was good, that would not be sufficient for hungry citizens.

“So, for me stomach infrastructure is part of being supportive of the ordinary Nigerian. Stomach infrastructure under my watch as president of Nigeria, will be a major theme.

“No one is saying here that you will not do the needful in terms of developing the country, part of development is the welfare and well-being of the people.”

Stating his position on zoning, Fayose insisted that for posterity’s sake, PDP must zone its presidential ticket in order not to cause confusion in the future.

According to him, even if the party wants everyone to contest, it should officially make a pronouncement and zone it to the Southern part of Nigeria.

He recalled that in 1999, the presidential ticket was zoned to the south when former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Olu Falaye were in the race, but Abubakar Rimi still contested within the ambit of the Constitution.

“But the party must remember that whatever we do today, will speak for us or stand against us tomorrow.

“The system is not functioning in our country; the institutions are not functioning, that is why we have all these problems.

“We must be courageous enough to say this is going to South, and If you want to contest, the Nigerian constitution still gives you the leverage, the opportunity to do so. I support zoning this time to southern Nigeria.”

Fayose said that with the incumbent president from the north, it was only logical for the south to produce the next president, saying this was not about the party, but about Nigeria’s best interest and stability. (NAN)

https://punchng.com/2023-presidency-why-ill-appoint-stomach-infrastructure-minister-fayose/

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by Cpossibility(m): 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by Cheq40: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2022
NO B EVERYTIN MAN GO CHUK MOUTH PUT O.. if u know u know

12 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by NwaNimo1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2022
See campaign promise....

[img]https:///media/3-30-2022/dNzg2X.gif[/img]

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by Abigirlsuen: 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nice updates
Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by SILVERLINES: 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
wink

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by SeeItSayIt: 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
Okute. Yes oooo because there's hunger in the land.

Meanwhile, pls settled for ministerial position.

Though I'm still waiting for the rumor pedals who says Boooha ari will throw you to the dungeon for corruption purpose, I guessed they're the loser now if only they have shame.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by obembet(f): 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
I like this man I swear

7 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by humberjade: 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
Streetwise Presidential aspirant grin

7 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by tribalistdcriti: 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
[right][/right]a
Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by englishmart(m): 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
Vawulence against immediate hunger

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by IamPatriotic(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ori Fayose o pe

11 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by WhizdomXX(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Mumu, mumu, make dem call you mumu. I too love FAYOSE abeg. Him and Wike nah cruise.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by illuminutty: 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Fayose should know that Nigeria is not Ekiti state where he used stomach infrastructure approach to hold his people in captivity for 8 years. He neglected key infrastructures, job creation and human capital development.

9 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by sogodihno: 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Jokers grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by Transcriber: 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Bloody crooks

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by everythinggirly(f): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2022
Lol.
Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by LavishINC: 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2022
No be your fault

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by SEGLIZ: 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
the more reason we won't vote you.

clueless and visionless leader. so dumb a fellow how on earth would this kind person lead over 200 million people and expect advancement?

5 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by Proudlyomonna: 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
This Country na cruise asweargad ��

4 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by aribisala0(m): 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
That will be Rochas
Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by Quiny32323: 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
This mad man again sad

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by starbuck(f): 8:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
Is he throwing shades at FFK.

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by Cantonese: 8:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
Na wah.

I think that would amount to waste of resources and duplicating the ministries. We have a ministry of humanitarian whatever. We have the social intervention program, etc. All of them have their budgets and programs. Stomach infrastructure should be captured there.

However what Nigeria needs mostly is security. Nigerians have to be able to access their farms easily. Government has to invest more in agriculture. Government has to provide access to farms, so that farm produce easily reach the consumers.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by MissionaryArchi(m): 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2022
My Fayose you just disqualified yourself. Same way APC used school feeding program to win hungry Nigerians vote and started feeding them watery beans and tasteless okra soup

3 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by Femijohn198: 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2022
If PDP can give the ticket to fayose I will vote for him, is action speak loader
Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
Fayose should save his money. He can't have PDP ticket

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by dododawa1: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
What of minister of AGBERO (tout).
Re: Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President by TotoGame(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2022
Stomach infrastructure will only be popular in yoruba land cus there's much Poverty and hunger down there!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. / Lagos To Demolish Makoko Floating School / Man Who Falsely Accused Michael Enyong Of Impregnating Lady Arrested In AkwaIbom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.