Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol (1423 Views)

U.S. Admiral Surrenders To Russia In Mariupol, Ukraine / Admiral Makarov: Russian Warship Safely Returns To Black Sea (Pictures) / Ukraine Neptune Missiles Hit Russian Frigate Makarov In Black Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Teeaser4(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2022
Another Ukrainian propoganda about the destruction of a Russian Navy ship has been debunked

A photo has been published in which the Admiral Makarov is safe and sound in the port of Sevastopol
today

The day before, a number of Ukrainian media, NATO shills and officials were actively disseminating information about an alleged missileattack on our frigate off Serpent Island.

This turned out to be another lie to inspire the Ukrainians against the backdrop of the defeat in Mariupol and the heavy losses of the Armed
Forces of Ukraine in battles.

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”

Source: Lord of War (Telegram)

Cc: HumbledbYGrace Mukina lalasticalala. Abeg move to the front page we don burst another fake news

3 Likes

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Teeaser4(m): 10:32am On May 07, 2022
Debunked!!!

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by tonididdy(m): 10:33am On May 07, 2022
I don't really care the damage on Russian arsenals. None of this has deterred Putin from wasting bloody ujranian lives

2 Likes

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Teeaser4(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2022
tonididdy:
I don't really care the damage on Russian arsenals. None of this has deterred Putin from wasting bloody ujranian lives
not even the sanctions

1 Like

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by RiceProducers: 10:38am On May 07, 2022
What's it doing in Sevastopol?
It was correctly reported damaged by missiles or mines. Many wounded crew men. That was why it sailed to Sevastopol
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by baralatie(m): 10:43am On May 07, 2022
RiceProducers:
It was correctly reported damaged by missiles or mines. Many wounded crew men. That was why it sailed to Sevastopol
Does that look like a damaged boat?
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Teeaser4(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2022
RiceProducers:
you say

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Teeaser4(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2022
baralatie:

dem say dem sunk am, not damaged… both damaged and sunk don cast now

As dem don kill 60 imaginary generals
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by baralatie(m): 10:48am On May 07, 2022
Teeaser4:
dem say dem sunk am, not damaged… both damaged and sunk don cast now

As dem don kill 60 imaginary generals
Me I wan even help them with the lie sef?
I dey ask am the boat r semble something we get scratch?
Since day 1 that the news broke on BBC (bbc said it cannot verify it ,that it was a Ukrainian senior official that said it).I just walked away from the news.
Now the Ukrainians officials again have come another one.i am just looking at these people.
It is like these ukrainians officials are pros in telling fables

1 Like

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Teeaser4(m): 10:59am On May 07, 2022
baralatie:

Me I wan even help them with the lie sef?
I dey ask am the boat r semble something we get scratch?
Since day 1 that the news broke on BBC (bbc said it cannot verify it ,that it was a Ukrainian senior official that said it).I just walked away from the news.
Now the Ukrainians officials again have come another one.i am just looking at these people.
It is like these ukrainians officials are pros in telling fables
hilarious ain’t it, there lies no Dey last again like Nepa light… it’s media war we understand but those jambites dey carry am for head like core course. Who’s that mod wey Dey move unverified news to front page, he/she needs to be removed by Seun. I won’t be surprised this news no go smell FP, I don’t care either. Make dem Dey lie make we Dey burst em….

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:02am On May 07, 2022
Why the war in Ukraine?
The answer is very simple. The US is doing everything it can to prevent the eventual union of Europe and Russia. If such a union were to take place, it would put an end to NATO and American dominance, economic and military control, in the region.

