Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections (16849 Views)

Edo Election: Thugs Chase Agents Of Other Political Parties From Polling Unit / Federal High Court Restrains Obaseki From Participating In PDP Primary Election / INEC Bars Douye Diri From Entering Its Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by aminulive: 12:43pm On May 08, 2022
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

The Independent National Electoral Commission has rejected the applications of over 124 political parties, this newspaper has learned.

According to a statement from the Deputy Director, SERVICOM at INEC, Okuonghae Olayide, 101 political groups applied to be registered as political parties between 2019 and December 2021.

Further to this, 23 more political associations applied for registration between December 2021, and March 2022.

An Interim report by the commission also indicated that as of March 25, 2022, a total of 124 applications have been received and none so far has been approved.

“As of March 2022, the commission had on record a total of 124 letters of intent from various political associations seeking to apply for registration as political parties.”

“The summary of the status of the associations is that 97 associations out of 116 have been advised that their proposed names, acronyms or logos were not suitable or available for registration.”

Speaking on Friday, Mr Rotimi Oyekanmi, the Chief Press Secretary to the INEC Chairman, Prof Mahmood Yakubu, did not confirm if any new political party will be registered adding that the decision solely lies with the commission.

This means that only the 18 political parties that survived INEC’s deregistration exercise in 2020 will participate in the 2023 Elections. The 2023 General Elections Project Plan launched by INEC in April also projects 18 political parties for next year’s elections.

A National Commissioner who pleaded anonymity that INEC’s Timetable can not currently accomodate new parties.

“I don’t think INEC is in the position to turn them down. The only thing is whether or not they will be on the ballot. Maybe by the time they finish the process, it will be too late.”

“If party primaries are over before they register as political parties, automatically they are out. Party primaries are to end on June 3.”, he said.
https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-inec-bars-124-political-parties-from-participating-in-2023-elections/

9 Likes

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by helinues: 12:45pm On May 08, 2022
End of the year political parties dem

grin cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by Seniorwriter(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2022
INEC doing their bids howbeit we citizens need to vote in young visionary leaders come next year.

@Seniorwriter

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:55pm On May 08, 2022
That is minus 124 presidential aspirants?!

Common, the more the merrier biko.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by DrBrainstorm(m): 12:59pm On May 08, 2022
grin Mushroom parties.

10 Likes

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by qekng40(f): 12:59pm On May 08, 2022
They should collapse their structure immediately and support a credible aspirant from the more popular political parties! smiley

There's no need having a 100+ political party and less than 10 win political positions.

It makes no sense!

5 Likes

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by halaqasa: 1:00pm On May 08, 2022
E be many things
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by muhyeenisce(m): 1:01pm On May 08, 2022
IGBO need mental revolution to play politics
If you start hating tinubu for no reason when he’s yet to become the president, I wonder how miserable your lives will be when he emerged….

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by funmi37: 1:01pm On May 08, 2022
On the march again, waiting for Mr President.

Meanwhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj6SYj75xek
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by chukkystar(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2022
That's the problem of Nigeria, we have turned Politics into a mega Industry

1 Like

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by integrity16(m): 1:03pm On May 08, 2022
Kwestionair:
The slain soldiers that they claim are from imo state and are going to do traditional marriage lol.

Northerners read the name very well, igbos read the name very well o, Yoruba read am well since IPOB has become your nightmare.

This Nigerian government have no sense at all, no wonder they call her followers zombies.

How are we sure this is not a concocted document?? How are we sure someone did not just enter one business centre and design this just to decieve people??

2 Likes

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by juman(m): 1:04pm On May 08, 2022
They should join one of the existing parties. There are many of them.
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by mctech(m): 1:04pm On May 08, 2022
There are parties that resurrect during election time and disappear thereafter. Their aim: money and appointments!

