Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. (1412 Views)

DSS: Fear Of Buying Re-allocated SIM Grips Mobile Subscribers / How Do You Really Differentiate Between Fake / Original Memory Cards? / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by Mikefrik(m): 11:37am On May 07, 2022
Good morning first of all to everyone who is gonna be opening this thread. I want to go straight to the point: I've used many memory cards name it: SanDisk, chupez..... But one fear always creep in my mind when I want to buy one: make he no go get virus, na then we will be hearing things like corrupted SD card. Abeg how I wan take format memory card after I don put many things there, Name it: music, videos, pictures. I go come see corrupted SD card. Ha! That thing dey pain me no be small.
Please house � I want to buy a new memory card and I'm afraid it might get corrupted again. I'm thinking of getting a 128gb, but fear of corrupted SD card dey grip me. Especially if I don move all my stuffs from the phone to am. Is there a kind of software I can tell those tech gurus at slot to put in the memory card after buying it? Maybe something that will prevent it from corrupting? Omo! Money no dey o... If I buy am he come corrupt, I no go enter slot go buy memory card again o....... Thanks.... �

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 07, 2022
It's that Chupez. I v fallen victim many times. Chupez memory cards are bad
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by duro4chang(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2022
You no wan buy memory card at all
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 07, 2022
Me i never experience that kind thing before. But it is possible my dear.
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by StarCaptain001: 2:35pm On May 07, 2022
Buy eagle or SanDisk
Avoid chupez
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by truthCoder: 2:52pm On May 07, 2022
Fake memory cards.

They dont have the capacity they claim.

They are 4gb cards but with firmware of 128gb

When you add data, it keeps accepting but it is at the same time writing on the earlier files.

All the memory cards and flash drives being sold by wheel barrow pushers are fake.

More than half of the ones in shops are fake.

The only way to get a genuine memory card is to buy directly from authorised resellers.

Gone are the days when memory cards are original.

SSDs are following that path too gradually

4 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by Uniquetani1(f): 7:45pm On May 07, 2022
I used chupez for 10years
It hurts when it crashed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by CyberEBOLA(m): 7:45pm On May 07, 2022
Mikefrik:
Good morning first of all to everyone who is gonna be opening this thread. I want to go straight to the point: I've used many memory cards name it: SanDisk, chupez..... But one fear always creep in my mind when I want to buy one: make he no go get virus, na then we will be hearing things like corrupted SD card. Abeg how I wan take format memory card after I don put many things there, Name it: music, videos, pictures. I go come see corrupted SD card. Ha! That thing dey pain me no be small.
Please house � I want to buy a new memory card and I'm afraid it might get corrupted again. I'm thinking of getting a 128gb, but fear of corrupted SD card dey grip me. Especially if I don move all my stuffs from the phone to am. Is there a kind of software I can tell those tech gurus at slot to put in the memory card after buying it? Maybe something that will prevent it from corrupting? Omo! Money no dey o... If I buy am he come corrupt, I no go enter slot go buy memory card again o Thanks.... �
When it comes to buying memorycard, the only person I trust in the whole world to deliver is just2endowed .
I have been using a 64gb memory card i bought from him for 3 years now without a single issue.

That guy na wizard when it comes to original memory card.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by Mikefrik(m): 8:29pm On May 07, 2022
CyberEBOLA:
When it comes to buying memorycard, the only person I trust in the whole world to deliver is just2endowed .
I have been using a 64gb memory card i bought from him for 3 years now without a single issue.

Okay thanks, but my brother, death is not the relief, Christ Jesus is. When life becomes a burden and you surrender all to Him, He gives you peace. I plead you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and personal savior today, and it shall be well with you in Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by wiseone28: 10:37pm On May 07, 2022
I used to know original memory card like 2010 to 2017.

Now it is very difficult to differentiate original with fake.

Even a well known shops do sell fake too.

I don't even think of buying a memory card so that i won't waste my money on a fake product.

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by wiseone28: 10:39pm On May 07, 2022
truthCoder:
Fake memory cards.

When you add data, it keeps accepting but it is at the same time writing on the earlier files.

All the memory cards and flash drives being sold by wheel barrow pushers are fake.

The only way to get a genuine memory card is to buy directly from authorised resellers.

You said it all
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by just2endowed: 11:33pm On May 07, 2022
CyberEBOLA:

Thanks bro I appreciate. Glad you still using it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by 11Anonymous(m): 11:34pm On May 07, 2022
My last memory card almost killed my device. It suddenly became very hot and the device's memory card Port started melting, then automatically switch off because of overheating.

Just stop using SD card. They can harm your device when they get unstable/end of life.
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by DesChyko: 4:44am On May 08, 2022
Just buy from authorized outlets. What you call virus is actually deliberate or otherwise factory fault.
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by Xitri: 7:44am On May 08, 2022
buy a phone with a high storage capacity, if u need to transfer then get a flash. People are not using memory cards any longer
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by thesolutions(m): 8:42am On May 08, 2022
Mikefrik:
Please house � I want to buy a new memory card and I'm afraid it might get corrupted again. I'm thinking of getting a 128gb, but fear of corrupted SD card dey grip me. Especially if I don move all my stuffs from the phone to am. Is there a kind of software I can tell those tech gurus at slot to put in the memory card after buying it? Maybe something that will prevent it from corrupting? Omo! Money no dey o... If I buy am he come corrupt, I no go enter slot go buy memory card again o....... Thanks.... �
SanDisk made in China. If you buy made in Taiwan, na you Sabi. Taiwan has been spoiling the name of China since their independence. Yet people think Taiwan is same as China.
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by thesolutions(m): 8:45am On May 08, 2022
truthCoder:
Fake memory cards.

I have original SanDisk and Fonecom M/Card and flash/OTG
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by truthCoder: 8:56am On May 08, 2022
thesolutions:

I have original SanDisk and Fonecom M/Card and flash/OTG

Serial number verifiable?
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by thesolutions(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2022
truthCoder:

Serial number verifiable?
If you have the platform, yes.
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by ConnectPhones(m): 10:45am On May 08, 2022
Buy SanDisk memory cards or even Tucas memory card. Tucas has office in Lagos and Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by immortalityk: 10:53am On May 08, 2022
I

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by Mikefrik(m): 7:55pm On May 09, 2022
11Anonymous:
My last memory card almost killed my device. It suddenly became very hot and the device's memory card Port started melting, then automatically switch off because of overheating.

Just stop using SD card. They can harm your device when they get unstable/end of life.
So are you saying that SD card do expire?
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by 11Anonymous(m): 8:32pm On May 09, 2022
Mikefrik:

So are you saying that SD card do expire?
They do.
Re: The Fear Of Buying Memory Cards; Please Come In! Memory Card Users. by Mikefrik(m): 8:37pm On May 09, 2022
11Anonymous:
They do.
But why would they? After spending money to buy, it will now spoil.

(1) (Reply)

Camon 19 For Sale / How 2 Pair Nokia 5800 With A Bluetooth Handsfree / Swift 4g Is The Best Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.