Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,589 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos (398 Views)

Russian Troops Are Raping Women In Ukraine - Dmytro Kuleba (Foreign Minister) / Video Of Kyiv Television Tower Bombed By Russian Troops / Apocalyptic RED Rainbow Appears During Thunderstorm In Ukraine (videos And Pictu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by RedScorpion(f): 12:24pm On May 03, 2022
Evidence is growing that Russian soldiers are using rape as a weapon of war in Ukraine. In areas retaken from Russian troops, civilians are giving horrifying accounts of sexual violence.

DW's Rebecca Ritters heard the story of one young woman in Bucha.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/russian-troops-accused-of-weaponizing-rape-in-ukraine/av-61668504

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l7oAxACmlY

When Russian troops invaded Ukraine and began closing in on its capital, Kyiv, Andrii Dereko begged his 22-year-old stepdaughter Karina Yershova to leave the suburb where she lived.

But Yershova insisted she wanted to remain in Bucha, telling him: "Don't talk nonsense, everything will be fine -- there will be no war," he said.

With her tattoos and long brown hair, Yershova stood out in a crowd, her stepfather said, adding that despite living with rheumatoid arthritis, she had a fiercely independent spirit: "She herself decided how to live."

Yershova worked at a sushi restaurant in Bucha, and hoped to earn her university degree in the future, Dereko said: "She wanted to develop herself."

As Russian soldiers surrounded Bucha in early March, Yershova hid in an apartment with two other friends. On one of the last occasions Dereko and his wife, Olena, heard from Yershova, she told them she had left the apartment to get food from a nearby supermarket.

"We did not think that Russians would reach such a point that they would shoot civilians," he said. "We all hoped that at least they would not touch women and children -- but the opposite happened."

When weeks went by without a word from Yershova, the family became desperate for news. Her mother left a message on Facebook begging anyone who knew what had happened to her to get in touch.

She was told by friends that images of a dead woman with similar tattoos to Yershova's -- which included a rose on her forearm -- had been posted on a Telegram group set up by a detective in Bucha who was trying to identify hundreds of bodies found in the town after Russian troops withdrew from the area two weeks ago.

Dereko says the images, seen by CNN, show his stepdaughter's mutilated body. Police told the family she had been killed by Russian soldiers.

It looked like she was tortured or put up a fight, he said. "They mutilated her. They shot her in the leg, and then gave her a tourniquet to stop her bleeding. And then they shot her in the temple."

Dereko also believes Yershova was sexually abused by Russian troops. "The [police] investigator hinted" that she had been raped, he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJ_YmhL62Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90K4l6npTCI

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/04/22/europe/ukraine-sexual-violence-allegations-russia-cmd-intl/index.html

Re: Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 03, 2022
OP it is obvious that you are not a student of history.

Rape has always been "weaponised" by invading armies or armies seeking conquest.

From ancient Greece to Rome to carriage, Saxon wars, the jihads , the crusades, in internecine and intertribal wars across precolonial Africa, in the first world war (great war), second world war, civil wars... in Iraq, Vietnam and the like.

Where there is war, rape is a weapon. (It is part of the spoils of war)

So whether Russian soldiers rape or the Azov battalions rape, or US soldiers rape or the French foreign legion rapes or UN peacekeepers rape or NATO troops rape or the German wermacht rape or child soldiers,boko haram and bandits rape.... it is an abnormality made normal by war.

Women suffer the most during war.

History never lies.

No clean hands.

1 Like

Re: Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by RedScorpion(f): 3:06pm On May 03, 2022
topcatking:

Rape has always been "weaponised" by invading armies or armies seeking conquest.

From ancient Greece to Rome to carriage, Saxon wars, the jihads , the crusades, in internecine and intertribal wars across precolonial Africa, in the first world war (great war), second world war, civil wars... in Iraq, Vietnam and the like.

So whether Russian soldiers rape or the Azov battalions rape, or US soldiers rape or the French foreign legion rapes or UN peacekeepers rape or NATO troops rape or the German wermacht rape or child soldiers,boko haram and bandits rape.... it is an abnormality made normal by war.

History never lies.

No clean hands.

Thank you very much...... My History lecturer.

You must be the Vice Chancellor of Nairaland University of War Crimes Explanation.

