Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,422 members, 7,861,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:08 AM

Mikel Blocking Me From Eagles! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Blocking Me From Eagles! (790 Views)

Enyeama Renders Apology For Retiring From Eagles / Emem Uduok Sent Home From Eagles Camp / Revealed: Why IK Uche Was Dropped From Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Blocking Me From Eagles! by henry101(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2011
Enugu Rangers goalkeeper Ebere Obi has said he is out of the Super Eagles because younger brother Mikel is already a key member of the team.

The first choice Rangers shot stopper told MTNFootbal.com that the influential presence of younger brother in the Super Eagles could well account for why he has been overlooked by national team selectors.

“Honestly, I am not disappointed not getting a call-up to the Super Eagles despite doing very well at Rangers. Maybe because my brother Mikel is there that might be a reason for being shut out of Eagles,” Ebere Obi told MTNFootball.com.

“My brother is a big name playing for Chelsea and maybe they (Super Eagles coaches) don’t want to look at the aspect of his older brother coming to join in the national team. I am not disappointed at all.

“I know I have the experience as a result of playing in the Nigerian elite league and for a great club like Rangers for a long time now.

“I also sincerely believe that I can hold my own in the Eagles. The adage says that you can’t cover pregnancy, so I believe that by the special grace of God one day I will be called upon.”

Ebere Obi also told MTNFootball.com that Mikel will stay put at Chelsea despite growing speculations to the contrary.

“I spoke with him this week about the speculations going on as regards his stay at Chelsea. He told he is still staying put in Chelsea and that he is not going anywhere. So, I don’t know where these speculations are coming from,” he revealed.

“If my brother will leave Chelsea today I will know and I am telling you now that Mikel is not going anywhere. The new coach has listed him on the Chelsea squad for the coming season.”

http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=46638
Re: Mikel Blocking Me From Eagles! by MeGaStReEt: 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2011
who be this

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Underachieve In Sport? / Boxen Live / Afcon Qualifer - Will Coach Stephen Keshi Leave Up To Expectation Of Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.