Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF (801 Views)

Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo / Wike: North Can’t Stop South From Getting PDP Ticket / Miyetti Allah: North Can’t Ignore South’s Decision On Open Grazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Bobloco: 4:04am On May 06, 2022
•Says ‘enough of blackmail’

The Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, has said gone were the days Northerners felt blackmailed and intimidated by threats of restructuring, secession, break up or break down of Nigeria.

The forum in a statement issued by the Secretary General, Murtala Aliyu, said the North had never been opposed to the election of any Nigerian as president, neither has it sought to dominate any part of the country.

It, however, said the north would not submit itself to be relegated to serfdom.

The statement, titled ”Enough of Blackmail, read: ”A long running political riddle that has continued to frustrate all efforts at achieving ‘justice, equity and fair-play’ is this: anything and every thing in which the North has superiority or advantage or strength is, in the opinion of many Southerners, fake or contrived or speculative and, therefore, unacceptable.

”These Southerners contest the facts that the North has 78% of the landmass of Nigeria. They refuse to accept that the North has over 55% of the population of Nigeria. They won’t concede that the voting population in the Northwest region of the North alone is bigger than those of the Southeast & South-south combined.

”They will never acknowledge the fact that all the beef, all the tomatoes, the onions, the beans, etc. consumed in the South, is produced in the North. They concede nothing.

”On the contrary, they say the North brings nothing to the table and is entitled to nothing. Not to an equitable share of national revenues, not to a fair share of employment in the public services or to admissions into public schools.

”If the law says, for example, that election outcomes must be based on one man one vote, they quickly dismiss it as an ‘imposition’ by Northerners. They contest every fact, every principle, including those that formed the basis of our union such as our federation, our system of administration, our7 democracy, etc.

”As we inch towards the 2023 elections, it comes as no surprise that some Southern politicians are giving their Northern counterparts an ultimatum which roughly translates thus: elect no one from the North as President or we will break up the country!

”But what are the facts? Nigeria’s Fourth Democratic Republic is about 22 years old. Of this, Northerners ruled for only ten years. But in-spite of this, some southern politicians are furious, issuing dare warnings against the election of any Northerner as president.

”It has to be stated clearly and for the avoidance of any doubt that the North is not and has never been opposed to the election of any Nigerian from any part of the country as President. Anything that will be done to achieve that, however, must accord with the law and democratic principles.

”Gone are the days Northerners felt blackmailed and intimidated by threats of re-structuring, secession, break up or break down of Nigeria. The North does not seek to dominate any part of the country but will not submit itself to be relegated to serfdom.

”Those issuing ultimatums are to be pitied, knowing that they know not what they are doing. They own no patent nor monopoly of the art or science of ultimatums. Enough of the blackmail.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/2023-presidency-north-cant-be-intimidated-acf/
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Tolupe: 4:32am On May 06, 2022
People can be selfish!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Karlovych: 4:46am On May 06, 2022
embarassed See what unity-begging afonjites brought upon the country!
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by orisa37: 5:17am On May 06, 2022
PRAY ALWAYS THAT NIGERIA IS DELIVERED FROM BOKOHARAMS, BIAFRA AND NOW BANDITS.

PRAY ALWAYS THAT RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY
AND FC-FULANI CONFEDERATE TWIST IS STOPPED.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 5:22am On May 06, 2022
All we know is, Nigeria cannot afford to get it wrong in 2023..
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by derecho(m): 5:56am On May 06, 2022
Who is the North? A group of people called ACF?

The day the average man would surprise this people, na we go still dey pity dem.
You subjugate the average man there to serfdom and you're talking as if you are there for their interest .
One day na one day
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 6:31am On May 06, 2022
jerseyboy:
Fulani man, there is nothing like the North. Middlebelt stands on its own henceforth.

Oya Fool-anis, come and defend your masters oo

North remains,Fulani stands.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 6:32am On May 06, 2022
So North brings tomato and beef to the table? grin Meaning the tomatoes and beef are Nigeria's resources? Clowns... Fair to say North brings nothing but poverty, violence, over population and all kinds of social vices to the table...
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Skillsnigeria: 6:39am On May 06, 2022
Ok, no wahala
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 6:41am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:
So North brings tomato and beef to the table? grin Meaning the tomatoes and beef are Nigeria's resources? Clowns... Fair to say North brings nothing but poverty, violence, over population and all kinds of social vices to the table...

Can you please explain?
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 6:41am On May 06, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Can you please explain?

I don't owe u an explanation

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 6:44am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:

I don't owe u an explanation
Emotionists reason with their feelings.
I know.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 6:46am On May 06, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Emotionists reason with their feelings.

I know.

Yea, it's normal humans are emotional. Only the motionless is without emotions...
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Parachoko: 6:49am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:
Tomatoes and beef can even be gotten cheaper when imported.

Especially beef, imported beef is far cheaper.

Obasanjo could have handed over power to another Southerner, but for fairness sake, he handed over to a Northerner, look at how they are paying back the South now.

I hope stupid Southern Politicians are learning.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by 9japride(m): 6:51am On May 06, 2022
You hear these kind of statement, when a region has full control over all security apparatus in the country. People will eventually have sense. Smh.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 6:53am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:

Yea, it's normal humans are emotional. Only the motionless is without emotions...

Wow!

All the animals have emotion,but only Human conquire emotion and let logic triumph.

So the more you let emotion lead you,the less human you become.

