Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term (1306 Views)

Aide Explains Why Oyo Dep. Gov Was Denied Access To Ajimobi’s Fidau / Buhari Endorses Umar Ganduje For 2nd Term In Kano State / Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Akinolore(m): 12:07am On May 04, 2022
Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Olaniyan Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term

Oyo state deputy governor, Engr. Rauf Olaniyan has given a hint that he may not be governor Seyi Makinde's running mate for the 2023 state governorship election.

Olaniyan made this disclosure while addressing journalists at his Ibadan residence on Monday.

According to information flying around by PDP members in the state, it was gathered that the state governor, Seyi Makinde had made up his mind to contest the next election with a new running mate.

The state deputy governor when asked if he will serve as the running mate to the governor for the second term, Olaniyan said that only God will determine his political career in 2023.

“I know that 90 per cent of you people that are here will have the same question and that is why some of you are here.

“But, on that question, you will be disappointed with the answer.

Where are we going in 2023? The answer is very simple, Idina siratalmastakim. (God is our guidance).

" I was not aware when Governor bought nomination form for the next guber election. Anything can happen between now and then, 24 hours is too long in politics. Anything can happen. God will determine my next political office".

“As of today, I am a bonafide member of PDP", Olaniyan stated.

Source: - https://westerndailynews.com/just-in-oyo-dep-gov-olaniyan-accepts-may-not-be-makindes-running-mate-for-2nd-term/

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Jostoman: 1:17am On May 04, 2022
The plan is olaniyan wants to be APC candidate and kola balogun will be his deputy may be that was what BAT came to do when he visited you seyi makinde last time but no shaking because Oyo state are solidly behind you just continue giving your best to Oyo state people.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Praxis758: 2:28am On May 04, 2022
All may not be well within them.

Makinde’s political style is too aggressive, though he looks cool and gentle.

Even Fayose testified to it.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by joyandfaith: 2:36am On May 04, 2022
Jostoman:
The plan is [b]olaniyan wants to be APC candidate and kola balogun [/b]will be his deputy may be that was what BAT came to do when he visited you seyi makinde last time but no shaking because Oyo state are solidly behind you just continue giving your best to Oyo state people.

I never thought of that. BAT doesn't understand that oke-,ogun is not a town. Many Muslms would even kick against Muslim-Muslim ticket in Oyo State.
I think Tinubu is a religious fanatics in disguise.

4 Likes

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by kb83(m): 2:37am On May 04, 2022
Politicians are stone cold liars, Vote them in and the change like chameleon.
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Udoboss(m): 2:43am On May 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

I never thought of that. BAT doesn't understand that oke-,ogun is not a town. Many Muslms would even kick against Muslim-Muslim ticket in Oyo State.
I doubt...He's wife still a Pastor in Reedem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by joyandfaith: 2:49am On May 04, 2022
Udoboss:

I doubt...He's wife still a Pastor in Reedem
Religious fanatic in disguise.

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Searchingvictor: 2:57am On May 04, 2022
Watching closely
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Dreamhighnow(m): 3:02am On May 04, 2022
Lol
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Moferere: 4:10am On May 04, 2022
Seyi Makinde has over-reached himself
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by georjay(m): 6:19am On May 04, 2022
Moferere:
Seyi Makinde has over-reached himself

English lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Maxymilliano(m): 6:29am On May 04, 2022
Since his fate is undecided by the governor, he should pick the Senatorial form as plan B
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by nzeobi(m): 7:02am On May 04, 2022
Both of them started having problems since so that shouldn't surprise anyone, its not today that the deputy governor started threatening to leave
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by seunmsg(m): 7:04am On May 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

I really tried to make sense out of the nonsense you and the person you responded to posted without success.

Let’s get it clear, you mean Tinubu came to Oyo state to turn Makinde’s deputy against him and also to turn the only PDP senator in the state against the governor and he succeeded? Is it Tinubu that is also prepping up Tegbe to take over Kola Balogun’s senate seat? What kind of governor will even allow an outsider to successfully turn him against his deputy and senator?

See, learn to be reasonable and logical in your political analysis. If Oyo state PDP is imploding under the watch of the governor, call him out squarely and blame him for his poor leadership. Makinde is an irresponsible party leader and that’s why most of the political leaders that gave him an helping hand to become the governor have all left him. Ladoja, Balogun, and now his own deputy governor but somehow, Tinubu from Lagos is the problem and not Makinde who is the leader of the party.

If the Deputy governor and Kola Balogun are interested in joining APC, they will be accepted and nothing will happen. They are valuable additions to the party and a big minus for PDP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by seunmsg(m): 7:05am On May 04, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Since his fate is undecided by the governor, he should pick the Senatorial form as plan B

And who told you the governor will give him the senate ticket?

1 Like

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Corporate2020: 7:05am On May 04, 2022
It's about to go down in Oyo
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by joyandfaith: 7:14am On May 04, 2022
seunmsg:

[s]I really tried to make sense out of the nonsense you and the person you responded to posted without success.

