Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant (304 Views)

What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? / Advice needed on evicting a tenant / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by FIDELITY24(m): 9:23pm On May 07, 2022
Good evening, fellow nairalanders, pls I need your advice on how to evict a tenant that has been giving me problems in my building.
The major issue here is his inability to pay his rent, I know that things are hard but this one seems to do it on purpose and it's really getting on my nerves recently.
I have an agreement with my tenants to pay their rent in two installment (twice a year) so it can be easy for them, that's to say if your rent expires you can pay six months first and pay the remaining six months later.
If you can still pay the complete one year rent once it's still acceptable and much better.
Now my issue with this particular tenant is that whenever his rent is due, I have to call him, text him etc and yet he won't respond, sometimes up to seven missed calls a day and he won't reply any.
He will only call back whenever he likes and yet won't still pay rather from one excuse to another.
Currently he is owing me six months rent and am fed up with his altitude, so I have decided that I want him to move out, even if he pays the six months rent, I still want him to move out.
The major reason for all this challenges is bc am based in another city, so pls lawyers in the house, how do I go about serving him a quit notice.
I want him out of that building n there's no going back...
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by Teaveapoet(f): 9:27pm On May 07, 2022
Send him a quit notice. It's simple, just let him know you want to renovate your house. I also feel you should have a caretaker in that state.

Just ask a lawyer to help you draft something that looks like a quit notice or check online and copy his name and send it to the house.
Give him six months ultimatum. Simple.
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by FIDELITY24(m): 9:33pm On May 07, 2022
Teaveapoet:
Send him a quit notice. It's simple, just let him know you want to renovate your house. I also feel you should have a caretaker in that state.

Just ask a lawyer to help you draft something that looks like a quit notice or check online and copy his name and send it to the house.
Give him six months ultimatum. Simple.
thanks for your response, pls within the six months quit notice period is he going to pay rent or stay freely, just want to understand how this works.
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by doggedfighter(f): 9:33pm On May 07, 2022
Folake4u, how are you doing? grin
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by rickpat(m): 9:55pm On May 07, 2022
get a lawyer..go to court...he is owing you already...so in court he will be asked when he intends to pay...after that he will be told to pay for your filing of the case...and given time to look for a new house...be careful cus eviction is only done by a court...Get a lawyer
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by folake4u(f): 10:05pm On May 07, 2022
doggedfighter:
Folake4u, how are you doing? grin

Wahala. grin grin tongue

Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by doggedfighter(f): 10:10pm On May 07, 2022
folake4u:

Wahala. grin grin tongue

We want to hail you first before we solicit your help here. grin grin
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by slimjohn2k5: 10:35pm On May 07, 2022
Lawyer road long ohhhh
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by folake4u(f): 10:59pm On May 07, 2022
doggedfighter:

We want to hail you first before we solicit your help here. grin grin

I'm still a baby oh. grin
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by Teaveapoet(f): 11:12pm On May 07, 2022
FIDELITY24:
thanks for your response, pls within the six months quit notice period is he going to pay rent or stay freely, just want to understand how this works.

No rent. It's just like grace to move out or lookout for a new place. He might move out before a month or two.

You can also ask few agents or landlords around.
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by FIDELITY24(m): 11:14pm On May 07, 2022
Teaveapoet:

No rent. It's just like grace to move out or lookout for a new place. He might move out before a month or two.

You can also ask few agents or landlords around.
Okay... Thank you!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by Orangedreams: 11:16pm On May 07, 2022
FIDELITY24:
Good evening, fellow nairalanders, pls I need your advice on how to evict a tenant that has been giving me problems in my building.
The major issue here is his inability to pay his rent, I know that things are hard but this one seems to do it on purpose and it's really getting on my nerves recently.
I have an agreement with my tenants to pay their rent in two installment (twice a year) so it can be easy for them, that's to say if your rent expires you can pay six months first and pay the remaining six months later.
If you can still pay the complete one year rent once it's still acceptable and much better.
Now my issue with this particular tenant is that whenever his rent is due, I have to call him, text him etc and yet he won't respond, sometimes up to seven missed calls a day and he won't reply any.
He will only call back whenever he likes and yet won't still pay rather from one excuse to another.
Currently he is owing me six months rent and am fed up with his altitude, so I have decided that I want him to move out, even if he pays the six months rent, I still want him to move out.
The major reason for all this challenges is bc am based in another city, so pls lawyers in the house, how do I go about serving him a quit notice.
I want him out of that building n there's no going back...

This is the more reason you need to engage us to help manage your house, that way this stress is off you. Believe you meet it is not that easy to eject a tenant especially now that the law favours tenants even more than Landlords.

Said that, the tenant is ejectable.
First, serve him a notice of quit notice and give him at least six months to move.

Secondly, use the strategy of either you want to use the particular apartment for self purposes of that you want to renovate it.

Depending on how sturbbon he is, you might have to eject every tenant and then fill your house with either brand new tenants of recall some of the old tenants.

Finally, you need property managers at this point in time. So don't fail to call on us now.
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by doggedfighter(f): 11:30pm On May 07, 2022
folake4u:

I'm still a baby oh. grin

We don't need a SAN yet.

We can use a baby. grin
Re: I Need Help In Evicting A Bad Tenant by folake4u(f): 12:08am On May 08, 2022
doggedfighter:

We don't need a SAN yet.

We can use a baby. grin

Ewoeee!!! grin grin Oya na.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Perfect Four Bedroom Semi-detached Duplex For Sale In LEKKI By VGC / How To Furnish An Apartment On A Budget / School Of Nursing, Port Harcourt 2022/2023 Admission Form Is Out Call Now (070)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.