Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo (28989 Views)

New Minimum Wage To Take Effect From May 1, 2024 – FG / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by shortIGBOman: 6:42pm On May 01, 2022
okosodo:
Obaseki my man, keep peppering them

Your man? Show me your friend and I'll tell you who you are.

Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by pegix(m): 6:49pm On May 01, 2022
Slawormir will salivate on this post

Edo ke

Obaseki the real niggar

If NYsc no post me go edo when i wan serve
We go get issues
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by gift2xl: 6:58pm On May 01, 2022
afesco:
. In Edo State, the increment from 18k minimum wage to 30k minimum wage was not fully implemented as the difference in most levels isn't up to 6k naira and some levels are even 3k increment because d only level dt was fully implemented was level 1 to level 3 knowing fully well dt there is no level 1 and level 2 in d system and level 3 are very few.
Level 8 salary is 51k in Edo State Ministries ( Edo State Civil Service) except those in Health Sector, Judiciary, EIRS etc that are higher.
Level 13 Salary is not up to 100k even with d 30 thousand minimum wage. Nigeria politicians are insensitive and they are all the same. Oshiomhole did same when he decided to pay 18k minimum wage from d 7500k minimum dt was previously paid. I know some dingbats and gullible persons will launch into some tirades of abuse against me because most Nigerians really don't have facts.

Ok.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Way4orward: 7:00pm On May 01, 2022
Audio.
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Khaysee: 7:02pm On May 01, 2022
Increase all levels salary too
Nice one sir

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Taigaban: 7:08pm On May 01, 2022
Nemere2020:

https://twitter.com/tvcnewsng/status/1520746538250776576?t=riZqgnJX1mttR5KsqbEBwA&s=19
Stop piling up debt for whoever will take over from you. Where is he sourcing money to pay. Doing a good thing the wrong way and at a wrong time.
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by zico10(m): 7:11pm On May 01, 2022
Hope its basic and not average
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by GreatMovement: 7:14pm On May 01, 2022
Dshocker:
Because election is around the corner,and how does he intend to pay,when they are struggling to pay the 36k minimum wage.

Na you papa dey still struggle to pay your mama bribe price and your school fees.

This governor doesnt owe salaries. 25th of every month,ALAT done enter.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by anonimi: 7:18pm On May 01, 2022
afesco:
. In Edo State, the increment from 18k minimum wage to 30k minimum wage was not fully implemented as the difference in most levels isn't up to 6k naira and some levels are even 3k increment because d only level dt was fully implemented was level 1 to level 3 knowing fully well dt there is no level 1 and level 2 in d system and level 3 are very few.
Level 8 salary is 51k in Edo State Ministries ( Edo State Civil Service) except those in Health Sector, Judiciary, EIRS etc that are higher.
Level 13 Salary is not up to 100k even with d 30 thousand minimum wage. Nigeria politicians are insensitive and they are all the same. Oshiomhole did same when he decided to pay 18k minimum wage from d 7500k minimum dt was previously paid. I know some dingbats and gullible persons will launch into some tirades of abuse against me because most Nigerians really don't have facts.

This is quite sad from Oshiomole, who was a loudmouth NLC labour leader, carrying comrade for head like person wey dey hawk gala and pure water at Ojota go-slow.
Maybe he was just a pretentious come & raid a-looter barawo

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by anonimi: 7:22pm On May 01, 2022
Taigaban:
Stop piling up debt for whoever will take over from you. Where is he sourcing money to pay. Doing a good thing the wrong way and at a wrong time.

Why should he borrow to pay salaries?
Was that how Prof. Ambrose Ali was doing with small revenue back then in the 1980s, and still established a university in Ekpoma while providing free education in primary and secondary schools for every child?
Is it your low expectation of public office holders that problematic? Perhaps you need to see a psychiatrist to cure you of the illness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by anonimi: 7:24pm On May 01, 2022
AmadinFestus:
Obaseki has shown himself to be one of the best governor in terms of salary payment and well-being of civil servant. My wife is a civil servant in Edo state and her salary comes every 24th without delay. GGO is the man for the masses

Nice feedback about his compliance with salary payments.
What about free education? What % of children are in government schools free, compared to the ones in private schools?
How many teachers, doctors etc has he employed since he was made governor by Edo people

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by EDOSBROWN: 7:34pm On May 01, 2022
OSHO BABA DID SAME, HE WAS PAYING 25000, WEN MINIMUM WAGE WAS 18K
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by bablon20(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2022
Hope he's not trying to go to for another term?
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by ogmask: 7:45pm On May 01, 2022
post=112431477:
HOW THE COUNTRY CAN PAY MINIMUM WAGE COMFORTABLY..........

