Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) (382 Views)

Affiliate Marketing-simplified / Digital Marketing Simplified In 5 Minutes / Affiliate Marketing Simplified For You With This Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 7:28pm On May 06, 2022
Quick Question: What is Affiliate Marketing?

I know you might had moments when you've asked this question.

And maybe you already got someone to give you an answer,

or you've probably read it online...

...but then, maybe you weren't satisfied with the answers you got.

Or maybe you just couldn't bring yourself to believe that it's exactly what it is.

That's alright.

Be at ease! I'm not here to judge you.

What do you say we start a thread today on the subject of Affiliate Marketing?

But before I say anything else further...

I'd like to put you at further ease by pointing out that I'm not trying to take hours away from you.

I understand and from experience as an entrepreneur can testify that time is precious.

It's a currency that when lost can never be recovered.

So, if you can dedicate just 5 mins a day to learning more about Affiliate Marketing as I'll be sharing with you, that'd be more than enough.

And then, you'll have the rest of the day to yourself to do whatever else matters to you.

Sounds fair, uh?

So, let's answer with the big question...

WHAT IS AFFILIATE MARKETING?

To answer that, I'd like to mention that it's an activity that you've been engaging in subconsciously for as long as you can remember.

Allow me to paint the picture in your mind right now.

Now, I want you to visualize a scene where you bought a good shirt from a boutique,

and on the day you put it on, you come across a friend who falls in love with the outfit.

She would like to buy the same shirt too, and asks you where you bought it.

Subconsciously, you begin to describe the boutique by first talking about the owner's hospitality,

how he always treats you well, offers you a seat, then a drink,

sells wares to you at the exact market price rate everytime,

gives you gifts during Christmas festivity,

and how you've been a regular customer for the past 2 years,

and on and on.

Mind you...

You're doing all that because you had a good experience buying from the boutique.

Eventually, that friend of yours goes to buy the same outfit from the boutique courtesy of your recommendation,

and even if she mentions that you referred her, you don't get anything in return.

That scenario which I just painted the picture for you is recommending someone else's products to people who are likely to find it valuable.

But like I already mentioned, you've been doing that for years subconsciously without getting paid for it.

So, Affiliate Marketing is simply doing the same — recommending products to people who'll find it valuable,

and this time around, you're getting paid for each person that converts into a buying customer.

That's the concept of Affiliate Marketing simplified for you in just a few but concise words.

Let's take it up from here again tomorrow.

P.S In case you prefer to learn deep about Affiliate Marketing, I recommend a Value-Packed FREE eBook titled "The Layman's Guide To Affiliate Marketing: Super Affiliates Are Made Not Born"

It's completely FREE!

To claim a copy, check for details on the graphics.

Ciao Ciao!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 4:00pm On May 07, 2022
In my last post, I painted a visual image of what Affiliate Marketing is, and how it works.

I believe you got the picture right?

In this post, I'll be addressing the details of why Affiliate Marketing is every entrepreneur's dream business and what IT'S NOT.

I've seen a whole lot of people develop misconceptions about Affiliate Marketing...

...and this breaks my heart because beyond themselves, they've also infected so many other people with the same misconceptions.

You know bad news spread faster than the good, abi?

And it's oftentimes not easily reversible like it was easy to stick into people's heads and hearts.

However, I hope this post will certainly help change your mindset.

Let's start with why Affiliate Marketing is every entrepreneur's dream business.

1. It's a business model that doesn't require you to go through the headache of creating a product/service of your own.

At least, not for now, until you feel ready financially, mentally, etc.

2. Since you don't need to worry about creating your own product, you definitely don't need to worry about hiring a team to work with you.

You can run the business solo.

3. Even though you're recommending other people's products to potential customers who are going to find it useful and valuable, with Affiliate Marketing, you don't need to worry about holding inventory of the products.

Your job is just to connect customers with the product owners, and then you earn a commission from each resulting sale.

4. It is a beginner-friendly business model.

Yes, Affiliate Marketing is completely beginner-friendly...

...provided that you're ready to learn and take necessary actions to implement the knowledge (more on that in the next post).

5. Once you're able to get your Affiliate Marketing business off the ground, it's actually quite the easy to scale it higher.

I could go on and on but I believe these few points are enough... for now.

Now, let's talk about what Affiliate Marketing is not.

⁣1. It's NOT a get-rich-quick business scheme.

It's a money-doubling (N10K for N50K) scheme.

You must be ready to learn what works, take necessary action steps, persist, and be consistent at doing it.

You have got to really fall in love with what you do as an affiliate marketer, genuinely care about the people you're promoting to, and believe in yourself too (I'll share more on that in the next post).

2. It is NOT a business for a specific category of people.

Anyone can be an Affiliate Marketer.

