Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries (367 Views)

Picture Of Mercy Johnson With Sanwo-Olu At APC Women Rally In Lagos / Lagos AD Governorship Candidate Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu’s Victory In Court / Tinubu Laughing Warmly With Ambode And Sanwo-Olu At APC Convention (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by Islie: 8:07pm On May 02, 2022
Despite the endorsement of the Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu by the highest decision-making organ of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, Governance Advisory Council (GAC), the Akinwunmi Ambode Campaign Organisation (AMCO) has vowed to challenge the incumbent governor at the party’s primaries.

The chairman of AMCO and former commissioner for energy and mineral resources, Wale Oluwo, who made this known yesterday, said plans were afoot to return Ambode as governor in 2023.

He faulted GAC for endorsing Sanwo-Olu, saying its stance was not a true reflection of APC members

But, in a swift reaction, the Lagos State chapter of the APC through its acting publicity secretary Hon. Yesiro Karamo, said, ‘Our attention has been drawn to the distractive interview by a faceless group which calls itself Akinwunmi Ambode Campaign Group led by one Olawale Oluwo.

“For starters, the promoters of the group, if they are truly members of Lagos State All Progressives Congress, ought to know that the activities of clandestine groups have been banned because of their divisive tendencies.

“It is also interesting that it has taken three years after the ouster of the Ambode administration in the state for such a group to spring up and claim relevance.

“However, they could be pardoned because it is in the spirit of the season. It is worthy to recall that the Lagos State APC had earlier made it clear that the endorsement of the Governance Advisory Council (GAC) for another term in office did not foreclose the ambition of any other member.

“As a democratic party, we remain committed to providing a level playing field for all aspirants for various offices and ensure internal democracy,” he said.

Karamo said it is distasteful and unacceptable for a group purportedly committed to the party to take on the role of the opposition within the party.

“While we want to welcome back our members who hitherto left our party to the progressive family, we need to caution them not to unnecessarily heat up the polity with unguided utterances. In their absence, the party successfully conducted congresses at the ward, local, state and national levels to fill party offices.

“The process of reconciliation is also especially in Lagos State making steady progress. Therefore, our returning members will be expected to conduct themselves in a manner acceptable under our party’s constitution, rules and guidelines,” he said.

https://leadership.ng/ambodes-group-vows-to-challenge-sanwo-olu-at-apc-primaries/

Lalasticlala
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by olamidedivotee: 8:07pm On May 02, 2022
Like seriously.

This is Lagos, if you don't settle the Godfather you are going nowhere.

Believe this fact in peace.
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by Parachoko: 8:10pm On May 02, 2022
Ambode won't wanna be disgrace the second time.
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by Beremx(f): 8:11pm On May 02, 2022
Ambode was a tyrant when he was governor even though he performed well. So is he defecting to PDP?
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by qekng40(f): 8:13pm On May 02, 2022
Ambode was a weakling then cool

Has he changed ? cheesy
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by Tinubuadvocate: 8:15pm On May 02, 2022
grin me too totally against sanwolu reelection. If not because of dad busy schedule sanwolu would haven't
been dream of second term.
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by oguntola1(m): 8:17pm On May 02, 2022
Bro ambode , please don't let them deceive you, they want to disgrace you for second time.
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by Kriss216: 8:22pm On May 02, 2022
Beremx:
Ambode was a tyrant when he was governor even though he performed well. So is he defecting to PDP?
It's better and more noble to have a performing tyrant as a Governor than an underperforming tilumbu hypnotized slave as a Governor.

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by Kriss216: 8:22pm On May 02, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
grin me too totally against sanwolu reelection. If not because of dad busy schedule sanwolu would have dream of second term.
cheesy

These hypnotized owomidas no go kee person for here

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by ljoh: 8:27pm On May 02, 2022
He should go and rest.
He didn't do it when he was a sitting governor
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by God1000(m): 8:31pm On May 02, 2022
He should have put up a fight in the last election, but he chickened out instead
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by Tinubuadvocate: 8:33pm On May 02, 2022
What
Kriss216:

cheesy :

These hypnotized owomidas no go kee person for here
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by Unzerious: 8:57pm On May 02, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
grin me too totally against sanwolu reelection. If not because of dad busy schedule sanwolu would haven't
been dream of second term.

You know what, I want to be your Godfather. Prepare to Run for Lagos Guber seat grin
Re: Ambode’s Group Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu At APC Primaries by Tinubuadvocate: 9:14pm On May 02, 2022
My godfather? Who are you your left yash bro. grin i only have one godfather which is Tinubu I pray someday baba remember me so I can be lagos state governor grin
Unzerious:

You know what, I want to be your Godfather. Prepare to Run for Lagos Guber seat grin

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze: No Igbo Politician Should Run As Vice-presidential Candidate In 2023 / 2023: Soludo Lauds Osinbajo On Nation-building During Visit To Anambra / Breaking: Federal High Court Restraints APC And EL-SUDI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.