Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Your Candid Advice Is Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your Candid Advice Is Needed (300 Views)

I Just Got A Job And Your Input And Advice Is Highly needed.. / Q I Group Of Companies Your Advice Is Needed / Please Help With Your Candid Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Candid Advice Is Needed by georginho10(m): 4:50pm On May 01, 2022
I am happy because i recently completed the mandatory 1year National Youth Service...
The thing is that i was not opporturned to serve in a city but still grateful to God because it ended well.. During the course of my service year, i managed to save up a little from my monthly allowance as PPA did not pay any tangible stipend.

Here is where i need your advice guys... I intend learning a digital skill (UI/UX design) to be precise.. Should i go ahead and use my savings to get a laptop to aid my learning or should i work as a school teacher for like to a term to add to my savings before getting a laptop??

Please your input are greatly welcome and please let the mods push this to front page for me...

Earl george
Re: Your Candid Advice Is Needed by bestmutiu2019(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Kay005: 5:10pm On May 01, 2022
georginho10:
I am happy because i recently completed the mandatory 1year National Youth Service...
The thing is that i was not opporturned to serve in a city but still grateful to God because it ended well.. During the course of my service year, i managed to save up a little from my monthly allowance as PPA did not pay any tangible stipend.

Here is where i need your advice guys... I intend learning a digital skill (UI/UX design) to be precise.. Should i go ahead and use my savings to get a laptop to aid my learning or should i work as a school teacher for like to a term to add to my savings before getting a laptop??

Please your input are greatly welcome and please let the mods push this to front page for me...

Earl george

Bro, if your savings can afford a lappy pls buy it now and go to programming or graphic section of nairaland to beg someone for coursera complete courses of the skills you want to learn.. please don't waste time on it. And if you have to teach in school to make ends meet while learning skills, draft out a good plan on how to read and practice these skills maybe at night or during the weekend (just be consistent). It might not be easy but it will later make sense.
Re: Your Candid Advice Is Needed by yanabasee(m): 5:23pm On May 01, 2022
Kay005:

Bro, if your savings can afford a lappy pls buy it now and go to programming or graphic section of nairaland to beg someone for coursera complete courses of the skills you want to learn.. please don't waste time on it. And if you have to teach in school to make ends meet while learning skills, draft out a good plan on how to read and practice these skills maybe at night or during the weekend (just be consistent). It might not be easy but it will later make sense.

Op I recommend that you follow this keenly....
Re: Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Techmac00: 6:38pm On May 01, 2022
Buy that laptop fast!!
Re: Your Candid Advice Is Needed by georginho10(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2022
Thank you for all ypur input, it means a lot to me.

(1) (Reply)

Finance & Accounts Coordinator / Male Office Assistant Needed / Be Your Own Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.