In the first post, in the illustration I gave, you'd remember that mentioned that it's what we have all been doing subconsciously for years.

That means if you can give someone directions to a location, then you can be an Affiliate Marketer.

And that wraps up this post — the second of many more in this thread.

I left a few hints on what the next post will be about it in this post, but I won't reveal more than that for now.

Meanwhile...

If you'd like to gain a bigger perspective on Affiliate Marketing, I recommend that you get a digital copy of the book titled — "The Layman's Guide To Affiliate Marketing: Super Affiliates Are Made Not Born!"

Find further details on the image in my first post in this thread.

Ciao! Ciao!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 8:32pm On May 09, 2022
In my last post, I gave a few hints about what the next post would be about, right?

That's if you actually paid close attention to the hints �

However, while going through the topic for today, I realized that I had to teach an important sub-topic before I dive any deeper...

...and that is...

The Parties Involved In Affiliate Marketing.

There are three (3) parties involved in the business of Affiliate Marketing.

They are — Vendors (or Merchants), Affiliates (or Publishers), and Consumers (or Customers).

1. Vendors — These are the people who create the products or services that Affiliates promote.

This can either be an individual or a brand.

And they often leverage affiliates understanding of and relationship with their market to reach more people, get more customers, and make more profits for themselves.

2. Affiliates — They are in the middle of the cycle.

They are also referred to as publishers.

They can either be individuals or companies.

Their job is to recommend affiliate products or services to the market audience, with whom they are more likely to have a better rapport, and with each resulting sale, they get paid commissions for their marketing efforts.

3. Consumers — They are the driving force of Affiliate Marketing.

Without them, the cycle is incomplete.

They purchase and use the products created by the vendors and recommended/promoted by the affiliates.

So, that wraps up this session.

It's short but value-packed.

Now, we can proceed to talk about the qualities you need to possess to be successful as an Affiliate Marketer in the next training.

P.S. If you'd like to learn in-depth about Affiliate Marketing, I recommend getting a copy of the FREE eBook on Affiliate Marketing.

You can find more details on the image in the first post in this thread.

Ciao Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 12:50pm On May 12, 2022
I promised that my next post will focus on the qualities that you must possess in order to attain long-term success in the world of sales and marketing.

I believe the content of this post also applies to just about anyone in the online space, as long as you consider yourself to be an entrepreneur (or soon to be).

Here we go:

1. Sales Personality

A person with a sales personality tends to embody all of the traits that lead to superior sales performance.

They are usually friendly, look to build strong relationships with their customers, genuinely care about their customers (empathy), etc.

You must understand that entrepreneurial success begins with you.

When you possess a sales personality, irrespective of your niche, you will find it easier to excel and thrive wherever you go.

That's because beyond your sales skills and the product you're selling, having a sales personality is vital in determining your success or failure in your industry.

2. Effective Learning Is Important

If you hope to survive the harsh conditions of entrepreneurship, of which Affiliate Marketing is just a branch, you must be willing and ready to learn effectively well.

I understand that it's not what the human brain likes to do.

The human brain wants comfort but to learn effectively, which in turn brings about success, you have to bring discomfort to yourself, to a certain extent.

As the saying is...

"Learning never ends! The day you stop learning, you start dying."

It still holds true even today.

We live in an age of technological advancement, and what worked yesterday might be outdated today.

And you wouldn't know unless you make it your lifelong goal to keep learning, otherwise, you'll be outdated and become irrelevant to your industry (marketplace).

I must also point out that you shouldn't just seek to learn only.

No!

In addition to learning, take actions, implement, test, see what works and what doesn't, unlearn certain things which aren't useful, and relearn.

You'll certainly get the hang of it through practice.

3. Take full responsibility of your life

You’re behind the steering wheel of your life, and that’s a fact!

Therefore, you should take full responsibility for your actions & results.

It’s not your fault if you were born poor, had a rough childhood, weren’t exposed to privileges, etc., however, it’s up to you to either change all of that or remain the same.

You notice a trend that you don’t like in your life? Change it yourself.

You wish that you had something? Work to acquire it.

No one said it’d be easy but at the same time, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Therefore, if anything is to be, it’s up to you to make it happen.

4. Believe in yourself and what you're selling

Listen, the reason most people fail in business is because they tend to have too much dependence on other people to dictate for them.

If you still look up to people for approval on who you can be or can't be, then, you've got work to do.

Rather than depend on anyone for how to live life, what to do, and what not to do, choose to root for yourself.

The average human, when he conceives a unique idea is his mind, seeks the approval of at least two (2) external bodies before he/she takes action or not.

And if you ask me, 90% of the time, the idea NEVER makes it to the implementation phase before it dies.

When you place your life, dreams, visions, and goals into the hands of others, you subject yourself to having your fire doused.

