Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

I Need Governor Abiodun’s Help, Amotekun Has Killed My Son , Mother Cries Out - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Need Governor Abiodun’s Help, Amotekun Has Killed My Son , Mother Cries Out (300 Views)

EFCC Arrests Son, Mother, Others For Internet Fraud (Pictures) / Fake Soldier Who Has Killed Many In Imota, Lagos, Caught & Paraded This Morning / Deadly Ritualist, Afrend, Who Has Killed 20,000 People Arrested (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Need Governor Abiodun’s Help, Amotekun Has Killed My Son , Mother Cries Out by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 8:24am On May 02, 2022
A 49-year-old woman, Monsurat Alimi has begged Ogun state governor ,Dapo Abiodun to help her unravel the killing of her 25-year-old son, Tunde Olutayo by Amotekun corps in Ogun State .

The mother who could not hold her tears while narrating her ordeal over the death of her son, said her attention was called to the death of her son posted on Facebook by Amotekun Corps .

She was said she was broken completely after she read that her son was labelled a cultist and an armed robber on Facebook .

PLATFORM TIMES gathered that the alleged killing occurred penultimate Saturday, April 23 when the corps reportedly invaded a place in Sokori, Abeokuta and reportedly shot him to death after he tried to escape the arrest .

PLATFORM TIMES recalled that the Amotekun Corps in the state had on Saturday, issued a statement titled “death of notorious Eiye cultist and armed robber” claiming that Olutayo and his gang engaged the corps in a gun duel which led to his death .

The commander of the corps ,David Akinremi in the statement his men received a distress call and on getting to the place, his operatives and hoodlums who had snatched telephone handsets, money among others from the residents engaged in a gun duel.

He said “during this encounter, one Olutayo Tunde a.k.a. Badoo, aged 30 years who is the leader of this group which had previously involved in Cult killings, armed robberies and other sundry crimes in Abeokuta Metro fired at the operatives and in a swift response, he was shot on the arm in an attempt to disarm him.

“The suspect immediately ran into the nearby bush along with his other cohorts dropping a locally made pistol which was recovered by the operatives.

” A painstaking search was conducted in the bush where he escaped into during which he was arrested while others escaped.

“He was immediately taken to Ijaye General Hospital for treatment so as to be able to extract useful information from him in respect of his and other members’ involvement in previous cult, related killings, armed robberies and other related crimes in Abeokuta Metro in recent times but was confirmed dead shortly on arrival at the said hospital.

“His death was sad as his being alive would have avail security agencies veritable information that would have helped in stemming the tides of this menace.”

Speaking on the death of her son who she said was survived by a wife and a child, Alimi faulted the claim by Amotekun, saying, her son was a vulcaniser and neither a cultist nor an armed robber .

Alimi said “help me, help me, I have been cheated. I am about 49 years, Tunde is 25 years, he had a wife and a child and worked as a vulcanizer.

“It was on Saturday when they called me and said he was at the junction of his workshop and that was where they apprehended him.”

On how she received the news of her son’s death , Alimi said her neighbours alerted her after Olutayo was arrested .

She said “they said, he was shot by the Amotekun, the moment he tried to escape from the riverbank.

“When I got to the place where he was shot, all those that were present said he knew nothing about what he was apprehended for .

” I was told that while he was being taking away , he was begging them that he was not a cultist and an armed robber.

” He was arrested at the roadside. He told them he has a sick mother, a wife a child at home that he was taking care of, upon that, they still killed him .

“I was told that they shot him while he tried to escape when he saw that other people arrested have also escaped, that was how he was shot in the arm”

When asked of what she wanted , Olutayo’s mother pleaded with the government to prevail on the corps to release her son’s corpse and investigate the killing of her son .

She said ” Ever since the time we have been going to check on him, they never allowed us to see him until Saturday morning when we saw his death announcement on Facebook with a gun placed on his chest , claiming they found it on him. It is a lie.

“We urge the government to help ask the Amotekun to release to us his dead body . He is not a cultist. they did not inform us that he had been killed , it was on Facebook that we saw it.”

“We want government to find out what led to the killing of my son . Please help me , they want to cheat me . They want to use power to cheat me . They killed my son and seized his corpse.”

https://platformtimes.com.ng/2022/05/01/i-need-governor-abioduns-help-amotekun-has-killed-my-son-mother-cries-out/

Re: I Need Governor Abiodun’s Help, Amotekun Has Killed My Son , Mother Cries Out by Tony4988(m): 8:26am On May 02, 2022
Pathetic
Re: I Need Governor Abiodun’s Help, Amotekun Has Killed My Son , Mother Cries Out by Jashub: 8:27am On May 02, 2022
So what does she expect the governor to do? Bring her son to life ...? Mtchww. undecided
Re: I Need Governor Abiodun’s Help, Amotekun Has Killed My Son , Mother Cries Out by DAwest7: 8:50am On May 02, 2022
Jashub:
So what does she expect the governor to do? Bring her son to life ...? Mtchww. undecided
heart of man
Re: I Need Governor Abiodun’s Help, Amotekun Has Killed My Son , Mother Cries Out by Mynd44: 10:51am On May 02, 2022

(1)

Police Officer Shot Dead, Another Injured As Violence Rocks PDP Primary..... / Just For Fun: Name One Crime/funny Event Peculiar To A Particular State. / New Shooting US Medical Clinic, 5 Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.