Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Sunnahs Of Eid - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sunnahs Of Eid (3854 Views)

Best Way To Congratulate A Muslim On The Day Of Eid / 12 Sunnahs Of Jumuah / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunnahs Of Eid by Teslaraj121(m): 4:51pm On May 01, 2022
Eld brings smile to the face of many Muslim during the last few days of Ramadan. Many of us have already started decorating our houses, ordering our Eld outfits and are waiting for that all-important text messages about the arrival of this special day. However, putting on our best clothes and celebrating are not the only things we should do on Eld day.

Below are some Sunnahs Of Eld

Make du’a on the night of Eid  

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, ‘There are five nights on which du’a is not rejected: the first night of Rajab, the fifteenth night of Sha`ban, Thursday night, the night before Eid al-Fitr and the night before Eid al-Nahr (al-Adha)’. (As-Suyuti)

Make Ghusl before the Eld Solah

As Muslims, cleanliness is a fundamental part of our religion. Ibn ’Abbas narrated, ‘The Messenger of Allah (saw) used to have a bath on the day of Fitr’. [Ibn Majah] We are encouraged to do the same and, in doing so, we make sure that gatherings and family festivities are an enjoyable affair.

Eating before prayer

For Eld ul-Fitr, it is Sunnah to eat some dates before the prayer so as not to extend the fast. Our Prophet (saw) did not set out on the day of Eld until he had eaten an odd number of dates,[3, 5 or 7 dates] and we should follow his example.

Putting on Attar

Just as our Prophet Muhammad (saw) applied Attar (perfume) on Eld occasions, men are also encouraged to do the same, to create a pleasant aura in the masjid. while women should not put perfume on when leaving their homes as the prophet has prohibited it so as not to cause fitnah for other men. But they can wear the perfume at home with their kids and Husband.

Takbeer

When Going to the Praying Ground and When coming. Takbeer ul-Eld should be recited softly, Without Raising Voice and Not In Congregation. �� The Eld Takbeer is:
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. La Ilaaha Illallahu Wallahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar wa Lillahil Hamd’

Congratulating each other

On Eld day, we often congratulate each other with greetings such as ‘Eld Mubarak’, ‘Barka de Sallah’, ‘Aku Odun’. However, a better way to greet each other is to take the example of the Sahabah . It was narrated by Jubayr ibn Nufayr (ra), that the Sahabah (ra) used to greet each other on the day of Eid with: ‘Taqabbal Allaahu Minnaa Wa Minkum’ ,which means ‘May Allah accept (the fast and worship) from us and from you’. (Fathul-Bari)

Routes to Eid Salah

As narrated by Jabir bin Abdullah, ‘On the Day of Eid, the Prophet (saw) used to return after offering the Eid prayer through a way different from that by which he went’. (Bukhari) The reasoning behind this is so that on The Day of Judgement the two paths will testify that you attended this salah. 

Perform Eld Solah

Eld Solah must not be missed, as it is a fundamental part of Eld festivities. As narrated by Abdullah bin Umar, ‘Allah’s Apostle used to offer the prayer of Eid-ul-Adha and Eid-ul-Fitr and then deliver the Khutbah after the prayer’. (Bukhari)

Lastly, we all need to ensure that we have paid our Zakat ul’Fitr before going for Eld prayers. Zakat al-Fitr is compulsory on all members of your household, including children and the elderly, and cannot be made up for if neglected. 

I will like to wish you a wonderful Eld al-Fitr. May Allah (swt) accept all of our fasts and prayers as an Act of Ibadah and bring us all endless joy on this blessed day. 

Taqabbal Allaahu minna wa minkum

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by AntiChristian: 6:15am On May 02, 2022
Taqqaballa Allahu minna wa minkum.

The day of Eid is a joyful Day. The day of eating, drinking while celebrating the praises of Allah.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Tovard(m): 7:39am On May 02, 2022
I celebrate with the Muslim families across the world today as they are celebrate this year Eid day... May you all witness many more of it on the land of the living...

Please, let us be practicing unity and peace in all our doings to humanity. I respect and love you all.

Enjoy your celebration.....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Farid24224(m): 7:40am On May 02, 2022
Masha Allah!!

Thank you OP and Happy Eid Fitr

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Formularcr7: 7:40am On May 02, 2022
Barka de sallah

3 Likes

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by olayinka63: 7:41am On May 02, 2022
Eid Mubarak!!! TAQABBALALLAHU MINNA WA MINKUM

4 Likes

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by BOYS2MEN: 7:44am On May 02, 2022
Mtcheeww.......ndi mgbu
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Bimpe29: 7:52am On May 02, 2022
Taqqaballahu Minna Wa Minkum.

