Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,183 members, 7,957,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers (1359 Views)

Bank Customers Boycott Banks On #nobankingday (photos) / N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by RufusAA: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2007
Bank ATM's Converted to Steal IDs of Bank Customers

A team of organized criminals are installing equipment on legitimate bank ATM's in at least 2 regions to steal both the ATM card number and the PIN. The team sits nearby in a car receiving the information transmitted wirelessly over weekends and evenings from equipment they install on the front of the ATM (see photos). If you see an attachment like this, do not use the ATM and report it immediately to the bank using the phone on the front of the ATM.

The equipment used to capture your ATM card number and PIN is cleverly disguised to look like normal ATM equipment. A "skimmer" is mounted to the front of the normal ATM card slot that reads the ATM card number and transmits it to the criminals sitting in a nearby car.

At the same time, a wireless camera is disguised to look like a leaflet holder and is mounted in a position to view ATM PIN entries.

The thieves copy the cards and use the PIN numbers to withdraw thousands from many accounts in a very short time directly from the bank ATM.

Equipment being installed on front of existing bank card slot.

The equipment as it appears installed over the normal ATM bank slot.

The PIN reading camera being installed on the ATM is housed in an innocent looking leaflet enclosure.

The camera shown installed and ready to capture PIN's by looking down on the keypad as you enter your PIN
Tell more people>>>>>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER NOTICE

Information contained in this email is intended for the use of the addressee only, and is confidential. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communicator without the prior permession of the addressee is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication you should destroy it without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents. Please notify the sender immediately of the error.

Any information, statements or options contained in this message (including any attachments) are given by the author. They are not given on behalf of UBA Group unless subsequently confirmed by an individual other than the author who is duly authorized to represent UBA group.

UBA Group does not enter into contractual relations over the internet. The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software virus, which could damage your own computer system. Whilst every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk has been taken, the sender cannot accept liability for any damage, which you sustain as a result of software viruses.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by damkollins(m): 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2007
@ poster
You 4got the pixs?
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by danalyst(m): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2007
this is SERIOUS OOOOO. Naijas are at it AGAIN, haba
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2007
My friend keep quiet!! [/b]That equipment is used only in the united kingdom where atms' are left unattended and are in some very deserted areas. [b]Have you seen any ATM in Nigeria that is left unguarded?!! I saw the documentary on DSTV that you got your information from and it is not fair to sart spreading panic when there is no reason for none.
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by babaife(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2007
og2711:

My friend keep quiet!! [/b]That equipment is used only in the united kingdom where atms' are left unattended and are in some very deserted areas. [b]Have you seen any ATM in Nigeria that is left unguarded?!! I saw the documentary on DSTV that you got your information from and it is not fair to sart spreading panic when there is no reason for none.

the post i guess originated from a fraud alert by UBA group. so why castigate the guy for a patrotic job. abi u be one of them?
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by RufusAA: 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2007
og2711 or what do you call yourself, you want us all to beleive that you are one of them that are spoiling the image of this country in London as your post revealed. You better dont join them or if you are one, nemesis will soon catch up with you. EFCC dey o.
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by Jidemaks(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2007
This is a good post to alert innocent ATM users, shine your eyes! look round before you make transaction at any ATM point.
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by egoldman(m): 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2007
This first actually happened in the united states last year or so , a friend sent me same by email and i saw the pics , the poster would have told us that it happened in the west so we should watch out in case someone had become too wise here to try such , posting it in a way that makes it look like it happened in Nigeria is not really that tasteful u know.
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by Slycks(m): 1:16am On Aug 09, 2007
Na war ooo , naija come again, Pls post picture

Thanks
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by odave: 10:05am On Aug 09, 2007
i am a victim of ATM card i know what you are talking about.
thankz for the good job.keep it up man.
i am yet to get my 13,000 back from zenith bank.
hence i will stop using the card.but is it safe in fast food joints?mr. biggs, tanta, ?
Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by mrofficial(m): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2007
o`dave:

This is IMPORTANT to look out for!

Bank ATM's Converted to Steal IDs of Bank Customers

A team of organized criminals are installing equipment on legitimate bank ATM's in at least 2 regions to steal both the ATM card number and the PIN. The team sits nearby in a car receiving the information transmitted wirelessly over weekends and evenings from equipment they install on the front of the ATM (see photos). If you see an attachment like this, do not use the ATM and report it immediately to the bank using the 800 number or phone on the front of the ATM.

The equipment used to capture your ATM card number and PIN are cleverly disguised to look like normal ATM equipment. A "skimmer" is mounted to the front of the normal ATM card slot that reads the ATM card number and transmits it to the criminals sitting in a nearby car.

At the same time, a wireless camera is disguised to look like a leaflet holder and is mounted in a position to view ATM PIN entries.

The thieves copy the cards and use the PIN numbers to withdraw thousands from many accounts in a very short time directly from the bank ATM.
BE WARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Bank ATMs Converted To Steal IDs Of Bank Customers by knightdew(m): 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2007
I know how it feels like because i have been there so you need not worry, i'm willing to send my ebook on avoiding Nigerian scams which includes ATM scams for free, when i say FREE i mean it, If you need it just send me an email to iustusinmaria@yahoo.co.uk depicting your interest, In addition you can also call me on 08035735381 if you want.

(1) (Reply)

Fraudsters In Abuja Beware / Fitted Kitchen Cabinets, Sanitary Wares, Tiles, Marbles And Doors / Is Pectstocks.com Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.