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders.
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics.
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT.
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy
a) Privatise ALL of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.
b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.
c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%
d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigeria economic stabilizes
e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
END OF DISCUSSION!

We are highly honoured that your very first and only comment after 6 months of joining Nairaland is to 'totally endorse' one of our posts.
That means a lot.
A better Nigeria is all we want.
God bless you sir/ma!

Interesting.
We disagree to agree.
Everyone has a right to their political affinity.
Know this and know peace ✌️
Stay blessed.

God bless you too Chief Destiny.
But we aren't bro o.

Wow!!!!
End of discussion...
If I have to add anything it would be that public servants and political appointees must have their kids attend public schools in Nigeria. This will in a way reduce the weight on the dollar and improve our institutions. Teachers will earn their respect and commensurate pay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Pastorsmile: 7:52pm On May 01, 2022
40 thousand naira for a month work?
May God sustain His people
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 8:05pm On May 01, 2022
Chicken Change ooooo

That 40k can't do subscription for Running Of Blogging Business
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Anndrew(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2022
SAKAMAJE
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Germi9: 8:22pm On May 01, 2022
Has he paid pension??
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by blowjohn(m): 8:23pm On May 01, 2022
Since oshiomole left edo state, things have atalen a turn for the worse
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Salubata(m): 8:23pm On May 01, 2022
Has he paid that State University lecturers because They're own several months salary and has been on strike even before the general strike
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by HRMK: 8:27pm On May 01, 2022
election strategy!
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Wazobia2216: 8:28pm On May 01, 2022
AfroAgroPower:

Let's Appreciate and Enjoy The Progress.

That's the first thing to do. It is a positive development.
Na today Suffering and smiling no dey tire you
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Wazobia2216: 8:30pm On May 01, 2022
frog12:
we used to pay N5,000 per month for electric, it is now around N9,000 shocked

You own still better nah

People wey dey pay pass N30k yanfu
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by CioAngels(f): 8:35pm On May 01, 2022
Governor Obaseki, the lover of the Youths. The only Governor who said a Youth will take over from him and i believed him, provided he does not change his mind. I can't wait to see his pronouncement come to fruitions. The people's Governor, what has happened to EIRS awaiting call for employment for seven months now, no response. The Youths Governor, the Youths are praying you don't treat Edo state like Nigeria where they employ only tribal people and not others, even though they are married to your brothers? These are people that passed the interview excenlentlly. Please, I beg of you not to allow Edo Political Jobbers treat Edo like Nigeria that refused to employ those Southern Youths that passed on merit for DPR employment in 2018, only to sell and use their results to employ those who did not see the interview hall. The Youths were at interview place till 12.30 am, yet, they were not employed. I hope the people's Governor will not employ foreigners against wives of Edo indigenes? Waiting anxiously to hear if what we heard is true or not. That employment is not done yet.
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Pat081: 8:42pm On May 01, 2022
4ckyou:
he doesn't pay the current 30k own na 40k him go come for pay?
he has been paying local government nurses half salary for the past 3 years now
they will come for you that is why 2nd term is not good for them, l pray that Osun should learn from the ex-governor
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Bimpe29: 9:19pm On May 01, 2022
Good one from Governor Obaseki!
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by baretalk: 10:11pm On May 01, 2022
Reasonable man.
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Lukson2018: 10:17pm On May 01, 2022
Tyrant increasing minimum wage ...shey u dey fit pay salary ni ..... rubbish
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Megs01: 10:36pm On May 01, 2022
foxxydude:
Edo State government has not paid gratuity for the past 13 years

Abeg shutup
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Alexaonfleek: 10:48pm On May 01, 2022
AmadinFestus:
Obaseki has shown himself to be one of the best governor in terms of salary payment and well-being of civil servant. My wife is a civil servant in Edo state and her salary comes every 24th without delay. GGO is the man for the masses
AAU lecturers do not agree with you.
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by essentialone(m): 10:50pm On May 01, 2022
Presently, I think the minimum wage in Nigeria should be the equivalent of USD100 at black market rate.

Ebubu:
Commendable

But Minimum wage in Nigeria should be 70,000 naira
Re: Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo by Christian36: 11:03pm On May 01, 2022
Yahaya Bello that is under paying his workers should learn from this one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: See The Crowd Of Thousands That Scrambled For Tinubu’s Christmas Gifts / PDP Releases Press Statement On AIT Ban, Says It's Dangerous For Democracy / El-Rufai Visits Scene Of Bomb Explosion In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.