2 Likes

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by WideMouth333(m): 1:04pm On May 08, 2022
I started looking for salary jobs I could do. But I couldn't find any .
It was during one of my job hunt I met one woman that told me she needs someone that would be her driver ..
I have never driven a car in my life but when I heard she will pay 70k per month.. I quickly told her I can drive ,
She did not even wait to confirm ,she just told me to resume the next morning cos she have somewhere important I would be driving her too...
See gobe... I reach house and told my friend ,he laughed And told me to call her and tell her I'm not interested in the job ..i told him I can't do that ,.as we were still discussing,his neighbor in the next room joined the conversation ...
(The rooms are so closed together that if u drop a cup ,the next room will hear ,)
He shouted " don't tell her u can't drive oo , just wait I dey come '..
When he entered our room he then explained to me that driving is easy if the car is automatic..he said guy see
"Once you enter,start the car , place your leg on the right hand pad slowly which is the break and then put the gear to R (reverse) or D (drive). ... Simple .
So I spent the next three hours learning how to drive automatic cars from brother Thomas that is an okada man...
When I resumed the next day at work like a real driver ...the woman gave me a car key then told me to go and warm the car before we leave..
I quickly go to her Benz and press car key but na the Hilux truck sound pin pin...I realized we would be taking the Hilux and not her Benz Jeep...
When I opened the Hilux I was shocked..I saw 3 leg pads instead of 2 that brother Thomas told me ...
I carry phone call brother Thomas...he was already on his okada ,I explained my situation..he then told me " Na manual be that na ..and na the same thing..Guy wise up "...
See kasala.... The woman came out fully dressed and entered the car ,na so I start the car but as a wise guy I acted as if the car is faulty, I open bonnet and told her .we can't go out with this car..
She called her mechanic and insulted him for spoiling her car:,she then went in and brought out the Benz car key...
My mind came down ..once we enter I follow brother Thomas instructions,and I put the gear to R ..
As the car was reversing slowly and I was leaving the gate . Next thing I heard someone screaming " yeeeee My leg ooooooooo".....
The idiot gateman had stayed too close to the car thinking I can drive and me don scatter his leg with tire ...
Me and my madam was scared. I personally thought someone died , when I got down and I saw the gateman scattered leg, I told him sorry no vex..
But lucky for me the madam did not blame me , she told me she had warn him several times to always stay far from the car ... She gave him some cash to get medicine ..
We enter car back , a little scared . At this point something told me to confess I can't drive .
But another mind said "Continue but be careful'..
I reversed out, put the car to drive , press acceleration pad and the journey started ...
At first it felt Good..like play like play Nonso don Sabi drive be that
.. everything was going well because the road was free and less traffic.
Na so madam tell me make I stop beside Tastee fried Chicken, she gave me some money and told me to help her get something cos she has not eaten yet .
I wanted to off the car but she told me to leave it on cos she was enjoying the A c .
Now the werey called brother Thomas forget to teach me that once u want to stop in traffic or anywhere put the gear to P (park)
Me I just get down from the car like that and the gear is still on D (Drive)
Next thing I heard madam voice screaming my name "Nonso ooooooooo" .... I turn back And both madam and car don dey go ..
Omo I started pursuing the car , screaming jesus!! madam o Madam o...
People joined me too ... but the car was moving very fast.. and was heading to a police checkpoint.
When police saw the car and people at the back running after it they thought the driver is a thief , they brought out thier gun and pointed to the car indicating that if it don't stop they will shoot ... As my madam see Gun..
She jumped out of the running car with her fat body ,
She landed like an elephant and was rolling like ball before she stopped...
When I saw this I know my own had finished...
I started crying and cursing brother Thomas for encouraging me ...
Pls comment if u would like to hear the remaining story...

10 Likes

Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by Clonelord: 1:05pm On May 08, 2022
Eye service
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by xstyle: 1:05pm On May 08, 2022
Good move from Inec,enough of this briefcase political parties. Aside from complicating things, they increase the cost of running a successful election.
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by Kwestionair: 1:06pm On May 08, 2022
integrity16:

How are we sure this is not a concocted document?? How are we sure someone did not just enter one business centre and design this just to decieve people??

Did you ask the same question when the sold you the lies about the video? They’ve exposed you all now you want to start asking questions.
Lol
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by PussyKing(m): 1:07pm On May 08, 2022
grin
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by fastseo: 1:07pm On May 08, 2022
Kwestionair:
The slain soldiers that they claim are from imo state and are going to do traditional marriage lol.

Northerners read the name very well, igbos read the name very well o, Yoruba read am well since IPOB has become your nightmare.

This Nigerian government have no sense at all, no wonder they call her followers zombies.

Don't rejoice over the death of others.... The report says the woman is an igbo woman n her husband is from the North. Coming for trad
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by opalu: 1:08pm On May 08, 2022
Ahh
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by Kwestionair: 1:10pm On May 08, 2022
fastseo:

Don't rejoice over the death of others.... The report says the woman is an igbo woman n her husband is from the North. Coming for trad

Shey their name is there and the address where the ceremony is happening is there abi you can’t read ni?

Read it’s not expensive to read.
They’ve exposed all una lies now you’re dumbfounded lol
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by georgeakins: 1:12pm On May 08, 2022
muhyeenisce:
IGBO need mental revolution to play politics
If you start hating tinubu for no reason when he’s yet to become the president, I wonder how miserable your lives will be when he emerged….

It's in their DNA, nothing can change that.

They just hate anyone doing well who is not from their tribe.
It was that same hatred that made them eliminate leaders from other tribes in the January 1966 coup.

The fake love they displayed towards GEJ was because they were able to manipulate him to satisfy their selfish Ibo interests, Jonathan is a weak fellow
Re: INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections by kenzysmith: 1:13pm On May 08, 2022
Better o cause dew dey waste our time during results calling

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Approves $1 Billion Arms Sale To Nigeria To Combat Terrorism / Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ozu Item, Bende, In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.