It's just the bitter truth!

Now, about believing in what you're selling, it's very much important.

If you don't love or believe in what you're selling, take it from me that, you can NEVER convince anyone else to believe in it...

...and as a result, getting them to make the purchase decision will be out of the question.

Before you think to yourself that — "I'm not in a business of selling," I'd like you to pay close attention to what I'm about to share with you.

Irrespective of whatever business you are into, even if it doesn't involve exchange of goods and services for money, you're still a salesperson.

How?

As far as your business requires you to persuade someone to take an action you'd like to see them take, you're automatically a salesperson.

Store that in your heart!

5. Stay mentally fit

"Whatever success you attain at the expense of your mental health is NOT worth it."

No one else can care for you as much as you would care for yourself.

Therefore, if you hope to be successful in whatever industry you are, live well and long enough to make lasting impacts, please take care of your mental health.

Make it a goal to always affirm positivity to yourself, eat well, exercise well, sleep well, and practice mindfulness at all times.

I intentionally made this post broad and not just focused on Affiliate Marketing so everyone can benefit from it.

In the next post, we'll go back to focusing on Affiliate Marketing.

P.S. In the meantime, if you'd like to learn more and in-depth about Affiliate Marketing more than I can take time to explain on this forum, use the link in the image above to claim a FREE copy of the "Layman's Guide To Affiliate Marketing: Super Affiliates Are Made Not Born"

Ciao Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 7:06pm On May 14, 2022
Today, I'll like to address a Billion-Dollar Question that I get a lot by different classes of people.

Who Is Affiliate Marketing For?

And each time I get asked this question, rather than feel burdened, I actually feel happy to provide the person asking with a satisfactory answer.

The reason is simple, I love the idea of contributing value to other people one way or another.

With that said, let's proceed to answering the question.

Affiliate Marketing, being the #1 Online Business Model is for EVERYONE!

Yeah, virtually anyone can become successful with Affiliate Marketing.

Remember the points I outlined while explaining the reason why Affiliate Marketing is the #1 Online Business Model a few posts earlier?

It's synonymous to an age-old activity that virtually the young and old have been engaging in for as far back as you can recount.

The only difference being that they don't get paid for it.

You might want to go read that part before coming back to this.

You see, if you can give direction to anyone who's lost his/her way, with just a little bit more knowledge on sales & marketing, you'll be able to transform yourself into a money-making mogul.

As I've said earlier, ANYONE can be an Affiliate Marketer, irrespective of the age, tribe, background, etc.

However, it must also be noted that NOT everyone will be successful as an Affiliate Marketer.

I understand if this sounds contradictory to what you expected to hear me say.

Just exercise a little bit patience while I explain the reason behind what I've just said.

I confidently said that not to scare you, or affirm the negativity you probably already have in mind concerning Affiliate Marketing.

As a matter of fact, I said it to tackle just that.

The first reason why I said not everyone can become successful through Affiliate Marketing has to do with your MINDSET as a living being.

You see, in the few years I've been in the online space, I've been privileged to meet different types of people...

...and I've come to the realization that one of the big reasons why most people fail to attain success at anything is the MINDSET they tend to have towards it.

If your mindset condemns Affiliate Marketing as a business model that only a particular category of people can do successfully, probably because you are yet to have a means of starting, or maybe because of your background, locality, etc.,

unless you change such a limiting mindset, even if you manage to eventually start a journey as an Affiliate Marketer sooner or later, there's a high probability that you might NOT make anything substantial out of it.

That's not a curse. It's simply the principle on which the universe works.

Life operates based on principles.

You can go against principle and expect the universe to work in your favour.

So, the mindset is crucial in either spelling success or failure for yourself as an Affiliate Marketer.

The second reason why I said not everyone can become successful through Affiliate Marketing also has to do with mindset, but I prefer to address it separately...

...and that is the idea of HARD WORK.

"An average person wants to spend millions of dollars but doesn't want to work to earn a million dollar himself."

It's very easy to fool yourself into believing that wishes come true when you're not ready to put in the work.

Don't get me wrong!

Wishes do indeed come through but there's always a condition attached to it — You work for it, then, the universe brings it into manifestation.

It's that simple.

So, if you're NOT willing to work for the desired results you hope to get as an Affiliate Marketer, you can only expect to dream of what you see others achieve.

Even worse, you'll begin to join those who claim that other average people like yourself who are changing their own lives are doing it with voodoo (black magic).

That, is another issue of a wrong mindset.

So, you'll permit me to rephrase the answer I gave earlier as...

Anyone can become successful through Affiliate Marketing, as long as (conditional) they are open to a big MINDSET SHIFT, and are ready to put in the HARD & NECESSARY WORK... especially at the beginning, in order to enjoy a life of leisure, after they must have built the capacity.

