Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

The Ancestry Linage And Origin Of Igbo In Delta And River State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ancestry Linage And Origin Of Igbo In Delta And River State (495 Views)

Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says / Nnamdi Kanu To Tinubu: You've Disappointed, Disgraced The Noble Yoruba Ancestry / I Don't Like Result Coming From Imo,abia,delta And River State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ancestry Linage And Origin Of Igbo In Delta And River State by ThEGodFaThEr137: 7:26am On May 06, 2022
Delta State:
OSHIMILI, NDOKWA, UKWUANI, ANIOCHA, IKA, NDONI, AGBO, ASABA, ISELE UKWU/UKU; this are all Igbo extraction in delta state, and they are of the same ancestry lineage. The ancestor name is EZECHIMMA who is medicine man that originated from arochukwu in present day abia state. Thou Ezechimma met some people in some places they settled, place like Ogwashi-ukwu, Idumueje, Onisthia and rest.

River State:
IKWERRE, OGBA, ETCHE AND EPEYE; this is an Igbo extraction in river state, and they are of the same ancestry lineage. There ancestor name is AKALAKA, thou before the arrival of AKALAKA from Benin kingdom there is already some people leaving in ikwerre land and the people leaving in ikwerre land before the arrival of AKALAKA from Benin kingdom originated from orlu in present day imo state. AKALAKA is a warrior which also originated from arochukwu in present day abia state.

OPOBO; this is also an Igbo extraction found in river state. There ancestor name is KING JAJA OF OPOBO he is also a warrior/warlord, who originated from Jubo Jubogha Umuduruoha Amaigbo, in present day IMO State.

EGBEMMA; this is also an Igbo extraction found in river state. The egbemma have a strong Igbo cultural identity, despite their location on the southern fringe of Igbo land. The kingdom traces its origin to Igbo land centuries ago. Egbemma is under the overlordship of the NZEOBI of egbemma kingdom and EZE SUNDAY UZOR. Egbemma originated from IMO state and egbemma is made up of seven villages.

OMUMA: Omuma people is an Igbo extraction, also found in river state, which originated from orlu east in present day IMO state. Omuma people in river state is made up of several town and villages such as UMUABALI, UMUROKE, EBERI, EGBELU, UMUOKWA, UMUOYORO and UMUDIK.
Re: The Ancestry Linage And Origin Of Igbo In Delta And River State by Felimax(m): 8:07am On May 06, 2022
Veracity laced with fact.
I have been to a particular village in Abia state for a Reverend Father's first mass and I was so surprised how I could hear them when they speak their dialect, I was forced to ask how come it was so. Too bad I cannot remember the name of the village.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestry Linage And Origin Of Igbo In Delta And River State by Akudaisi: 8:38am On May 06, 2022
Omuma and Egbemma are both in Rivers and Imo

1 Like

Re: The Ancestry Linage And Origin Of Igbo In Delta And River State by wakaman: 8:42am On May 06, 2022
Una don come again, always they link other people to Una sef for Una identity crises.

If it is by ancestry linkage, if you go back far enough in time, we are all related.

(1) (Reply)

South West APC Elders Meeting With Osinbajo, Tinubu, Others Affirm Rights Of All / 2023: No Igbo Man Contesting Presidency – Uwazuruike / Is Reno Omokri's Method Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.