Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Amputee Sets Unofficial World Record With 102 Marathons In 102 Days - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amputee Sets Unofficial World Record With 102 Marathons In 102 Days (108 Views)

Amputee Sets Unofficial World Record With 102 Marathons In 102 Days By Adeze Oju / Cristiano Ronaldo's Twins Post Breaks Instagram Record With 30 Million Likes / Seedorf: Cristiano Ronaldo Could Equal My Champions League Record With Juventus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amputee Sets Unofficial World Record With 102 Marathons In 102 Days by chyk1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2022
Amputee athlete, Jacky Hunt-Broersma, yesterday, set a new unofficial world women’s record of running 102 marathons.

The 46-year old Boston marathon finisher is now a world record-holder, for running 102 marathons in 102 straight days.

The highly-elated athlete said she had achieved her dream and promised to run two more marathons, to reach the 104 mark.

CBS described it as ‘the most consecutive marathons run by any woman ever. The Boston Marathon was number 92.’

‘Hunt-Broersma lost her leg to a rare form of cancer in 2001 and runs on a prosthetic. She runs to prove anything is possible if you set your mind to it.’

“I was told you can’t run because you’re an amputee, don’t even bother because you need prosthetics and it’s complicated and things like that. And when someone tells you that, because you suddenly can’t do it, you want to do it. That’s how my journey started,” she told WBZ-TV’s David Wade.

https://devcomradar.org/amputee-sets-unofficial-world-record-with-102-marathons-in-102-days/

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Sales: Todd Boehly Consortium Consents To Arrangement To Take Over / Rttrhytrhtyujyuy / Juventus Vs Inter Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.