Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Car Stolen From Canada Tracked To Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Car Stolen From Canada Tracked To Nigeria (428 Views)

My Brother Was Kidnapped And Killed, His Car Stolen - Man / Taxify Driver Killed And His Car Stolen In Lagos (graphic Photo) / Punch's Adetayo Olalekan Car Stolen Outside First Bank Premises In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Stolen From Canada Tracked To Nigeria by Randy100: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2022
A 2017 Toyota Highlander stolen from Ontario street, Canada has been tracked to Nigeria.

The vehicle belonging to one Ahmad Abdallah was said to have disappeared from his street last September, according to CTV News.

It was gathered that the owner had given up on finding the car after surveillance video of the thieves unlocking his 2017 Toyota Highlander provided no clue.

More than six months later, CTV News Investigates said it was able to find his vehicle—sitting in a lot in a suburb of Lagos, Nigeria.

After seeing the video of his own car for sale overseas, Abdallah realised how truly organised the criminals who stole his car might actually be. “I got a call from you. You sent me a picture of my car. Oh it blew my mind,” he said in an interview. “This is clearly a big operation. There should be more people looking into it…we’re talking millions of dollars. This has to be taken seriously,” he said.

Abdallah’s experience is a small window into a huge surge in car thefts striking cities across Canada, with an apparent epicentre in the Greater Toronto Area.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/car-stolen-from-canada-tracked-to-nigeria/%3famp

1 Like

Re: Car Stolen From Canada Tracked To Nigeria by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2022
yeye man sold his car to criminals (as a stolen vehicle), then reported the car stolen to his insurance and got the insurance money too.... now he come on TV pretending he doesnt know what time it is!
Re: Car Stolen From Canada Tracked To Nigeria by WoundedLamb: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
There was this documentary aired on CTV on Wednesday about how cars have been missing in Toronto recently. I was watching the documentary with friends; two from Jamaica, one from Guyana, one from the US and two originally Canadians. We were all amazed by how efficient the thieves were. It was both sad and interesting but also became particularly embarrassing for me when it got the part where these cars were eventually found. Yes, your guess is right, many of them were found in Nigeria. CTV even sent a crew to interview car dealers in Lagos. The car dealers were speaking pidgin and the American dude asked me to translate it for them. Of course, he knew I couldn't but probably just wanted to remind others that these one is originally Nigerian. Well, he was never my best friend and others, being quintessential Canadians, were smart enough to ignore him. Imagine the ignominy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Home Robbery Caught On Camera / Nigeria Human Traffickers In Libya Exposed. / Eight Soldiers Killed In Togo ‘terrorist Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.