Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,515 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) (77379 Views)

Businessman Storms His Father's Burial With A Lion In Anambra State (Video) / Indian Keeps Lion At Lagos Residential Building (Photos) / Man Poses With His Pets, A Python And Scorpions In Borno State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by Kobicove(m): 3:01pm On May 03, 2022
This cage is too small for the lion undecided undecided
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by omooba969(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2022
Poor lion. sad
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by favinvest: 3:03pm On May 03, 2022
Easterner and public stunt..

Why not they learn to display things that affect people's lives like the scholarships, hospitals, roads , water supply etc

1 Like

Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by placeofallure(f): 3:06pm On May 03, 2022
Mooh247:

Yeah inferiority complex is pointing out stupidity and endangering people's life

Truly common sense is not common

It's on Nairaland that I finally and fully had the grasp that the majority of our youths are infantile and unreasonable, they're simpletons, absurd in the way they reason.

Pray, what usefulness or relevance is a lion at such gathering? That cage isn't even safety proof!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by VEHINTOLAR: 3:07pm On May 03, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Anything to chestbeat and get attention

In a bid to show off to his village people what if the dangerous beast escapes

PS: I think some emotional people are finding the word ChestBeat offensive as if I called out any tribe or ethnicity

For avoidance of argument and silly rants on my mention

Chestbeating means ; / ˈtʃestˌbiː.t̬ɪŋ/ usually disapproving. forceful or proud behaviour that is intended to show other people that you are powerful, strong, or successful

If after this disclaimer you misquote me to cry or wail then accept every insult I pass at you

@the bolded, exactly what came to my mind ! And thanks for sharing the dictionary meaning and definition of "chest beating" with us here. I think it all has to do with the primitive nature of a typical Igbo man ! He wants to be seen as the most successful, the strongest,the wealthiest,most powerful,etc. In fact,he just wants to dominate everybody around him and beyond ! What a shame !

1 Like

Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 3:09pm On May 03, 2022
poor lion. caged like a dog. undecided
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by placeofallure(f): 3:11pm On May 03, 2022
Sergio104:

Well to actually entertain the mass on a name one truly adopts (at least in a cage) is something a man that finds it hard getting his daily bread must call "chest beating"

Such a man never disappoints cool

This is not an intelligible post. Your structure lacks coherence. I can't even comprehend however hard I try to.

4 Likes

Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by sammirano: 3:18pm On May 03, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Anything to chestbeat and get attention

In a bid to show off to his village people what if the dangerous beast escapes

PS: I think some emotional people are finding the word ChestBeat offensive as if I called out any tribe or ethnicity
For avoidance of argument and silly rants on my mention
Chestbeating means ; / ˈtʃestˌbiː.t̬ɪŋ/ usually disapproving. forceful or proud behaviour that is intended to show other people that you are powerful, strong, or successful
If after this disclaimer you misquote me to cry or wail then accept every insult I pass at you

Cheatbeating is their trademark. grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 03, 2022
Damm always sound like plan, imagine if this animal escape una don finish
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by lexy2014: 3:19pm On May 03, 2022
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1419316/lion-spotted-businessmans-burial-anambra-state-photos-video/

popular businessman, Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh of Ebe village,

Popular in what way?

It's quite a young lion
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by 02Kebreal(m): 3:21pm On May 03, 2022
Igbos are useless burial traditions.

2 Likes

Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by suffering: 3:22pm On May 03, 2022
Allow the animal roam the savannah, abeg. This is unnecessary.
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by efficiencie(m): 3:22pm On May 03, 2022
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1419316/lion-spotted-businessmans-burial-anambra-state-photos-video/

Make one psychopath open that cage...e be like that cute cat dey hungry!
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by LtChisom: 3:23pm On May 03, 2022
This lion is healthier than all the kin in omenkalives and worthless pig mohammadic mooh247's village.

1 Like

Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by sammirano: 3:26pm On May 03, 2022
These people just lack sense as part of their features.
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by matm: 3:28pm On May 03, 2022
pyyxxaro:
The Lion is wondering, who are all these greasy people staring at me

And in d lions mind,all these people are meant only for me to eat! alone without my comrades:Allah Akbar!!!
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by naijaking1: 3:31pm On May 03, 2022
Why cage the lion?
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by MEGAWATCH: 3:33pm On May 03, 2022
Sergio104:
[/b]

Guess the people that always has this on thier lips.

Emotional always on their lips.
But I tell you, you guys are actually the people that are being carried away by "emotion".

No atom of maturity in everyday cycle.

The shade is just to rub it off your body by quickly tagging it to others

SMH undecided

100 percent correct my dear brother,

This statement clearly discribe a true Yoruba man,

Always accusing others what he is guilty of.....and pretending to be a saint.

What a hypocritical life is that?
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by yiagi: 3:35pm On May 03, 2022
Lion of the tribe of ?¿?

Get classic business logo, done from scratch for as low as 5k
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by Ishilove: 3:39pm On May 03, 2022
Poor creature. That cage is too small for him
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by Sergio104(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2022
placeofallure:

This is not an intelligible post. Your structure lacks coherence. I can't even comprehend however hard I try to.

