Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. (813 Views)

Lagos clear Hyundai sonata 09 for 2.5 / »»» Honda Pilot 05 @ N1M & Sonata 09 @ N1.4M Negotiable ««« / Hyundai Sonata 09 Foreign Used (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by tarboemma: 12:23am On May 07, 2022
I have this hyundai I want to buy without custom paper, I was told it was bought without customs and had been in use like that for years. But the seller said he doesn't have the first purchase receipt from the first owner of the car because he is the second third user of the car. What's your advice guys?

1 Like

Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:27am On May 07, 2022
Advice ontop all these red flags? Go ahead and buy, I'll bring you food in the cell lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by Nobody: 1:10am On May 07, 2022
Bros abeg no let customs use you open office undecided
My dad bought his Siena without custom papers dealer promised to bring it to our house the next morning grin since the dealer na pastor my dad believe am needless to say he paid in hundreds of thousands to get out of customs wahala.
This people will accuse you of stealing your own car.

OP don't even think twice reject the deal ASAP all those first owner second owner story na lamba to make you loseguard grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by tarboemma: 1:14am On May 07, 2022
I checked already na, he said hyubdai products do not come with customs. And also the car don dey in use for long.
Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by Terrence99: 1:17am On May 07, 2022
tarboemma:
I have this hyundai I want to buy without custom paper, I was told it was bought without customs and had been in use like that for years. But the seller said he doesn't have the first purchase receipt from the first owner of the car because he is the second third user of the car. What's your advice guys?

Hyundai vehicles assembled in Nigeria don't come with customs papers.
Vehicles brought brand new from major dealers in Nigeria don't usually come with customs papers.
For these two categories, the dealer gives you receipts and other documents which satisfy Customs requirements.
Any other thing, you need customs papers.

But I've owned and used a vehicle without customs papers. Used it without hassles. Was bought brand new here and receipt got lost. Bought it from the 3rd user. I'll give you 3 pieces of advice.
Don't get new plates when you buy, retain the old plates.
Don't ever go near Ore express towards the East with the car.
Use it basically within your city.

6 Likes

Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by Terrence99: 1:19am On May 07, 2022
tarboemma:
I checked already na, he said hyubdai products do not come with customs. And also the car don dey in use for long.

Is the car assembled here or was it bought brand new here?
To be truthful, I have never seen Customs impound any Hyundai from like 2016 model till date.
But you see Toyota and Lexus ehn... They are Customs magnets.
Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by megyucyautos: 1:20am On May 07, 2022
A word is enough for the wise....remove Ur eyes from something that will get u sleepless night.....police case is real,prison is real...
Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by megyucyautos: 1:21am On May 07, 2022
Pls don't talk about the car again.....it's a stolen vehicle....end of quote
Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by megyucyautos: 1:23am On May 07, 2022
If the dealer can't provide an evidence of purchase receipt,run for Ur life..
Terrence99:

Vehicles brought brand new from major dealers in Nigeria don't usually come with customs papers.
For these two categories, the dealer gives you receipts and other documents which satisfy Customs requirements.

But I've owned and used a vehicle without customs papers. Used it without hassles. Was bought brand new here and receipt got lost. Bought it from the 3rd user. I'll give you 3 pieces of advice.

Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by Terrence99: 1:26am On May 07, 2022
megyucyautos:
If the dealer can't provide and evidence of purchase receipt,run for Ur life..

OP, take this advice. Otherwise, you won't have rest of mind if you buy it. Been there before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by megyucyautos: 1:30am On May 07, 2022
Lmao ,such cars are called ,one eye or mafia Moto
Terrence99:

OP, take this advice. Otherwise, you won't have rest of mind if you buy it. Been there before.
Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by megyucyautos: 1:42am On May 07, 2022
Limited edition
Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by tarboemma: 2:26am On May 07, 2022
megyucyautos:
Pls don't talk about the car again.....it's a stolen vehicle....end of quote

So if a car doesn't have customs duties, it's considered a stolen car ?
Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by tarboemma: 2:28am On May 07, 2022
Terrence99:

Can one still get a customs duty for such car if for instance I want a duty?
Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:35am On May 07, 2022
tarboemma:

Can one still get a customs duty for such car if for instance I want a duty?
if it was misplaced you can still get it but would need a particular thing but can't remember that and also don't use new no plates just retain the old one as the person up suggested. I have driven cars to akwa ibom and eket respectively without custom paper and there are 2012 camry and 09 civic. The camry almost got seized at benin bypass if not go luck but the civic didn't really give me issues like that just normal officer on duty. But you see anything toyota,Lexus,benz,BMW are customs target wink

1 Like

Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by ITbomb(m): 7:51am On May 07, 2022
Check the back if it still has the Hyundai dealer rectangular sticker.
If it is there, then it was bought new and custom will not harass you but you need a police report from the seller

1 Like

Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by Ronzy1990(m): 4:36pm On May 07, 2022
Terrence99:

Op this is it.
Re: I Have An Hyundai Sonata 09 I Want To Buy Without Customs Paper. by tarboemma: 10:16pm On May 07, 2022
ITbomb:
Check the back if it still has the Hyundai dealer rectangular sticker.
If it is there, then it was bought new and custom will not harass you but you need a police report from the seller

There's Hyundai stickers at the side windscreen and the back too.

(1) (Reply)

2014 Mercedes Benz GLK350 4matic Bought Brand New / Super Clean Toks Standard Lexus Rx300 / 2007 Toyota Camry Sport...just Landed..plus update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.