2 Likes

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by olaarie(m): 7:54am On May 02, 2022
I like the Take Beer part�‍♀️�‍♀️

Oh....its Takbeer✌

1 Like

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Salihusaliheen(m): 7:55am On May 02, 2022
BOYS2MEN:
Mtcheeww.......ndi mgbu
it's ur own cup of madness
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Ajeeb: 7:55am On May 02, 2022
BOYS2MEN:
Mtcheeww.......ndi mgbu

These people ehn

May Allah Guide us

1 Like

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Hamziyah(m): 8:04am On May 02, 2022
Taqabala 'llahu minni waminkum.

1 Like

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by kennygreen(m): 8:06am On May 02, 2022
Barka d' sallah to all muslims.
In the spirit of the celebration, i wish to draw your attention to the issue of my KEKE. I need 6k to augment d money i have so i can complete the repair and resume work. Help me pls.

1 Like

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Realists(m): 8:07am On May 02, 2022
Salihusaliheen:
it's ur own cup of madness

May Almighty Allah open our hearts & free it from hatred & fear.
Ameen.

Eid Mubarak

1 Like

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by kennygreen(m): 8:11am On May 02, 2022
Realists:

May Almighty Allah open our hearts & free it from hatred & fear.
Ameen.

Eid Mubarak

Amin!
Though, am not a muslim. But having stayed in Kano state, i love Islam and Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by kennygreen(m): 8:12am On May 02, 2022
Farid24224:
Masha Allah!!
Thank you OP and Happy Eid Fitr
Barka de sallah
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by monsor007: 8:17am On May 02, 2022
Taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum saalihal a'maalina.Aamiin.
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Antiislaam(m): 8:17am On May 02, 2022
This is the best sunnah according to the author of Quran

Quran 9:5

Muhammad Ahmed & Samira

So if the months the forbidden/sacred ended/passed , so fight/kill the sharers/takers of partners (with Allah) where/when you found them, and take/punish them and restrict/confine them and remain/be concerned and prepared/beset for them (in) every lookout/observatory , so if they repented, and kept up the prayers and gave/brought the charity/ purification , so free their way/path , that Allah (is) forgiving, merciful
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by x123xlolls(m): 8:22am On May 02, 2022
BARKA DA SALLAH

GABA DAYAN NAIRALANDERS INA MUKU BARKA DA SHAN RUWA BAYAN AZUMIN RAMADAN

happy eid mubarak to you all NLders.

Wish you more ways of happiness after ramadan .

Don't forget to observe tue SIX fasts of Shawwal

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Premiumwriter: 8:22am On May 02, 2022
"they tell you to do this, do that. Don't eat this, eat that, sophisticated illiteracy"

~ Kanye West.
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by x123xlolls(m): 8:23am On May 02, 2022
kennygreen:

Amin!
Though, am not a muslim. But having stayed in Kano state, i love Islam and Muslims.

Thanks oooo

Million thanks

This is how you supposed to be.

You are not among the children of hate
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by x123xlolls(m): 8:25am On May 02, 2022
Premiumwriter:
"they tell you to do this, do that. Don't eat this, eat that, sophisticated illiteracy"

~ Kanye West.

If islam didn't instruct you to eat that, leave that, A doctor will

~ x123xlolls
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Premiumwriter: 8:28am On May 02, 2022
x123xlolls:

If islam didn't instruct you to eat that, leave that, A doctor will

~ x123xlolls

And that still doesn't stop you from visiting the doctor. I guess you should listen to your doctor more than the Quran and Imans
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by toyoson0(m): 8:30am On May 02, 2022
Is it the same time they pray eid prayer all over the country
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by kennygreen(m): 8:40am On May 02, 2022
x123xlolls:

Thanks oooo

Million thanks

This is how you supposed to be.

You are not among the children of hate

If anyone ever lived in kano state, they wouldn't hate Islam or muslims. Pls check ur email.
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by x123xlolls(m): 10:16am On May 02, 2022
Premiumwriter:

And that still doesn't stop you from visiting the doctor. I guess you should listen to your doctor more than the Quran and Imans

Hi there, we are celebrating today, my keyboard wouldn't argue.

Peace be upon you
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by x123xlolls(m): 10:16am On May 02, 2022
kennygreen:

If anyone ever lived in kano state, they wouldn't hate Islam or muslims. Pls check ur email.

Can't access it now
Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by chillychill(f): 10:37am On May 02, 2022
Op u should be considering d menstruating women in ur post too na.. Let dem no if ghuslu is composory for dem too if dey have to go to d mosque if dey have to do all u mentioned above too.

Well. May Allah make us firm in dis religion till death, taqaballahu minna wa minkum.. Don't forget to add 6 shawwal..

1 Like

Re: Sunnahs Of Eid by Javalord000(m): 11:16am On May 02, 2022
Eid Mubarak to us all may Allah reward our good deeds and forgive our bad deeds, May All grant us many more Ramadan and Eids.
Let us share love and peace throughout this season and beyond
May God reward you

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Break A Spell Or Magic - Jinn / Eid Mubarak / A Brief History Of The Qur’an By David Wood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.