Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,808 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? (780 Views)

A Barber Shop Or A Laundry Shop Which Is More Lucrative / 4 Online Business That Are Profitable In Nigeria For Beginners / Keke Napep Or Soccer Betting Shop, Which One Should Go First..? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by AmuRubber(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2022
Good day, Nairalanders!
Presently, I am lost in-between these two business ideas — Video Gaming business and Bet business (preferably Betking). So, all things being equal, which do you think is more profitable?
I have a shop situated in a busy lower-class neighbourhood where about 4-5 Bet9ja shops are located but no gaming centre in sight. This place has a high number of young people, therefore I made a research recently in order to have a clue of the amount an average Bet9ja customer there stakes in a game, using 50 bettors as sample size, I came up with ~₦150.
A friend of mine is of the opinion that a registered gaming centre will be more profitable, and that I should start with at least 5 PS3 and 3 PS2 (hacked) gaming consoles. Please, what do you guys think about this? Another fellow stressed that I should give Betking a try, believing it is more profitable. He ignored the possibility of the business being threatened by the presence of the Bet9ja shops around.
If you were me, which would you go for? Please buddies, kindly help me with some advice.

NOTE: I am not interested in combining both. Thank you.

Cc:
Dominique
Lalasticlala
chatinent
crafteck
typicalgamer
Think4Yourself
Tk4all
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by crafteck(m): 6:35pm On May 05, 2022
AmuRubber:
Good day, Nairalanders!
Presently, I am lost in-between these two business ideas — Video Gaming business and Bet business (preferably Betking). So, all things being equal, which do you think is more profitable?
I have a shop situated in a busy lower-class neighbourhood where about 4-5 Bet9ja shops are located but no gaming centre in sight. This place has a high number of young people, therefore I made a research recently in order to have a clue of the amount an average Bet9ja customer there stakes in a game, using 50 bettors as sample size, I came up with ~₦150.
A friend of mine is of the opinion that a registered gaming centre will be more profitable, and that I should start with at least 5 PS3 and 3 PS2 (hacked) gaming consoles. Please, what do you guys think about this? Another fellow stressed that I should give Betking a try, believing it is more profitable. He ignored the possibility of the business being threatened by the presence of the Bet9ja shops around.
If you were me, which would you go for? Please buddies, kindly help me with some advice.

Cc:
chatinent
crafteck
typicalgamer
Think4Yourself
Tk4all

How big is the shop, pics of the frontage plus left and right of the street
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by chatinent: 6:41pm On May 05, 2022
AmuRubber:
Good day, Nairalanders!

Cc:
chatinent
crafteck
typicalgamer
Think4Yourself
Tk4all

From your environmental scan, the betshop will just become another alternative.

Gaming is lite. Try add PS4 and PS5..and if you are charging N100 for PS2, charge N150 for PS3, N250 for PS4, and N300 for PS5...then relax and watch you cash out N10k or more daily.
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 05, 2022
Coming
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by Tk4all(m): 6:46pm On May 05, 2022
The situation is dicey if you ask me.

however, i will advice you to give the betting shop a trial, i'm not into gaming so i can't compare but i know how much a betting shop can bring for just week with average patronage. but there are things you must consider; the location, type of people living around the area, are you familiar with guys around you? start up capital to make your services better than the other shops etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by fattprince(m): 7:00pm On May 05, 2022
chatinent:

Gaming is lite. Try add PS4 and PS5..and if you are charging N100 for PS2, charge N150 for PS3, N250 for PS4, and N300 for PS5...then relax and watch you cash out N10k or more daily.
Bro, you really funny I can't stop laughing. He even said it that it's lowerclass area. And I'm sure it can't be better than my area when it comes to class. And here we play PS 2 (2 for #50) ps 3 for #50. And my area isn't far from Unilag where I'm schooling and there we play PS 4 #100 and PS #200 but I'm not sure. But I know even with this amount this people are making it big. He can just make all this socket board to use as charging centre as side hustle.
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by AmuRubber(m): 7:04pm On May 05, 2022
crafteck:

How big is the shop, pics of the frontage plus left and right of the street

It's a modest-sized shop of 10 by 12. I'm sorry I have no photo of the frontage now.
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by chatinent: 7:14pm On May 05, 2022
fattprince:

Bro, you really funny I can't stop laughing. He even said it that it's lowerclass area. And I'm sure it can't be better than my area when it comes to class. And here we play PS 2 (# for #50) ps 3 for #50. And my area isn't far from Unilag where I'm schooling and there we play PS 4 #100 and PS #200 but I'm not sure. But I know even with this amount this people are making it big. He can just make all this socket board to use as charging centre as side hustle.

No bi lie sha.
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by crafteck(m): 8:20pm On May 05, 2022
AmuRubber:

It's a modest-sized shop of 10 by 12. I'm sorry I have no photo of the frontage now.

Do bet or another business, not games, its too small. Gaming is an escape from immediate reality whether for kids or adults, you can be ronaldo for 12 am then worlds most wanted sniper d next 20 minutes after that, after a hard days scholling or working you come and become Trevor phillips, Franklin clinton or Michael de santa... A bit of comfort is needed such as space and ventilation.

1 Like

Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by AmuRubber(m): 9:34pm On May 09, 2022
Tk4all:
The situation is dicey if you ask me.

however, i will advice you to give the betting shop a trial, i'm not into gaming so i can't compare but i know how much a betting shop can bring for just week with average patronage. but there are things you must consider; the location, type of people living around the area, are you familiar with guys around you? start up capital to make your services better than the other shops etc

Alright bro, thanks a bunch!
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by AmuRubber(m): 9:36pm On May 09, 2022
chatinent:

Thanks for your suggestion.
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by AmuRubber(m): 9:45pm On May 09, 2022
crafteck:

Do bet or another business, not games, its too small. Gaming is an escape from immediate reality whether for kids or adults, you can be ronaldo for 12 am then worlds most wanted sniper d next 20 minutes after that, after a hard days scholling or working you come and become Trevor phillips, Franklin clinton or Michael de santa... A bit of comfort is needed such as space and ventilation.

Well, I've finally made up my mind to use the shop as a Betking outlet while still looking for a strategically-located big-enough shop to be used for a gaming centre.
Anyway, I appreciate your opinion, thanks a lot!
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by AmuRubber(m): 9:47pm On May 09, 2022
Emmacj19:
Coming
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by Tk4all(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2022
AmuRubber:

Well, I've finally made up my mind to use the shop as a Betking outlet while still looking for a strategically-located big-enough shop to be used for a gaming centre.
Good luck brother, pls give us updates in 3months time. may favour,grace,luck or whatever it takes to succeed locate you and your business.
Re: A Video Game Centre Or A Bet Shop, Which Is More Profitable In 2022? by crafteck(m): 10:09am On May 10, 2022
AmuRubber:

Better cos its not just about opening a game house, running it includes have space convenient enough for customers, person wey carry hin friends con spend 10k wont like be squeezed or heat.

(1) (Reply)

Monetize Blank Spaces On Your Business Website / Check This Out / Human Resources Managers:professional Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.