Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times (17049 Views)

Bala Mohammed Wins Bauchi Governorship Election / APC Rejects Inec’s Decision On Bauchi Governorship Election / INEC Declares Bauchi Governorship Election Inconclusive - TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by politicoNG: 5:42pm On May 02, 2022
While he is publicly seeking the Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential ticket, the governor of Bauchi State, Bala Mohammed, secretly obtained the nomination form and has been cleared to contest in his state’s governorship primary, PREMIUM TIMES can exclusively report.

Mr Mohammed will serve out his first term as governor of the state in 2023. He is eligible for reelection.

There have been speculations over who will emerge as his successor in 2023 after he declared his intention to run for Nigeria’s presidency.

One of such speculations suggested that the Secretary to the Government of the state, Ibrahim Kashim, entered a pact to act as placeholder for the governor.

According to the claim, Mr Kashim secretly resigned and obtained the governorship nomination form of the party and would proceed to compete in the primary.

If he wins, and Mr Mohammed is not successful in his bid to be the party’s presidential candidate, he will step down and be replaced by Mr Mohammed, those peddling the claim said.

But party insiders with knowledge of the goings-on in the state’s PDP secretariat have dismissed this speculation as untrue.

They told this newspaper that Mr Mohammed has not only secretly purchased the form for the state’s gubernatorial primary but has been screened and cleared to compete during the primary.

This revelation gives credence to the allegation by another contestant for the party’s presidential ticket, Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers State, that some of his rivals in the contest are not as committed as he is because they have secretly obtained nomination forms for other positions they hoped to fall back on.

Last month, Mr Mohammed and a former senate president, Bukola Saraki, were controversially selected as consensus candidates of the northern region during the party’s primary. Other contestants from the region rejected that decision.

The governor’s spokesperson, Mukhtar Gidado, did not return calls and messages sent to his known mobile telephone number seeking comment for this story.

When reached for comment, the spokesperson for Mr Mohammed’s presidential campaign, Udenta Udenta, described Mr Mohammed’s clearance to run for the Bauchi PDP gubernatorial primary as a rumour and declined to comment.

“I don’t comment on mere rumours. What I know is that he had been screened to contest for the presidency and he has joined a long list of other candidates,” he said.

But our sources said the purchase of the gubernatorial form by Mr Mohammed is beyond rumours and that he would most likely withdraw from the presidential race before long.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/527211-exclusive-presidential-aspirant-bala-mohammed-secretly-buys-bauchi-governorship-form.html

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Malory: 5:43pm On May 02, 2022
Same thing I'll do if I were in his shoe

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by DoggoneDogg: 5:51pm On May 02, 2022
How can it be secret if he is buying it from the same entity selling the Presidential forms?

Na wa for Afonja journalism

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Truthisunique2: 6:01pm On May 02, 2022
Tambuwal and Saraki his Co jesters should go get their senate form

The battle is between wike and atiku

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by nairavsdollars(f): 6:07pm On May 02, 2022
Wehrey dey disguise

9 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by duro4chang(m): 6:08pm On May 02, 2022
Wotowoto!!!

45 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by henry4991(m): 6:51pm On May 02, 2022
He is afraid of WOTO WOTO

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Wawelexy(m): 6:51pm On May 02, 2022
plan B

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by RichDad1(m): 6:52pm On May 02, 2022
According to the PDP, it’s allowed.

5 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by optimistfeel(m): 6:52pm On May 02, 2022
Secret cultist bought Governorship guber form secretly.......... EXPOSED grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by sematec(m): 6:52pm On May 02, 2022
that is make i no put all my eggs for basket
But what kind law permit this rubbish that our politicians are doing. He should be disqualified immediately.
You see he doesn't trust himself and you want Nigerians to trust you with their votes. thunder faya u dia

9 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by RichDad1(m): 6:52pm On May 02, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Tambuwal and Saraki his Co jesters should go get their senate form

The battle is between wike and atiku
What about Obi Pandora ? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 02, 2022
EVERYONE WANTS TO BUY
SO SAD
EVERYONE WANTS TO BE GOVERNOR WHEN HE CANT EVEN RULE A LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by iscom(m): 6:54pm On May 02, 2022
OK
Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Jchi9876: 6:54pm On May 02, 2022
I beg i get school assignment and the question be What is wotowoto?
Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by christejames(m): 6:56pm On May 02, 2022
He knows he can't make it...
Even Saraki and Tambuwal have both gotten senatorial forms, Wike is just rambunctious thinking himself a demigod.

The ticket is between Peter Obi and Atiku...

The next president of Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by ofiko123(m): 6:56pm On May 02, 2022
Wishing him success in his quest to become the governor of Bauchi state..

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Praxis758: 6:57pm On May 02, 2022
When you can’t afford to loose double ways.

He has that as an insurance incase the Abuja primary fails him.

I hear that Dogara is being positioned as Tinubu’s running mate.

3 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Pocketnews: 6:58pm On May 02, 2022
All of them know the game plan
Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by excomarow(m): 6:59pm On May 02, 2022
Malory:
Same thing I'll do if I were in his shoe

That's greediness at the highest order.

Politicians are like monkeys, they can't let go of one branch until they get grip of another...

I hate Naija Politics

2 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Enumerator(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2022
cheesy
Wawelexy:
plan B
Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by babaalagbo11(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2022
Very greedy set of human beings...

3 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Justiceleague1: 7:01pm On May 02, 2022
He 4kn knows power is coming down south to Osinbajo or Obi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Kingpele(m): 7:02pm On May 02, 2022
Hahaha please we all should refrain from attacking the governor, remember he had covid 19 the other time and recovered..after that his covid propaganda, I see in him the likes of FFK, dino, rino mockery etc ...the guy is a comedian with sense ...he will complete his term in office and leave the podium for other thieves that desire to become president of the country

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:03pm On May 02, 2022
RichDad1:
According to the PDP, it’s allowed.
Even in APC..
Rochas Okorocha did it pre-2015 elections..
Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by asobo1: 7:03pm On May 02, 2022
Premium Times cool it seems you no longer have news to cover right. Even a toddler knows that, Senator Bala will definitely buy the governorship ticket. Sic the man is a first term governor
Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by VillagePipu: 7:04pm On May 02, 2022
Hahaha
Re: Bala Mohammed Secretly Buys Bauchi Governorship Form - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 02, 2022
His chances are very slim... its the logical thing to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Service Of Songs For Alex Ekwueme In Enugu (Photos) / PDP Northern Caucus Picks Iyorchia Ayu As Consensus Candidate / Niger Delta Creekmen Kick Against Awarding N4bn A Month Oil Contracts To Tompolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.