Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Lets Gravitate Towards Ecumenical Christianity- - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lets Gravitate Towards Ecumenical Christianity- (906 Views)

Poll: U SUPPORT,Ecumenical christianity-A way forward to a united love family of Christ?

YES: 50% (1 vote)
NO: 50% (1 vote)
DOESNT REALLY MATTER: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / Barack Obama, Vatican Issue Ecumenical Statements Wishing Hindus A Happy Diwali / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Gravitate Towards Ecumenical Christianity- by karli4nia(m): 9:34am On Aug 08, 2007
Besides the quite recent property tussel with RCCG folks which was really ungodly for mature christian folks as such, could it be that Rev Chris has been so busy to like mixup with a bunch of other penticostal christian denominations at least the notable upcoming ones and even the bigest ones. i contantly see Rev Oyedepo,Adeboye attend certain big christian gatherings as key guests.I really hope its not  as a result of the past beef with Okotie(his next door neighbour) on the "JOSHUA SAGA". Well i was only looking at a scenerio where we can have ecumenical christianity where irrespective of our different congregations and denominations we can ever still all abide in love and live all as one for Christ. Remember the Apostle paul tells us in his letter to the corinthians that we are all one body in Christ.A body without an arm or leg or other parts however small aint a complete body.So lets all strive to build Ecumenical christianity in love where we shun such thing as turning againts or beefing the practices and doctrines of other denominations.Let us rather focus on what we have in common than our rather insignificant differences. I believe we agree more on many issues than we can ever disagree.Looking forward to such revolution in JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: Lets Gravitate Towards Ecumenical Christianity- by TV01(m): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2007
The mixing of the Holy and the profane shocked.

In this age of wholesale blasphemy, hereticism and preening man-made religious structures, the best you can come up with is ecumenism?

Presumably, syncretism is next on the agenda? Roll on one world religion. Actually, it's a great idea, get them all together then The Lord can consume them at once.

Every man to his tent.

Ecumenism ko? Owambe ni?

Religionist bunkum.

Starter for 10 anyone grin!
Re: Lets Gravitate Towards Ecumenical Christianity- by karli4nia(m): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2007
Brother Tv ,apparently u lack clarity,with your cynical approach to a positve movement.A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.All am basically against is we christians focusing more on our call and quiting the kind of player hating amongs us even with our differences.
Re: Lets Gravitate Towards Ecumenical Christianity- by TV01(m): 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2007
karli4nia:

Brother Tv

If you keep up this ecumenist clap-trap I ain't no brother of yours. You man pleaser! And spell my name right before I e-assault you.

karli4nia:

u lack clarity,with your cynical approach to a positve movement.

Ultimately we shall all see. Then clarity won't be an issue will it.

karli4nia:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

Like I said Syncretism next. Which holy book is that from? Who wants to journey with you on the train of heresy to spiritul perdition?

karli4nia:

All am basically against is we christians focusing more on our call and quiting the kind of player hating amongs us even with our differences.

We? You & who angry?
Playa abi? Nonsense. A thinly veiled attempt at relevence. None of them & none of you are!
The original MOG-Slayer in da house! Wey dem?

If the focus was on God instead of various self-aggrandising blasphemers with "small man" syndrome, hell bent on forcing us to worship as they see fit, we'd have no denominational problems in the first place.

Oya, let me humour you. What do you suggest exactly?

1. Catholicism ~ After all, Pope benny seems to think non-Catholics are disqualified from the faith.

2. Pentecostalism ~ Which gives us the option of bad hair and clothes of the poorest imaginable taste or veneration of men (and women), which is little more than modern day temple worship with human mediators.

3. Anglicanism ~ I don't think anyone is sure exactly what that is?

4. Some formula based mixture of the above 9and the 30'000+ other denominations?

5. Ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

The Lord knows those who are His.

So once again HELL NO!
Re: Lets Gravitate Towards Ecumenical Christianity- by pilgrim1(f): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2007
TV01:

If you keep up this ecumenist clap-trap I ain't no brother of yours. You man pleaser! And spell my name right before I e-assault you

Wetin happen? Talk to the gentleman instead of rolling up your sleeves in readiness for an assault! cheesy

------

@karli4nia,

For one, I don't agree that ecumenism (in the sense of what that term connotes in religious circles) is a viable recommendation to the problems many Christians face today. I'd rather we all come back to the WORD - as Paul offered for troublous times as ours:

Acts 20:32 -- "And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified."

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

God Wanted Me To Tell You! / Genesis Revisited / How Does One Feel When He Or Better Asked What Is The Prove Of Being Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.