You are The Dean of the Department of Normalization of Rape In times of War.

I Salute You sir.

The fact that some idiots have committed rape in times of war and conflicts does not make it right..... You would agree with me.

So we have to speak against it and shine the light on it whenever such evil is being perpetuated....... Regardless of who the offenders may be.

Just imagine if that 10 year old girl raped in Ukraine is your Daughter..... How would you feel. ?

Would you still see it as the spoils of War ?

Yes Rape is an abnormality that is already becoming normal during conflicts but we must continue to speak against it.

No father wants to see his daughter, mother, sister or wife raped..... Hence we must condemn the evil act.

1 Like

Re: Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 03, 2022
RedScorpion:

Thank you very much...... My History lecturer.

You must be the Vice Chancellor of Nairaland University of War Crimes Explanation.

You are The Dean of the Department of Normalization of Rape In times of War.

I Salute You sir.

The fact that some idiots have committed rape in times of war and conflicts does not make it right..... You would agree with me.

So we have to speak against it and shine the light on it whenever such evil is being perpetuated....... Regardless of who the offenders may be.

Just imagine if that 10 year old girl raped in Ukraine is your Daughter..... How would you feel. ?

Would you still see it as the spoils of War ?

Yes Rape is an abnormality that is already becoming normal during conflicts but we must continue to speak against it.

No father wants to see his daughter, mother, sister or wife raped..... Hence we must condemn the evil act.

Now that you've gotten all emotional over my post... "which was objective, stood against rape and yet absolved no side of blame" , I hope you feel better.

Considering how your post would have the world believe that only "Russian soldiers " weaponise rape, I hope you keep this same energy for boko haram, bandits, the ongoing conflict in Ethiopia and Mali etc where woman and the girl child are being raped left and right .

Nobody supports rape, but at least have the decency not to demonize a single party and make others seem saints.

1 Like

Re: Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by omis1(m): 3:20pm On May 03, 2022
topcatking:

History never lies.

No clean hands.
It’s d way u are justifying rape for me ,I guess if a known rapist rape ur family member,it’s justified since she is not his first victim.
Some of u are evil and devilish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 03, 2022
omis1:

It’s d way u are justifying rape for me ,I guess if a known rapist rape [/b]ur family member[b],it’s justified since she is not his first victim.
Some of u are evil and devilish

Apparently when theres a need for discuss. you really can't express yourself without personalizing issues and then hope it devolves into a trade of words and insults.
I wonder how people like you, pass exams.

So rather than debase myself, I'll ignore you. Bye.

PS- If after reading my post, what you deduced was me justifying rape, then.... more's the pity

1 Like

Re: Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by RedScorpion(f): 3:42pm On May 03, 2022
topcatking:

Now that you've gotten all emotional over my post... "which was objective, stood against rape and yet absolved no side of blame" , I hope you feel better.

Considering how your post would have the world believe that only "Russian soldiers " weaponise rape, I hope you keep this same energy for boko haram, bandits, the ongoing conflict in Ethiopia and Mali etc where woman and the girl child are being raped left and right .

Nobody supports rape, but at least have the decency not to demonize a single party and make others seem saints.

I am not demonizing anyone. I am just shining the light on the current global event.

Yes I am Pro-West but I would not fail to speak out the day NATO soldiers rape 10 year old girls anywhere in the world.

Evil is evil no matter our political affiliation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by omis1(m): 4:10pm On May 03, 2022
topcatking:

Apparently when theres a need for discuss. you really can't express yourself without personalizing issues and then hope it devolves into a trade of words and insults.
I wonder how people like you, pass exams.

So rather than debase myself, I'll ignore you. Bye.

PS- If after reading my post, what you deduced was me justifying rape, then.... more's the pity
Well u tried to justify rape

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by johnkay1(m): 4:43pm On May 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Russian Troops Weaponized Rape In Ukraine - Videos by VictorUSA(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2022
See what the Russian soldiers are doing and you expect them to win the war in Ukraine? Ukrainian soldiers will keep pounding the rapesters in Khaki.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

When They Say Russia Is Hitting Schools, Here Is Why / Zonbas Fully Destroyed Says Zelenskyy / US Launches ‘china House’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.