Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,341 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

Rather Than Become A Menace, He Took Menial Jobs, And Grew From There! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rather Than Become A Menace, He Took Menial Jobs, And Grew From There! (550 Views)

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rather Than Become A Menace, He Took Menial Jobs, And Grew From There! by sammyscholar(m): 4:41pm On May 07, 2022
I WAS A SITE LABORER!

By: Sam Tayo

I was a farmworker, bagging, mixing, carrying, and arranging pig and chicken feeds at Oke-aro Piggery village.

I was a farm attendant, cleaning and caring for pigs and chickens.

I was a casual veterinary doctor, administering drugs to chickens and pigs, carrying out castration on baby pigs, and lots more.

I was a site laborer, mixing cement and carrying blocks to serve masons.

I was a block molder, and I did a lot of block molding in my area, using a manual molding machine.

I was a bricklayer, and if I handle a trowel today, you will marvel at my dexterity.

I was a casual painter; I did much of our house, and many other facilities', painting.

I am a professional plumber, apprenticed between 2006 and 2008, and, since then, I have executed many projects across Nigeria. I know many of my clients are reading this. (Although I have now moved into something entirely different).

Was it easy?
No!
But was it better?
Yes!

It was better than swindling people; It was better than stealing what belongs to others; It was better than me being the reason why people can not move safely or sleep with their two eyes closed because they could either be killed, robbed, kidnapped, or used for money ritual; It was better than anything that does not represent Godly or legitimate hustle!

My precept was simple and direct:

1) Whatever legitimate thing my hand finds, no matter how menial, I will do;

2) While at that, I will continue to develop myself in skills and knowledge, through academic and vocational certifications;

3) I will continue to do the two things above till doors of better opportunities open for me.

Every youth (in fact, every Nigerian) should put the fear of God and love of humanity in their hearts.

Let all those who engage in robbery, fraud, kidnapping, money rituals, and other evil activities seek legitimate engagements, no matter how menial, and then develop themselves in preparation for the better opportunities that God will bring on their way!

We are all created for something better, greater, and more worthwhile. So, rather than becoming a menace, take up a legitimate job, no matter menial, and grow from there!

Yes, I was a site laborer. It was better than being a robber, a fraudster, or a killer!

© Sam Tayo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rather Than Become A Menace, He Took Menial Jobs, And Grew From There! by sammyscholar(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2022
I hope this speaks into the heart of every Nigerian!
Re: Rather Than Become A Menace, He Took Menial Jobs, And Grew From There! by RodgersAkpafu: 3:49pm On May 08, 2022
Very interesting read

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunity In Rainoil Ltd / Remote Content Writer (intern) At Binance / Credit Officers/loan Officers Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.