Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Treatment Of Heart Failure. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Treatment Of Heart Failure. (289 Views)

The Ultimate Solution To Heart Failure / Christmas Raises Risk Of Heart Attack / 11 Signs Of Heart Disease That Should Not Be Ignored (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Treatment Of Heart Failure. by hartopher76: 10:10am On May 08, 2022
Dear doctors in the house, for some time now my mother has been down with heart failure, most times her abdomen and her legs will swell up and her heartbeat rate will increase making her get tired easily, after visiting the doctor she will be ok so I really want to know if � failure has a parmenant cure or is it something she has to live with for the rest of her life?
Re: Treatment Of Heart Failure. by Healthyway15: 7:19am On Jun 01, 2022
hartopher76:
Dear doctors in the house, for some time now my mother has been down with heart failure, most times her abdomen and her legs will swell up and her heartbeat rate will increase making her get tired easily, after visiting the doctor she will be ok so I really want to know if � failure has a parmenant cure or is it something she has to live with for the rest of her life?

The body depends on the heart’s function to pump oxygen-rich blood to the body’s cells to keep them alive and running. However, with heart failure, a weakened/damaged heart can ’t supply the cells with enough blood, resulting to diseases of the heart and dysfunctions in the organs of the body.

It's okay to say your mum's symptoms are indications of a right-sided heart failure as fluids build-up, causing swelling of the legs or abdomen. It ’s also possible for both sides of your heart to fail at the same time, though. If left untreated properly, it may eventually lead to blood build-up in some organs of the body such as the liver and lungs (a potential life-threatening condition).

Worsening symptoms (swollen legs, unexplained fatigue, fast heart rate and maybe persistent cough) show her condition is at a severe stage, and require timely, adequate medical attention to prevent more undesirable complications. She might be experiencing breathlessness at rest , or feels discomfort with no physical activity ,

With appropriate and adequate treatment, heart failure is quite treatable. Proper treatment focus on treating the cause of the heart failure, and correcting any abnormalities in the heart so as to have an efficiently-functioning heart, and enjoy good life again.

For inquiry, feel free to check my signature.

(1) (Reply)

Dentist In The House, Please I Have A Question! / Don't Let TOOTHACHE KILL YOU / Very Sad! Pregnant Abuja Lady Dies Weeks After Her Baby Shower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.