Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,026 members, 7,863,689 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' (447 Views)

US Congress Passes Bill That Will Censor The Bible As Antisemitic / New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People / Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by Dandal: 11:58pm On May 05, 2022
WASHINGTON, May 5 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee passed a bill on Thursday known as "NOPEC" that could open OPEC oil producers to U.S. lawsuits over price collusion.

The bill, which passed the committee by a tally of 17 to 4, would have to pass the full Senate and House and be signed by President Joe Biden to become law.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/us-senate-panel-passes-bill-pressure-opec-oil-cartel-2022-05-05/

The Empire is desperate. E be like say US wan steal Opec money like it did russia grin

9 Likes

Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by Drenimarcus(m): 12:12am On May 06, 2022
I swear the US has lost it. Please just sanction or steal OPEC money. Countries are already selling off their US Treasuries. Hyper-inflation will kill us here cry

12 Likes

Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by ken6488(m): 12:49am On May 06, 2022
USA think the world revolve around them

I use to love and cherish USA

But I lost my respect for them when I realized they are hyprocrates

Where are the puppet

11 Likes

Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by Appleyard(m): 1:02am On May 06, 2022
More shite is about to hit the fan. The US under Biden keep giving for free. They are about giving .ore countries reasons to quickly dump the petrol dollar, which is a precursor to run away inflation that is doing pressup to strike the American economy. They Feds just raised interest rate yet again, a sign that all is not well with the global economy. I'd they dare sanction opec, it would be the begining of the end for the petrol dollar.

4 Likes

Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by yanabasee(m): 1:10am On May 06, 2022
Oyel money.....
Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by Mooh247: 3:03am On May 06, 2022
You can only sanction countries not smart enough to dump Petro dollars

Russian ruble is getting stronger and appreciating in value

3 Likes

Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by VictorUSA(m): 5:10am On May 06, 2022
The bill introduced by Chuck Grassley, Amy Kloubuchar among other Republican and Democratic senators is to give the Attorney-General of the U.S the legal ability to sue OPEC and not to sieze its properties as these people above me thinks.

In 2019, Saudi Arabia crowned prince threatened to drop Petrol-Dollar if the U.S Congress passes NOPEC.When Joe Biden finally signs the bill, Mohammad bin Salman can do his worst.

1 Like

Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by RichMelanin: 8:04am On May 06, 2022
Dandal:

The Empire is desperate. E be like say US wan steal Opec money like it did russia grin

The slave trade era is still in them and their governmental system
Any country or government that doesn’t succumb to their sole desire, gets met with violence
Psychopathic people

4 Likes

Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by alcuin(m): 8:58am On May 06, 2022
The USA just thinks it can dictate to the whole Universe.

2 Likes

Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:13pm On May 06, 2022
The world has been waiting to see and hear what war crimes were committed in Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, Cuba and Syria.

some people here out of their love for anything America, have refused to see that America is the number one bully in the whole world. I love America too, and I will prefer them to remain powerful, but not with absolute power. Because absolute power currupts.. If anyone think America is fighting for Ukraine, they are deceiving themselves. America is fighting to destroy the only country, that's preventing them from having absolute power. The military might of Russia is of great concern. America practice democracy at home, but on the international stage, they practice dictatorship. They have little or no respect for the UN, they have even threatened the UN and its affiliates on numerous occasions. America respects sovereignty of a nation, for as long as the nation is serving their interests. Once you fall out of line, and you refuse to fall back in line...... Forget it. A unipolar world is dangerous for everyone of us.... USA must learn how to share the world with Russia and china

3 Likes

Re: US Passes Bill To Sanction OPEC Over 'price Collision' by tamdun: 7:13pm On May 06, 2022
This is really bad, if US go ahead and sanction opec, they are only sending one message to the world, "ur money ain't safe with us"

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine's Richest Man Plans To Sue Russia For Huge Losses / Lysychansk Falls To Russian Troops / Germany Recognized The Failure Of Anti-russian Sanctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.