Emotionists follow their emotions like rest of the animals,they use no brain.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 6:55am On May 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Tomatoes and beef can even be gotten cheaper when imported.

Especially beef, imported beef is far cheaper.

Obasanjo could have handed over power to another Southerner, but for fairness sake, he handed over to a Northerner, look at how they are paying back the South now.

I hope stupid Southern Politicians are learning.

Aswear bruv, bunch of retrogressive clowns aided by greedy educated foools from south. Southern politicians are the worst of people.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 7:00am On May 06, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Wow!

All the animals have emotion,but only Human conquire emotion and let logic triumph.

So the more you let emotion lead you,the less human you become.

Emotionists follow their emotions like rest of the animals,they use no brain.

Stop being a clown... It was emotions that made u quote me at first.

I don't have data to dillydally on u... U lack comprehension

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 7:04am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:

Stop being a clown... It was emotions that made u quote me at first.
I don't have data to dillydally on u... U lack comprehension
Don't worry about data,I can share you more.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Parachoko: 7:05am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:

Aswear bruv, bunch of retrogressive clowns aided by greedy educated foools from south. Southern politicians are the worst of people.
I've never seen cowards like most Southern Politicians.

When Jonathan was contesting against Buhari in 2015, some Northern Politician in the PDP even worked against Jonathan.

Obasanjo could have worked for and handed over to a Sorutherner in 2007, but for fairness sake he didn't do that. Now that is their turn to hand over power to the South, look at the stupid excuse they have been giving.

If we continue like this, Nigeria won't go far.

It will get to a point we will have to go our different ways. The South Generate majority of Nigeria revenue, we could fight to keep our revenue but we have not been doing so.

The North Should understand we no be Mumu for South.

No one is afraid of division or war.

Go and look at how a country like Switzerland is run, they run their country through fairness and no ethnic group feel left behind, that's why the country is prospering and peaceful.

Atiku and NEF that were screaming is the turn of the North in 2010/2011 have suddenly forgotten nah turn by turn. There is an unwritten agreement that power will be rotated between the North and South.

The South does not need One Nigeria neither do the South need the North. The country is not even prospering.

If the likes of Atiku feel is their right to rule, they will rule their part of the country for as long as they want when Nigeria falls apart.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 7:10am On May 06, 2022
Parachoko:

When Jonathan was contesting against Buhari in 2015, some Northern Politician in the PDP even worked against Jonathan.

Obasanjo could have worked for and handed over to a Northerner in 2007, but for fairness sake he didn't do that. Now that is their turn to hand over power to the South, look at the stupid excuse they have been giving.

It will get to a point we will have to go our different ways. The South Generate majority of Nigeria revenue, we could fight to keep our revenue but we have not been doing so.

The North Should understand we no be Mumu for South m

Go and look at how a country like Switzerland is run, they run their country through fairness and no ethnic group feel left behind, that's why the country is prospering and peaceful.

Atiku and NEF that were screaming is the turn of the North in 2010/2011 have suddenly forgotten nah turn by turn.

The South does not need One Nigeria neither do the South need the North. The country is not even prospering.

If the likes of Atiku feel is their right to rule, they will rule their part of the country for as long as they want when Nigeria falls apart.

Bro u are very correct. Southern politicians always do work against themselves. They've been torn apart tribally and blinded by greed. For instance BAT would rather want a northerner rule again instead Amaechi should Amaechi emerge APC flag bearer. That's how wicked they could be
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 7:12am On May 06, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Don't worry about data,I can share you more.

Thanks Wi-Fi.. But i don't have the TIME for that.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 7:18am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:

Thanks Wi-Fi.. But i don't have the TIME for that.
How much money do you make per hour?
I wanna buy your 2 hours or whole day.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 7:19am On May 06, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

How much money do you make per hour?

I wanna buy your 2 hours or whole day.

Go chop first then come back
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 7:21am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:

Go chop first then come back
Do you think I am joking?
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by yemmit90: 7:23am On May 06, 2022
Parachoko:

Obasanjo could have worked for and handed over to a Sorutherner in 2007, but for fairness sake he didn't do that. Now that is their turn to hand over power to the South, look at the stupid excuse they have been giving.

The North Should understand we no be Mumu for South.

Atiku and NEF that were screaming is the turn of the North in 2010/2011 have suddenly forgotten nah turn by turn. There is an unwritten agreement that power will be rotated between the North and South.

ACF should rather channels their open letter to the president who is in position to end incessant killing and kidnapping by Boko haram and bandits in their region.

Their immediately concern should be how to end insecurity in their region, but hell no, they wont do that.

Their elites know better, with the present insecurity in the north, there is no way they will survive withiout the southern resources. If Nigeria break up today, what happened in Afghanistan would be a child play compare to what will happen to the Notherners.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 7:23am On May 06, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Do you think I am joking?

U are the joke rather

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:24am On May 06, 2022
V
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 7:25am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:

U are the joke rather
Do you have a bank account?
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Johnny147147: 7:29am On May 06, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Do you have a bank account?

Did u forget to take ur pills this morning?
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Can’t Be Intimidated — ACF by Nobody: 7:35am On May 06, 2022
Johnny147147:

Did u forget to take ur pills this morning?
This one thinks I am his mate.
It's your loss.
Last one,would you like to meet me? Since you feel you are big.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Beheaded Gideon Akaluka? By Yinka Odumakin / Between Education And Infrastructure Which One Would Improve The Economy ? / If Northern Muslims Do Not Trust Southern Muslims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.