I hope this speaks directly to you.

I come in peace smiley

P.S. Do you know that no one was born a Super Affiliate?

Instead, they are made through the right resources, skills, and actions.

If you'd like to learn more about Affiliate Marketing and the secrets behind how the Super Affiliates do their thing, use the link in the image above.

It was a game changer for me... I believe that it will be for you too!

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 6:01pm On May 15, 2022
Today, I'd like to address one of the most important necessities in the world of business.

It's something that the successful businesses you see and admire understand and take very serious...

...and it's what sets them apart from other striving wannabes.

It doesn't matter whether you are selling physical or digital products or services, unless you give it the attention it deserves, you'll run out of business faster than you came in.

So, what's so important that I had to talk so much about the consequences surrounding not having it in a business?

It's LIST BUILDING & CONVERSION!

Yes, you read that right.

I've seen businesses with little to no capital move from ground level to the top of the business ladder within a little time space...

...and I've also seen businesses who have all the capital they could ever need, but they still find it difficult to dominate their industry.

Why is that?

They either lack the ability to generate leads or lack the ability to convert them effectively well.

Listen!

Your success in the world of Affiliate Marketing (a business model whereby you leverage other people's products), depends largely on your ability to generate leads and then, convert them into paying customers.

Without this, your success with Affiliate Marketing, as it is with virtually any other business is limited.

However, with the right information on how to do that, the sky is just the starting point for you.

In the pages of "The Layman's Guide To Affiliate Marketing," you'll find just a couple of the several traffic generation and list building tactics that you can deploy to get results for yourself in whatever business you're into.

However, that's not all!

Using the link in the image above, you can, and I actually recommend that you do, claim a FREE digital copy for yourself.

I'll be addressing another important topic in my next post.

In the meantime, I recommend that you get a FREE copy of "The Layman's Guide To Affiliate Marketing" so you can better learn Affiliate Marketing in detail...

...I mean, the nitty-gritty that no one else is telling you out there.

Ciao Ciao! wink
Re: Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 3:34pm On May 21, 2022
Still weighing the options to start a journey to Financial Freedom?

Here's what someone has to say about "The Layman's Guide To Affiliate Marketing"

The link to get your copy is on the image in the first post above.

Re: Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 6:29pm On May 21, 2022
Still weighing your options?

Re: Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 3:44pm On May 22, 2022
Today, I'd like to mention a few Billion-Dollar Businesses that model the Affiliate Marketing Blueprint.

1. Groupon

In November of 2008, a company called Groupon launched.
The business model was simple…

You subscribe to their email list and they send you daily deals near your city or online.

They didn’t create any products… they just did the marketing and played the middleman between the customer and the company.

The end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 cities worldwide with nearly 48.1 million active customers...

...and in 2017 they did 2.84B in revenue.

2. Airbnb

In 2008, a company called Airbnb launched.

Their concept was also simple and groundbreaking.

They built an app that connects people looking for lodging with those who are looking to rent out their homes.

They don’t own any homes or hotels, they simply do the marketing
and play the middleman.

By October 2019, two million people were staying with Airbnb each night.

3. Uber

In March of 2009, a company called Uber launched.

Their business was simple…

They built an app that connected people who needed rides with people who were willing to give them rides in cars the drivers already owned.

Uber didn’t own any cars nor did they ever interact with any customers.

It’s totally up to the driver to provide a great ride experience in a clean car and if the customer rates them badly the driver will get assigned fewer rides.

Uber completely disrupted the taxi industry by becoming the middleman to cars and riders…

….instead of trying to do the marketing, own and maintain all the cars and manage all the employees.

As of 2019, Uber is estimated to have 110 million worldwide users a 69% market share in the United States for passenger transport…

….and in 2019 they did 11.27B in revenue.

Entrepreneurs have started to realize the power of playing the middleman instead of trying to do it all themselves.

And companies have started to realize the power of using a middleman to help them get customers.

You have a chance to capitalize on this opportunity...

...and you shouldn't afford to miss it!

To learn more about Affiliate Marketing ... and how to get started ... use the link on the flyer below.

Ciao Ciao!

Re: Affiliate Marketing Simplified (A Complete Training Thread) by diamondcoal: 8:41pm On May 23, 2022
Do you genuinely care about other people's welfare?

Then you've got all you need to become an Affiliate Marketer.

That's because the first step is to focus on helping people rather than on yourself...

...and once you're able to nail this right, you'll become totally unstoppable.

Use the link in the image above to get started with Affiliate Marketing.

It's got the secrets that no one else is telling you.

(1) (Reply)

How To Easily Grow Your Business And Get More Sales With Twitter Ads / Hhb. / The Car Servicing Business That Set Me On The Road To 500k Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.