Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,655 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Classic Cheesecake Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Classic Cheesecake Recipe (463 Views)

How I Prepared Classic Italian Lasagna, One Of My Favorites Food / The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Classic Cheesecake Recipe by Berylharry: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Cheesecakes are usually meant to be soft, light, delicious, and creamy, and the cheesecake written in this recipe has these qualities because that’s what we want. It’s very easy to make, and aside from using it as your dessert, you can also use it to make the cake pops which is another delicious dessert.

Ingredients used to make the crust:
1¼ cup Graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons Dark brown sugar
1/3 cup Melted unsalted butter

Ingredients used to make the cheesecake:
2 cups Cream cheese (softened)
1/3 cup + 2/3 cup Sour cream
1 cup Granulated sugar
3 Eggs
2 teaspoons Lemon juice
1 tablespoon Lemon zest
1 teaspoon + 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract

Procedure:
Preheat the oven to 350°F, In a medium bowl, combine and mix the graham crumbs, dark brown sugar, and the melted butter

Get a 9 inch springform pan, pour the crumbs inside the pan and press it down to create a smooth surface (make sure the crumbs moves up a bit so the sides can have it)

Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes

Remove from heat and leave to cool while you prepare the cheesecake

Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese for 6 minutes, scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl, add the sugar and beat for 5 minutes

Add the eggs one at a time and beat on low speed until well combined

Add the sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract

Using low speed, beat until well combined, and preheat the oven to 325°F

Grease the upper side of the springform pan that does not have the crust and pour the cheesecake inside the pan (on top the crust)

Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes

Switch off the oven and leave the cake inside for 25 minutes while you prepare the sour cream filling

Whisk 2/3 cup of sour cream and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract until well combined

Pour the filling on top the cake and leave it at room temperature at least for 6 minutes so it can set

Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and put in the refrigerator for 7 hours before you serve.

For other cake recipes:

https://thegoldberyl.com/chocolate-cake-recipe/

https://thegoldberyl.com/chocolate-swiss-roll-cake/

Re: Classic Cheesecake Recipe by rolinox(m): 5:06pm On May 23, 2023
OMG! I never thought it was so challenging to make a cheesecake. I see this desert in every pastry store and never thought it takes so much effort.
Re: Classic Cheesecake Recipe by Eristanjoro: 5:28pm On May 23, 2023
Thanks for sharing this amazing classic cheesecake recipe. It's got all the qualities I love in a cheesecake – soft, light, delicious, and oh-so-creamy! I can practically taste it already. I'm a huge fan of cheesecakes and enjoy experimenting with different flavors and variations. By the way, while browsing online, I stumbled upon this awesome website https://www.cheesecake.cz. They've got a fantastic collection of cheesecake recipes that will make your mouth water. I highly recommend checking it out if you're a fellow cheesecake enthusiast. You'll find everything from traditional classics to unique and creative twists.

(1) (Reply)

I Want Some Of These Vanilla Hershey's / One Meal You Must Taste In Your Lifetime ��� / How Much Do You Spend On Breakfast Or Lunch That Can Satisfy You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.