4 Likes

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2022
Volunteers in Ukraine, including Brits, are dispelling any swashbuckling romantic allure about a noble cause that can still end horribly �

‘It was a suicide mission’: life on the front lines for foreign fighters in Ukraine

It's now one month since the comedian stopped talking about the word "NO FLY ZONE"

2 Likes

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Teeaser4(m): 11:07am On May 07, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
Volunteers in Ukraine, including Brits, are dispelling any swashbuckling romantic allure about a noble cause that can still end horribly �

‘It was a suicide mission’: life on the front lines for foreign fighters in Ukraine

It's now one month since the comedian stopped talking about the word "NO FLY ZONE"
NFZ na suicide mission. Who wan die fest, which country wan experience ICBM effect fest. Dem no born em well. Their only power na sanctions which has been rendered ineffective, going after oil na another own goal, I’d love to see em suffer sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by AldrichAmes: 11:54am On May 07, 2022
Anyone with a brain knew it’s propaganda. That’s a modern stealth frigate that was commissioned in 2018 - not the partially blind Moskva that’s 40yrs old.

They goofed when they claim it was hit by Neptune ASM, lol. Neptune missiles can’t hit that - they’ll a much more sophisticated missile (which Ukraine lacks) - to even get close to hitting.

I also think Russia doesn’t do a good job in dispelling these rumours hence they linger. I guess it’s because they don’t care and only care about the battlefield. However, when it comes to public opinions - propaganda war is just as important as the battlefield.

Regardless, this war has shown that a lot of modern weapons by the west gulping billions are utterly useless. And the most effective weapons on the battlefield are Soviet weapons from the 70s/80s. All the so-called “game-changers” the west keep spamming Ukraine with from Javelin/NLAW (they all keep having battery problems and have been mostly useless), US switchblade drones (zero kills and they have either inaccurate or captured with Russian EW), US Stinger manpad (most overrated manpad in history and mostly useless) and UK Starstreak manpad (1 kill in a month and mostly useless - are only effective in Twitter propaganda. This is where Russia should be fighting the propaganda war apart from dispelling rumours that aren’t true.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by AroleOduduwa2: 1:08pm On May 07, 2022
Of course the footage is from a video game, but the Ukraine is winning brigade will swallow any propaganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by babyfaceafrica: 1:11pm On May 07, 2022
AldrichAmes:
Anyone with a brain knew it’s propaganda. That’s a modern stealth frigate that was commissioned in 2018 - not the partially blind Moskva that’s 40yrs old.

They goofed when they claim it was hit by Neptune ASM, lol. Neptune missiles can’t hit that - they’ll a much more sophisticated missile (which Ukraine lacks) - to even get close to hitting.

I also think Russia doesn’t do a good job in dispelling these rumours hence they linger. I guess it’s because they don’t care and only care about the battlefield. However, when it comes to public opinions - propaganda war is just as important as the battlefield.

Regardless, this war has shown that a lot of modern weapons by the west gulping billions are utterly useless. And the most effective weapons on the battlefield are Soviet weapons from the 70s/80s. All the so-called “game-changers” the west keep spamming Ukraine with from Javelin/NLAW (they all keep having battery problems and have been mostly useless), US switchblade drones (zero kills and they have either inaccurate or captured with Russian EW), US Stinger manpad (most overrated manpad in history and mostly useless) and UK Starstreak manpad (1 kill in a month and mostly useless - are only effective in Twitter propaganda. This is where Russia should be fighting the propaganda war apart from dispelling rumours that aren’t true.
You have a point. My assumption is that Russia knows it can't beat Western nations in propoganda, so they don't even want to try. They just focus and on their work. With Cnn, BBC, nYT, reuter, the sun vs RT..... What can russia do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by joyandfaith: 1:15pm On May 07, 2022
baralatie:

It was hit by missile but quickly sailed to Sevastopol. No media reported it as being sunk. Some parts of the ship was damaged by missile. Some crew members were said to be wounded. Damage may not be serious anyway.
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Svlla: 1:22pm On May 07, 2022
Admiral Makarov and Admiral Essen both Admiral Grigorovich class frigates are actively operating in the Black Sea.

No amount of Ukrainian propaganda or Nato coordinated attacks with the Ukrainians can remove this guided missile frigate from the black sea.

