Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Why I Think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Released (436 Views)

Ambazonia: Nnamdi Kanu Should Stop Wasting Our Money. / Junaid Mohammed: Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested If He Steps Into Nigeria / Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Consider Asari Dokunbo Election Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Released by GeorgesDiary(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2022
Does Nnamdi Kanu deserve to be released?

First, let me reiterate what I said earlier. The rising case of unrest in the South East is a consequence of IPOB/ESN activities. The day prisons were broken and armed robbers, stiffened criminals as well as political enemies were set free, that day became a turning point for the South East particularly Anambra State and Imo State where most of these prison breaks took place.

They didn't just break into prisons, they also killed several policemen and carted away with numerous weapons. They were hailed by the IPOB leader as saints and saviours. These same people metamorphosed into what we know today as Unknown Gun Men because they choose to make their identities unknown but we know that it is not unconnected to the violent post-EndSARS activities.

I have always maintained that IPOB may not have meant it to be what it is today but their strategy gave birth to whatever we have today and they must admit this if they want to regain the trust of people. It has gone beyond the control of IPOB with different factions of IPOB trying to portray themselves as the legitimate champions of the Biafran project.

We see this play out with the fall out of Emma Powerful's faction of IPOB and Simon Ekpa's autopilot. There have been accusations and counteraccusations between the two sects on the origin of the violence in the South East. One faction also claims they have no business with the Monday sit-at-home and the other faction has insisted that the sit at home has come to stay.

The turmoil is ever-growing and whoever the unknown gunmen are, they are not DSS or Fulani Bandits as claimed by some IPOB propaganda media.

A lot of people believe that the "kidnap" of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu by the Federal Government of Nigeria caused the unrest but we need to recall that the activities of Unknown Gunmen were on the rise before MNK's second arrest. I followed his broadcasts.

On the side of the Federal Government of Nigeria, they dealt so carelessly with the issues of MNK and Biafra agitation. First, before MNK's escape, he was almost extra judiciary killed in a raid. This raid cost him the life of his dear ones including members of his family which brought about the need to escape Nigeria in what FG considered a mystery.

It was obvious that MNK's life was being sought after. The Court has ruled in favour of MNK as regards this and has demanded that the FG pay damages to MNK.

MNK had enough reasons to escape for his life but since they found a way to bring him back to Nigeria to face justice for the charges laid against him, some things need to be considered.

Boko Haram terrorists have bombed, killed, kidnapped, raped and displaced millions of Northerners who are now concentrated in IDP camps. Yet, some of these terrorists who were arrested have been released, rehabilitated and reinstated into the society with financing and other benefits.

Some Northerners argue that if such could be done for Niger Delta militants, why not Boko Haram? First of all, comparing Boko Haram and Niger Delta militants shows that many Northerners do not understand what these militants stood for. It's either they are naive or they were poorly acquainted. But let's not talk about that for now.

There are also cases of the Federal Government releasing some terrorists either with a Presidential pardon or in exchange for some kidnapped Nigerians.

Now, the big question is... What has Nnamdi Kanu done differently that President Buhari cannot extend this favour? Why have the President refused to have a conversation with Nnamdi Kanu, maybe, through his men?

While we are shouting on top of our voices and registering our stand against the rising violence in South East, we also know that although many have lost their lives and means of livelihood, there are many viable options to seeking peace and unity which includes a political solution.

The Federal Government has no excuse why they are still keeping Nnamdi Kanu hostage when there are better options that can be explored. It has been established that Nnamdi Kanu escaped Nigeria because his life was at risk. His bail conditions then which were met should still apply.

The Federal Government should organise a closed-door meeting with Igbo elites, Governors, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, Representatives of IPOB and other pro-Biafra groups and have a thought-provoking conversation with them. The Federal Government must use this to prove that indeed they have the interest of South East and Igbos at heart and they should give a listening ear, and act on the constitutionally-right recommendations.

When Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is released, let him be allowed to prove to Nigerians whether IPOB is a terrorist group or not. He should go and put his house in order and if they fail to listen to him, he can wash his hands off.

You never can tell, the future cannot be predicted. MNK may eventually become resourceful in nation-building. Let us not forget that the once Biafran War Lord, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, who led the Old Eastern region to war that cost us millions of lives and billions of dollars, caused our psychological problems and lack of trust in the Nigerian project, turned back from his Biafran dreams and became a Nigerian politician who birthed APGA, a party that set Anambra free from Godfather politics.

