Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit (1988 Views)

Spectacular Sports Match Up Among Studying And Also Nottm Natrual Enviroment / 'HELP'..! The Best Enviroment/state One Can Learn Yoruba Language / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit by tundewoods(m): 4:40am On Aug 08, 2007
I have noticed a very very bad habit among folks here in Nigeria.We seem to derive a certain pleasure or satisfaction using tooth picks outside eating environment like the dinning table.I come across a lot of folks both low lifers and educated /enlighted people that use toothpicks or have them stuck in their mouth and walking about with it long after they have finished their meal at restuarants or cafetarias.

This is really a bad manner that i find hard to comprehend. I once boarded a bus with a lady that had a toothpick in her mouth and was quite blunt with her about my view on using toothpicks,i think i left her embarassed but that wasn't my motive she was grateful for my advice.

Well others may feel otherwise about the issue of toothpicks however i was raised in Kindergarten & Elementary school in US and table manners were certainly one of the first things were taught in the early 80's.And i remember clearly that using toothpicks outside the dinning table or a restaurant is not cultured.
Re: Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit by Ndipe(m): 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2007
And why would you label someone a 'low life'?
Re: Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit by naijacutee(f): 12:47am On Aug 09, 2007
I hope P.Diddy is classified under "low-life" too. cheesy
Re: Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit by Ndipe(m): 2:09am On Aug 09, 2007
Affluence should never be the yardstick to classify someone as "high-browed. It is totally wrong and rude to regard someone as a low-life.
Re: Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit by SMC(f): 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Poster,

If the truth be told, picking your teeth before people (whether at the dining table or otherwise is wrong/bad). If you have something stuck in your teeth, excuse yourself, go to the bathroom and do your[b] tanyin tanyin [/b] business there. Period!
Re: Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit by davidif: 3:23am On Jan 05, 2008
I used to do it because puffy used to do it even though its wrong.
Re: Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit by chychy(f): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2008
SMC:

@ Poster,

If the truth be told, picking your teeth before people (whether at the dining table or otherwise is wrong/bad). If you have something stuck in your teeth, excuse yourself, go to the bathroom and do your[b] tanyin tanyin [/b] business there. Period!

U got it right outta me

Ndipe:

And why would you label someone a 'low life'?

I wouldn't use d word "low-life",
Re: Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit by tosinadeda: 1:06am On Jan 16, 2008
we all know its bad but u know wink wink
Re: Using Toothpicks Outside An Eating Enviroment Is Very Bad Habit by lailai2(m): 1:39am On Jan 16, 2008
i cant explain it though its also an habit of mine

(1) (Reply)

7 Medieval African Kingdoms Everyone Should Know About / What Does You Nigerian Surname Say About You? / Tracing Brazilian Heritage Back To Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.