Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Nigerians Risk Losing Billions As Flutterwaves Refuse Payment To 86fb Investors - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Risk Losing Billions As Flutterwaves Refuse Payment To 86fb Investors (439 Views)

$10bn Debt: CBN Defaults On Payment To Banks, Dollar Nears ₦‎1,000 / 86FB Accuses Flutterwave Of Freezing Its Funds Maliciously / Top5 Forbes Richest Men Who Don’t Live Like They Worth Billions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Risk Losing Billions As Flutterwaves Refuse Payment To 86fb Investors by TGNEWS(m): 5:57am On May 05, 2022
Many Nigerians are at the risk of losing billions of Naira to flutterwaves, a financial company which is known for receiving and paying vendors online.

The financial services company in Nigeria has thousands of customers across the country and swayed them with the endless possibilities for every business concept.

The company which sells online, prices payment, build financial tools designed to grow one's business have left many Nigerians heartbroken with possible failure of the company's agreement with investors

It's an uproar and outright cry by Nigerians as the unified payment and 86fb have traded words of blame and counter blame over payment.

An investor who have life savings with flutterwaves and prefers to be anonymous worried that the two financial-based online companies should explain or come out with the true situation of things.

"Investors want the truth to be out and payment processes be resumed so that investors can get their money." The Investor said

Confused as they are, either 86fb or flutterwaves are having billions of naira belonging to Nigerians as they don't know which of them received the returned money claimed by flutterwaves

"All investors are asking is for flutterwaves to mention the merchant's names and let the merchant process investors' money because there are several pending withdrawals which have been caused by the interruption of Flutterwaves." The investor added

The confusion began when 86fb in a statement directed their investors to reach out to flutterwaves who have frozen their accounts for payment.

But in a contrary and counter statement flutterwaves stated that they suspend the 86fb account with them.

another contradicted statement by flutterwaves said they returned instructed the merchants processing money for 86fb to stop and the money was returned to the merchants.

This is where the whole issue hangs up that today monies belonging to Nigerian investors are not being paid.

In Lagos and Abuja, our correspondent investigated was a raising tension with investors storming the offices of flutterwaves and 86fb but no officials are on their seats to give them reliable information as they were said to have been absconded.

"All we are saying is let them come back to continue paying money to any investor who has their money with them. " The investor complained

They are calling on the federal government, Nigerians to help them get their money in time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Risk Losing Billions As Flutterwaves Refuse Payment To 86fb Investors by Kingpin1000: 6:18am On May 05, 2022
MMM 2.0..
When a friend sent me the link, I told him by last month end I will invest.
But I knew it was MMM 2.0 but I couldn't discourage him due to the fact, He was already deep into it. FF to weeks a relative showed me how his more than 800k was hanging at 86fb, I pretended like I've not heard anything thing like 86fb, I wanted to tell him to move on but I could see He was already heart broken.
It was dejavu but this time I was smarter, I knew these guys are just scammers, the first guys who withdrew are the winners, while those whose money is held up are the losers.
Take heart, it was just another ponzi scheme, when snake bite you for a particular road,even if you see rope you go fear.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Risk Losing Billions As Flutterwaves Refuse Payment To 86fb Investors by Goldbw122(m): 7:00am On May 05, 2022
Too bad, I know this will happen that is why I quickly withdraw all my money, ponzi scheme does not last more than 6 months.. I don't know why but if you are lucky to cash out between 3 to 4 months then you are lucky...

Good morning nairaland
Re: Nigerians Risk Losing Billions As Flutterwaves Refuse Payment To 86fb Investors by amp01(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2022
Flutterwave said,they are not a bank that freeze a client account.
So that story is a LIE.

(1) (Reply)

Godwin Emefiele, Adaeze Udensi: Who Own Titan Trust Bank? / Scandal: The Civic Centre Lagos, Cancels Customer Event Divert Funds / Secret Of Making Millions With Arbitrage Business Even If You Don't Have Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.