Sorry for that.

But all the brethren mustn't be in the league dear cool
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by Asswipemod: 3:47pm On May 03, 2022
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by ensamy(m): 3:51pm On May 03, 2022
They should allow it roam around sad angry
Re: Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) by LivingTribunal: 3:59pm On May 03, 2022
LutherSanchez:
OP,in igbo land. AGU is TIGER while LION is ODUM. And a lion is always stronger than a tiger,maybe that's why they cage the lion.

In igbo land, Agu is Leopard..
The original ISI-AGU ATTIRE of the igbo is Leopard's Head and not the tiger or lion's head..

Just as jaguars and cougars are found only in the Americas, tigers inhabit only in Eurasia. They do not belong to the fauna (native animals) of sub-Saharan Africa. Ancient Igbos did not see nor know about tigers, so did not have an indigenous name for it.

A lion can occasionally stray into a rainforest or can refuge there if persecuted in its usual habitat. It must have been in such circumstances that Igbos came to know about the lion (ODUM). Yet that was not enough to diminish their fascination for the leopard, a beast with which they had contended for thousands and thousands of years.

A leopard’s solitary lifestyle makes it less detectable, and more perceptive and reactive to intrusion. For this reason, its senses of vision and hearing are sharper than those of a lion. Ancient Igbos witnessed this first-hand. They saw how a leopard, hiding stealthily amongst forest canopies, would detect the slightest animal or human movement, and chase and pounced savagely.

For thousands of years the Maasai people of Kenya have practiced the art of emerging from hiding to scare lions away from their kill and take it home for meet. But a leopard will drag its kill in its mouth and climb a tree. It climbs a tree carrying in its mouth a carcass far heavier than its own size. Animals like bull, giraffe, antelope. In those days, it would attack someone’s goat or sheep and drag it in its mouth deep into the forest and up on a tree.

The lion lacks these amazing abilities. In terms of general efficiency and productivity as jungle hunters, the leopard beats the lion, by many miles! Indeed, scientists have determined that, pound for pound (ie adjusted for differences in size and weight) the leopard is the strongest of all the big cat species.

It was for these reasons that the ancient Igbo revered the leopard as their totemic animal for strength, agility, boldness, and courage. And that is also why Igbo language is littered with similes, metaphors, adages and proverbs that use agụ to illustrate positive energy and abilities. Like “omekagụ”, ''agunna'', “agụnwa”, etc. And it is why many Igbo families and communities proudly took their names and sobriquets after agụ. Like “Umuagụ, Amagụ Dimagụ, Eziagụ, Duruagụ etc.

Today, a lot of urban dwellers looks down on the leopard unlike the ancient Igbos of those jungle days, the English stories about lions and tigers had stolen the people's knowledge and understanding and fascination of the leopard.

Indeed, ancient Igbo cosmology explained the entire universe as being some mystical leopard persona. The weather system and visible changes in the skies were said to be a leopard, the sky leopard. The thick clouds that formed in the sky before rainfall were its shimmering eyes just waking from sleep. The movement of tick clouds was the movement of the leopard in its marauding character. The sparks of lightening that came before a thunder were the leopard’s flashing eyes. The thunder was its voice snarling in anger and ready to pounce. The heavy rains were its urine gushing with a force typical of its strength. And bright day was the sky leopard fully awake, with eyes wide open.

The lion or tiger symbol is not Igbo

This portrayal of the lion as symbolic cultural icon of the Igbos is only recent. It is driven by the influence of modern media and foreign popular culture. We watch a lot of animal documentaries these days and read a lot of books that continue to inform us the lion is the king of the beasts. True! But they don’t tell us about the king of our forests.

Igbo folklore is filled with stories that reference “agụ” as the king of animals. First generation Igbo intellectuals had no misunderstanding that agụ was leopard. And they were acutely aware of its significance in the Igbo culture and worldview.

In Onuora Nzekwu’s classic novel Eze Goes to School (published 1963), the ravaging beast which held the people of Ohia hostage, which Eze’s father killed but later died from the wound it inflicted on him, was a leopard, not a tiger or lion. Anezi Okoro’s 1966 novel ‘The Village School’ featured an intriguing student. Ismael was popular amongst his mates because his father was a reputed hunter who killed a leopard and took the title “The Leopard Killer”.

In 1950 Cyprian Ekwensi published a novel entitled ‘The Leopard's Claw’. Chinua Achebe later published a short story with the title "How the Leopard Got Its Claws". He narrated an Igbo folktale featuring leopard as the king of the animals. Achebe’s other book ‘Anthills of The Savanah’ narrates the incident when the leopard, the king of the forest, was to kill the tortoise and how the tortoise scattered sand and grass. And in of ‘Arrow of God’ he masterfully devised an English translation of a popular Igbo proverb ‘Agụ aghaghị ịmu ihe yiri agụ” as “what the leopard sires cannot be different from the leopard”.

These men did not talk about the lion or tiger.
The leopard is Igbo animal totem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Monitor Lizard I Saw At Oshodi / Diary Of My Rabbit : Ghost / I Paid N1000 To Save A Bird's Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.