So yes, while we say enough is enough to the killings in South East, while we call on IPOB/ESN and their sister groups to rise and actively disassociate themselves from the rising violence in South East, we also call on the Federal Government, to not only release Mazi Nnamdi Kanu but to set the environment right for sincere healing and reconciliation.

The question is, is President Buhari human enough?

My name is Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie and I stand for the truth even if it means standing alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Released by Simplelion: 10:49pm On May 05, 2022
things are really getting out of hand in the east and I hope it's doesn't get worse after presidential election of which doesn't seem like it's going to the eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Released by Daveambition(m): 11:07pm On May 05, 2022
Gooosh;
This is the best epistle i have read this week..
Buhari & his AgberoPeopleCongregation gov't can only keep adjourning MNK case, they can only cage his body buh mentally MNK has broken free from bondage long long ago..
Mah Man is mentally FREE, y'all ever noticed the braveness in MNK face & his majestic leg moves whenever he walks in to the court room.?
Gees, that nigga is Martin Luther jr & Malcolm X in one...
Re: Why I Think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Released by Creamypie(m): 11:26pm On May 05, 2022
GeorgesDiary:
Does Nnamdi Kanu deserve to be released?

First, let me reiterate what I said earlier. The rising case of unrest in the South East is a consequence of IPOB/ESN activities. The day prisons were broken and armed robbers, stiffened criminals as well as political enemies were set free, that day became a turning point for the South East particularly Anambra State and Imo State where most of these prison breaks took place.

They didn't just break into prisons, they also killed several policemen and carted away with numerous weapons. They were hailed by the IPOB leader as saints and saviours. These same people metamorphosed into what we know today as Unknown Gun Men because they choose to make their identities unknown but we know that it is not unconnected to the violent post-EndSARS activities.

I have always maintained that IPOB may not have meant it to be what it is today but their strategy gave birth to whatever we have today and they must admit this if they want to regain the trust of people. It has gone beyond the control of IPOB with different factions of IPOB trying to portray themselves as the legitimate champions of the Biafran project.

We see this play out with the fall out of Emma Powerful's faction of IPOB and Simon Ekpa's autopilot. There have been accusations and counteraccusations between the two sects on the origin of the violence in the South East. One faction also claims they have no business with the Monday sit-at-home and the other faction has insisted that the sit at home has come to stay.

The turmoil is ever-growing and whoever the unknown gunmen are, they are not DSS or Fulani Bandits as claimed by some IPOB propaganda media.

A lot of people believe that the "kidnap" of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu by the Federal Government of Nigeria caused the unrest but we need to recall that the activities of Unknown Gunmen were on the rise before MNK's second arrest. I followed his broadcasts.

On the side of the Federal Government of Nigeria, they dealt so carelessly with the issues of MNK and Biafra agitation. First, before MNK's escape, he was almost extra judiciary killed in a raid. This raid cost him the life of his dear ones including members of his family which brought about the need to escape Nigeria in what FG considered a mystery.

It was obvious that MNK's life was being sought after. The Court has ruled in favour of MNK as regards this and has demanded that the FG pay damages to MNK.

MNK had enough reasons to escape for his life but since they found a way to bring him back to Nigeria to face justice for the charges laid against him, some things need to be considered.

Boko Haram terrorists have bombed, killed, kidnapped, raped and displaced millions of Northerners who are now concentrated in IDP camps. Yet, some of these terrorists who were arrested have been released, rehabilitated and reinstated into the society with financing and other benefits.

Some Northerners argue that if such could be done for Niger Delta militants, why not Boko Haram? First of all, comparing Boko Haram and Niger Delta militants shows that many Northerners do not understand what these militants stood for. It's either they are naive or they were poorly acquainted. But let's not talk about that for now.

There are also cases of the Federal Government releasing some terrorists either with a Presidential pardon or in exchange for some kidnapped Nigerians.

Now, the big question is... What has Nnamdi Kanu done differently that President Buhari cannot extend this favour? Why have the President refused to have a conversation with Nnamdi Kanu, maybe, through his men?

While we are shouting on top of our voices and registering our stand against the rising violence in South East, we also know that although many have lost their lives and means of livelihood, there are many viable options to seeking peace and unity which includes a political solution.

The Federal Government has no excuse why they are still keeping Nnamdi Kanu hostage when there are better options that can be explored. It has been established that Nnamdi Kanu escaped Nigeria because his life was at risk. His bail conditions then which were met should still apply.