Also active in the Black Sea is the Submarine Rostov na Donu and theirs alot of landing activities in the Snake island a few kilometers from Zatoka and Odessa oblast area

Possibly, the recent Ukrainian harrasment in the snake island/Odessa fleet force concentration area may be (1)an attempt to either deter a possible amphibious landing in the Odessa area (2)or open up the Naval blockade of Odessa for Nato shipments and military aid. The latter is unlikely
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

It was hit by missile but quickly sailed to Sevastopol. No media reported it as being sunk. Some parts of the ship was damaged by missile. Some crew members were said to be wounded. Damage may not be serious anyway.
Whether we are pro west or pro russia,we all know that both sides have either lied or exaggerated some facts for propaganda. You can't tell me that you think that a missile hit that boat,the propaganda pictures we saw on frontpage was of a ship on fire,which indicates that there is severe damage to that ship. The ship we saw on the topic on frontpage can't be repaired quickly that in just a day or two,that it now looks like the above pictures.
We are all humans and children of God,so for you children or unborn children,please don't lie to us and take us as fools. The post that the ship was sunk or even hit at all is western propaganda. Simple as that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

Whether we are pro west or pro russia,we all know that both sides have either lied or exaggerated some facts for propaganda. You can't tell me that you think that a missile hit that boat,the propaganda pictures we saw on frontpage was of a ship on fire,which indicates that there is severe damage to that ship. The ship we saw on the topic on frontpage can't be repaired quickly that in just a day or two,that it now looks like the above pictures.
We are all humans and children of God,so for your children or unborn children,please don't lie to us and take us as fools. The post that the ship was sunk or even hit at all is western propaganda. Simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by baralatie(m): 1:50pm On May 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

According to you that was on ground in Ukraine?

2 Likes

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Teeaser4(m): 2:10pm On May 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

you say…..as seen from one user’s post here yesterday …

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by Teeaser4(m): 2:13pm On May 07, 2022
ifyken:

We are all humans and children of God,so for you children or unborn children,please don't lie to us and take us as fools. The post that the ship was sunk or even hit at all is western propaganda. Simple as that.
don’t mind him, that igborat go avoid this thread like plague, cos na him spread the fake news yesterday, even made FP, fake news but the moderators no go push this one to FP, cos I just made em look like a fooooool, with this bursting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by joyandfaith: 2:34pm On May 07, 2022
baralatie:

According to you that was on ground in Ukraine?

And you were there in Ukraine to know nothing happened to the ship
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by joyandfaith: 2:38pm On May 07, 2022
ifyken:

We are all humans and children of God,so for your children or unborn children,please don't lie to us and take us as fools. The post that the ship was sunk or even hit at all is western propaganda. Simple as that.

It was not that easy to destroy or sink warship with missiles. Russian initially denied moskva was destroyed. Effort was made to sail it to safer place. Russia confirmed few days later.
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by baralatie(m): 2:51pm On May 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

And you were there in Ukraine to know nothing happened to the ship
So the picture that shows the boat hale and hearty is from thin air?

1 Like

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by joyandfaith: 2:56pm On May 07, 2022
baralatie:

So the picture that shows the boat hale and hearty is from thin air?
I believe you took the picture yourself
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by baralatie(m): 2:57pm On May 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

I believe you took the picture yourself
Ah you that is international photo news editor verified it?

1 Like

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by joyandfaith: 2:58pm On May 07, 2022
baralatie:

Ah you that is international photo news editor verified it?

I thought you are the editor
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by baralatie(m): 2:59pm On May 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

I thought you are the editor

You are denying the news?

1 Like

Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by joyandfaith: 3:13pm On May 07, 2022
baralatie:

You are denying the news?
There was no mainstream media that reported that the media was sunk. It was hit by missile. That was what i read.
Re: The Frigate "Admiral Makarov" Is In Sevastopol by baralatie(m): 3:16pm On May 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

There was no mainstream media that reported that the media was sunk. It was hit by missile. That was what i read.
Again does the picture look like there was a scratch?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1,300 Syrians Gassed To Death In Their Beds (graphic Details) / Kim Jong-un Impersonator Meets Donald Trump - Pictures / Ukraine War Shows Europe 'not Strong Enough': Finnish PM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.