Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. (293 Views)

Tinubu: New Minimum Wage Will Be Fair, Implementable / This Election Won't Be Free & Fair If INEC Doesn't Produce New Ballot Papers-US / 'I Will Continue To Be Fair, Equitable In Federal Appointments' - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by VladimirPutiin(m): 4:19pm On May 02, 2022
Now this is just my own opinion and I am from the Niger Delta.

Since Nigeria got independence some 61 years ago, an Igbo man has only gotten the chance to lead this country twice. First it was Nnamdi Azikiwe who was the Ceremonial Head of state, while Tafawa Balewa was the Prime Minister ( which is the Head of government and he wielded the real power then). Then after the 1966 coup Aguyi Ironsi was Military Head of state for 6 months and since that time no Igbo man has gotten another chance to lead the affairs of this country.

A Yoruba man Olusegun Obasanjo has been A military head of state for two years and also became democratically elected President for 8 years. Now under this Administration a Yoruba man has been Vice President to a Northerner for 7 years and next year will make it 8. A south south man Goodluck Jonathan was President for 6 years and the Northerners have had enough share to be in the sit of power during the military era, the second republic and now this present fourth republic as they have produced Presidents twice since 1999. Buhari and Yar’Adua.

Now with all this being said above, isn’t it common sense that an Igbo man should be allowed to rule come 2023. Why are some other southern politicians especially those from the west playing spoilers here. I can see there is already so much hate towards the south east and the Igbo presidency agenda. All the southern regions should have come together and support an Igbo man for 2023 Presidency, instead of falling for the divide and rule tactics. 2023 is just one year away and it will be great injustice if an Igbo man doesn’t get to be President. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by Jashub: 4:29pm On May 02, 2022
Bros, Nigerians are well aware of what you are saying ,but the fact remains that not all Nigerians want igbo to rule because of an unknown fear. Which is why I am fully in support of this country breaking up

1 Like

Re: It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by Miracle2022: 4:31pm On May 02, 2022
President of Nigeria is not an appointment, this is democracy, let the people decide who to rule them. Tell your igbo men go and campaign and also encourage the igbos to come out and vote for their choiced candidate.

4 Likes

Re: It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by helinues: 4:33pm On May 02, 2022
Oya Igbo's come and take the presidency.....

No need of wasting money for 2023 election again

undecided

1 Like

Re: It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by LeoDeKing: 4:34pm On May 02, 2022
Presidents are not appointed, they are elected, and I hope you know what that means.

If the electorates decide not to vote igbo, that is their choice. Imposing igbo on the electorates against their wish is what is not fair.

9 Likes

Re: It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by naija4life247: 4:39pm On May 02, 2022
Yes. But Presidency is not given a gift. You fight for it and get it
Re: It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2022
Ibo don't want plesident of the Zoo
Re: It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by AlafinofEnugu(m): 7:04am On May 03, 2022
grin
Re: It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by TheSourcerer: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Hi random text to remind you to smile , it always gets better smiley
Re: It Won’t Be Fair If An Igbo Man Don’t Become President In 2023. by aariwa(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
I don’t believe in this bull because it can never never move Nigeria forward or are you telling me you would support okezie Ikpeazu or umahi for president because they are igbos? . Osibanjo was my first choice but his party disappointed him because he didn’t have money to support delegates. Today I will support Peter as a better alternative what APC and PDP are offering today

(1) (Reply)

Bus Full Of NYSC Members Catches Fire In Warri / Is It Possible To Buy Nairaland? / UK Finally Designates IPOB As Terrorist Group, Bars Members From Asylum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.