Let’s get it clear, you mean Tinubu came to Oyo state to turn Makinde’s deputy against him and also to turn the only PDP senator in the state against the governor and he succeeded? Is it Tinubu that is also prepping up Tegbe to take over Kola Balogun’s senate seat? What kind of governor will even allow an outsider to successfully turn him against his deputy and senator?

See, learn to be reasonable and logical in your political analysis. If Oyo state PDP is imploding under the watch of the governor, call him out squarely and blame him for his poor leadership. Makinde is an irresponsible party leader and that’s why most of the political leaders that gave him an helping hand to become the governor have all left him. Ladoja, Balogun, and now his own deputy governor but somehow, Tinubu from Lagos is the problem and not Makinde who is the leader of the party.

If the Deputy governor and Kola Balogun are interested in joining APC, they will be accepted and nothing will happen. They are valuable additions to the party and a big minus for PDP.[/s]

I was not in any discussion with ardent worshipper of Tinubu like you.

4 Likes

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Corporate2020: 7:20am On May 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

Only someone on drugs will think that Tinubu is a religious bigot like you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Corporate2020: 7:21am On May 04, 2022
Useless heartless politicians. Why bring God into it when we all know you people are evil cultists? No one politician is different from the other
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Invictuse: 7:24am On May 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

Religious fanatic in disguise.

But the Pandora kleptomaniac criminal Peter Obi that divided Catholic n other Christian is no fanatic in disguise ba ? You people n foolishness ehn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by seunmsg(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

I was not in any discussion with ardent worshipper of Tinubu like you.

You brought Tinubu into the discussion even though he had nothing to do with the matter and not me. Next time, learn to post with sense and not just spewing rubbish all over the place.

4 Likes

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by joyandfaith: 7:39am On May 04, 2022
Invictuse:

But the Pandora kleptomaniac criminal Peter Obi that divided Catholic n other Christian is no fanatic in disguise ba ? You people n foolishness ehn.

Who is peter obi? Delusion is thinking everyone doesn't like BAT political style is as an Igbo. A dose of haloperidol can help you.
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by joyandfaith: 7:42am On May 04, 2022
Corporate2020:

Only someone on drugs will think that Tinubu is a religious bigot like you

It is only a deluded person that can be so sure of what a politician is capable of. 20mg haloperidol for you.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by joyandfaith: 7:43am On May 04, 2022
seunmsg:

[s]You brought Tinubu into the discussion even though he had nothing to do with the matter and not me. Next time, learn to post with sense and not just spewing rubbish all over the place[/s].

Tinubu worshipper

3 Likes

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by tamdun: 8:19am On May 04, 2022
joyandfaith:

Tinubu worshipper
The discussion is about Makinde and his deputy but u find a way to bring Tinubu into this and u can't stop typing tinubu, tinubu is really messing u up
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Nobody: 8:24am On May 04, 2022
Performance wise Makinde is doing well in oyo state, I'd vote PDP in oyo but my federal vote goes to any Yoruba man that emerges presidential candidate for APC.

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by joyandfaith: 9:46am On May 04, 2022
tamdun:

The discussion is about Makinde and his deputy but u find a way to bring Tinubu into this and u can't stop typing tinubu, tinubu is really messing u up

I replied to Jostoman comment on BAT. I was not in any discussion with Tinubu worshippers.
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Spandau: 11:31am On May 04, 2022
seunmsg:

You brought Tinubu into the discussion even though he had nothing to do with the matter and not me. Next time, learn to post with sense and not just spewing rubbish all over the place.

Hey! Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg aka MMM, you heard the bro. He said he ain't interested in you and wasn't talking to you. But you just have to attack him like it's going to get you anywhere. Maintain your lane.
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Spandau: 11:32am On May 04, 2022
seunmsg:

And who told you the governor will give him the senate ticket?

Mr Who!
Re: Just In: Oyo Dep. Gov., Accepts May Not Be Makinde’s Running Mate For 2nd Term by Spandau: 11:43am On May 04, 2022
seunmsg:

I really tried to make sense out of the nonsense you and the person you responded to posted without success.

If the Deputy governor and Kola Balogun are interested in joining APC, they will be accepted and nothing will happen. They are valuable additions to the party and a big minus for PDP.

Can you imagine, Kadoso. Two people are having a peaceful conversation, without mentioning you and like a common political thug, just at the mention of Tinubu, you felt the need to render a tirade of unsolicited comments thereby making your nuisance value top notch. Anyways, someone cannot be called MMM for no reason.

(1) (Reply)

You Cannot Sack Emefiele - Mynd44 Tells Buhari / Live: Kano Business Community Holds Dinner In Honour Of Bola Tinubu / 2023:Why Is APC Gov Candidate In Cross River Using Obi's Image To Campaign?(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.