The Federal Government should organise a closed-door meeting with Igbo elites, Governors, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, Representatives of IPOB and other pro-Biafra groups and have a thought-provoking conversation with them. The Federal Government must use this to prove that indeed they have the interest of South East and Igbos at heart and they should give a listening ear, and act on the constitutionally-right recommendations.

When Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is released, let him be allowed to prove to Nigerians whether IPOB is a terrorist group or not. He should go and put his house in order and if they fail to listen to him, he can wash his hands off.

You never can tell, the future cannot be predicted. MNK may eventually become resourceful in nation-building. Let us not forget that the once Biafran War Lord, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, who led the Old Eastern region to war that cost us millions of lives and billions of dollars, caused our psychological problems and lack of trust in the Nigerian project, turned back from his Biafran dreams and became a Nigerian politician who birthed APGA, a party that set Anambra free from Godfather politics.

So yes, while we say enough is enough to the killings in South East, while we call on IPOB/ESN and their sister groups to rise and actively disassociate themselves from the rising violence in South East, we also call on the Federal Government, to not only release Mazi Nnamdi Kanu but to set the environment right for sincere healing and reconciliation.

The question is, is President Buhari human enough?

My name is Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie and I stand for the truth even if it means standing alone.
Oga, once u do the crime u do the time. KANU will face the full wrath of the law for d murders of innocents on Mondays by u.g.m, ESN and their variants and d beheading of that soldier and his wife to be.he will stay in prison till 2035 or more. We southerners warned at d beginning that the Ipob protest might become something else taken over by assassins, robbers, kidnappers, u all looked d other way, hence we did not allow it in southern states at all.
Re: Why I Think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Released by Rollsnjaguar(m): 11:31pm On May 05, 2022
I have been saying it in my previous post that Udele1/Oyigboupdate have a group of armed men in Southeast doing the killings and posting the videos to him on their WhatsApp group.

That's why, he has boosted severally that he is well connected.

He has a WhatsApp group, he once shared screenshot on this platform before.

The issue is people are not asking the right questions.

If Nigerians really want to know the truth of killings in Southeast, why not let's start by questioning udele/oyigboupdate.

During the Obigbo massacre, he was same person posting killings of Igbos in cold blood and he was rejoicing about it.

The threads are here.

Nigerians should be asking investigative questions.

This udele/oyigboupdate has proven that he has direct connection with the people recording those videos at the scene of each of those Killings.

If he really wants DSS or government to find the killers, why is he not exposing the guys that are always on ground to record each scene and sent to his WhatsApp group.

And why is DSS or Police or Soldiers not questioning udele/Oyigboupdate on how he is getting the videos directly.

IPOB behead soldier couples and sent the videos to udele/Oyigboupdate to post on Nairaland.

DSS should start by squeezing udele/Oyigboupdate to lead them to the person who records the videos, then from there pick the rest of them.
Re: Why I Think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Released by okeyfrank: 11:40pm On May 05, 2022
Creamypie:
Oga, once u do the crime u do the time. KANU will face the full wrath of the law for d murders of innocents on Mondays by u.g.m, ESN and their variants and d beheading of that soldier and his wife to be.he will stay in prison till 2035 or more. We southerners warned at d beginning that the Ipob protest might become something else taken over by assassins, robbers, kidnappers, u all looked d other way, hence we did not allow it in southern states at all.

Shame on you for accusing IPOB of the wicked murdering of the military couple. Have you tried to imagine the possibility of an organized crime here, aimed at calling IPOB a bad name? Shame on you and your gullible likes.
Re: Why I Think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Released by Creamypie(m): 11:51pm On May 05, 2022
okeyfrank:

Shame on you for accusing IPOB of the wicked murdering of the military couple. Have you tried to imagine the possibility of an organized crime here, aimed at calling IPOB a bad name? Shame on you and your gullible likes.
look your self. You know what's coming, u are trying to establish a plausible denial, while inside your heart, u know you are lying. Am not just talking about d beheading, but d killings in d open on Mondays, like those brothers, those three gravelling and d south African returnee murdered this early morning. Cmon, you want to tell me ipob was innocent, you want to tell me their family supports Ipob thereafter. We south are aware of this video and have stopped supporting anything east agitation, and more

(1) (Reply)

Billionaires In Anambra May Be Competing In Buying Public Schools / Deborah’s Killing: Tambuwal Declares 24-hour Curfew In Sokoto Metropolis / Video Of Deborah Samuel Burial Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.