Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,228 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? (12627 Views)

Career In Healthcare Sector / Chartered Institute Of Treasury Management In Nigeria / Human Resource Management In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by nio68(m): 4:22am On Aug 08, 2011
I bumped into this thread while researching into healthcare consulting opportunities. Quite an interesting topic. Regarding the proposed meeting in UK , I am quite interested. I am a medic with masters in health management, planning and policy. I have got bias in health care financing and health systems analysis
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by Prov163: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2011
Hi All,

Well this thread is really refreshing, however I wonder if we can come together/work together and actually action something.

I'm another UK medic very interested in streamlining & improving health care in Nigeria. Thinking of doing an MBA also in order to fill the huge void when it comes to the business/management side of things.

Also, would like to encourage all you UK medics and allied health professionals to check out MANSAG [Medical Association for Nigerians Across GB] http://www.mansag.org and contribute your ideas or just network, let's do something for our country. Their next annual Conference is in Manchester, Oct 21-23rd.

What about this meeting in September, is it going to happen?
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by Flawlessdiva1(f): 11:00am On Sep 20, 2011
What about a graduate with ist degree in public health technology wit 2.1 from futo. What are the career opportunities/path awaiting him and is it po$sible 2get in to oil and gas through the healthcare services.
One more thing,my friend here is confused as ever,what field can he follow up in his masters, thanks
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by Flawlessdiva1(f): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2011
What about a graduate with ist degree in public health technology wit 2.1 from futo. What are the career opportunities/path awaiting  him and is it po$sible 2get in to oil and gas through the healthcare services.
One more thing,my friend here is confused as ever,what field can he follow up in his masters, thanks
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by BMM1031: 5:03am On Oct 28, 2011
I guess I share a lot in common with most of you folks,

I am also interested in Management Consulting or Business Strategy in Healthcare/Pharmaceuticals or Non-profit Organization.

Guys how is this field currently in Nigeria? I mean the prospect I am based in USA, and hoping to come back to work in these fields.
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by MRNEL(m): 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2012
Hi, the discussion above is really interesting. I am currently managing a training firm that does just what you've all been describing. We may not be able to employ folks on a full time basis but you can come along as a facilitator in one of our training.

So I would appreciate if you could send resumes to onelconsults@yahoo.com, mail@onelconsults.com

Thanks

Mr. Nelson
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by nino213(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2012
hi, my name is cheta obi. i am an business development consultant with multishield h.m.o. a h.m.o is not like an insurance health plan in the sense that you would not make expenses on your health and make a claim on these expenses but the h.m.o would take care of your medical expenses all year round for just N16,700 only.
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by guchieberry(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2012
Hi forumites, both medics and non medics alike. I bumped into this discussion and I must say its really an interesting topic. I jus graduated frm med schl and settling for a field in public health has always bn my interest. I plan doing my masters in the Uk too, so can anyone pls suggest me a suitable area, I'm also passionate abt healthcare mgt/enterpreneurship so can I realy find a place here. Thnk u, looking forward to ur replies
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by BB123: 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
This is an interesting thread.I am in my final year studying Health services management.BSC, at a uk university and I know there s a window of opportunities in this filed in Nigeria.Like most people have rightly said.However there are not so many jobs in nigeria in this sector,and I will advise whoever is looking at working for others in this sector to stay back and consider Uk,canada or America.America is the juiciest place because health care is not free. In Uk, after a year s work experience(Not Mandatory)you can either start a care home or an Agency(Franchise advisable for starters).It is an area that is not affected by reccession at all.Average of !8billions pound a year is spent on the Care industry in Uk.Howver in Nigeria,you are better off considering procurements(Hospital equipments supplies) or management consultancy.Practice management can be offered to state Govt or local Govt.Lagos state general hospital Ikeja for instance was given to a group of Health services managers with a juicy multi billion naira contract,and the place has been transformed hugely.I think Akwa Ibom too embrace Healthcare consultants.Do your research,ypur business plan,focus on areas such as Service Evaluations,gettion the Voice of the Consumers(VOC)Patient safety,building and upgrades of healthservices and wards,construction of health centers,training and development.Even those rendering basic Health and safety trainings to govt parastatals are raking easy millions.DO NOT BE AFRAID of taking risks,and with good knowledge and qualifications, all you need is a small corporate office,and good web pressence.You may also consider adding management information systems to your services.
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Deleted
Re: Any Opportunities In Healthcare Consulting/management In Nigeria? by gechyy2(f): 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
Pls where can I do short courses on healtjcare management in nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Life Of The Secretary Securing Her Future On ₦70k/month / Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike / FG Promotes 2,932 Senior Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.