Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,907 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) (37074 Views)

Udeh Chiamaka Victoria Graduates With First Class In Medicine In Russia / Favour Adenuga & Goodnews Johnson, First Class Students In Medicine, ABU Zaria / Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 6:15pm On May 08, 2022
Chidi Chike Achebe, son of the late Nigerian novelist, poet, and critic, Chinua Achebe, has bagged the John and Samuel Bard Award in Medicine and Science.

Achebe will on May 27 be honoured by the Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York, United States of America for his excellent and meritorious service in healthcare delivery.

A brief biography of the medical practitioner reads, “Chidi Chike Achebe MD, MPH, MBA ’92 is a physician and an executive, with more than 25 years of healthcare experience.

“He is chairman and CEO of African Integrated Development Enterprise (AIDE), an organization that works to bring together international companies and expertise to create sustainable, integrated delivery of medical care on the African continent.

“Its goal is to build 18 health facilities, beginning in Nigeria and Kenya. Achebe has also served as president and CEO of Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center, medical director of Whittier Street Health Center, and assistant professor at Tufts University School of Medicine— all in Boston, Massachusetts.

”He earned his medical degree at Dartmouth Medical School; a master’s in business administration from Yale University School of Management, and a master’s in public health from the Harvard School of Public Health.

In his professional endeavours, Achebe advocates for health-care equality.

“For his efforts in bridging health care disparities, he was awarded the 2012 Dartmouth College Martin Luther King Jr. Social Justice Award for Ongoing Commitment.”

Source: Sahara Reporters

Cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by God1000(m): 6:21pm On May 08, 2022
Congrats to him,

His father was an extraordinary man and one of my role models in Nigeria

A rare gem, highbrow, egghead, erudite, phenomenon and above all, an iconic symbol of liberation

153 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by FalseProphet1(m): 6:29pm On May 08, 2022
I see him rejecting the award like his father.

This I have seen

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by chigoziri2403(m): 6:29pm On May 08, 2022
If he was in Nigeria,he would have opened a chemist shop out of frustration

Things fall apart and sons medicine store

Congrats to him

242 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Adonis86(m): 6:30pm On May 08, 2022
Ije uwa. The chip of the old block... Congratulations ďż˝ and more wins, Omeka nna ya.

30 Likes

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Militant1: 6:30pm On May 08, 2022
Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by DropsMic(m): 6:30pm On May 08, 2022
Lion no fit born monkey

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by NewTAN: 6:30pm On May 08, 2022
That's a very nice one there. Nigeria Amaka.

By the way, maybe he wants to join the presidential race too, he might just be the anointed. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Yeyeboi05(m): 6:30pm On May 08, 2022
Cool
Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Bloggersp: 6:30pm On May 08, 2022
Chinua Achebe -- Goat

29 Likes

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Bashnigga(m): 6:31pm On May 08, 2022
Nice one
A Lion cannot beget a Goat
He deserves a medal

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by tstx(m): 6:31pm On May 08, 2022
A winner will always give birth to a winner. The whites are descendants of people who conquered communities, flattened cities etc and today looking at their society, it shows that the people inhabiting Europe truly are descendants of their forefathers

A loser will always give birth to a loser. We are descendants of people who sold themselves to the white man in exchange for guns, satin etc, threw away their Gods and embraced foreign ones and today looking at our society it shows that blacks truly are descendants of their forefathers.

Simply put.. Nothing strong pass gene.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Drillminded: 6:31pm On May 08, 2022
When giants lay your foundation ...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Szilard: 6:31pm On May 08, 2022
Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Itzteewhy(m): 6:31pm On May 08, 2022
Na this type of visionary people we suppose get as leaders/president no be some old cargoes and drug barons.

I no mention name ooo.

Thunder fire anybody wey qoute me

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by sanmtiago(m): 6:31pm On May 08, 2022
Mehn I hate comparison and just like they say comparison is the thief of all joy. I so much admire people who achieve these kind of fits. I be out here with my smart ass winding up in laxity and insidious indiscipline. LiFe’ cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by horlahwaley(m): 6:31pm On May 08, 2022
Wuuuahhh
Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by FRANOS2022: 6:32pm On May 08, 2022
Congratulations to an astute academicians

1 Like

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by AsomArchitectNG(m): 6:32pm On May 08, 2022
Respect to a legend

4 Likes

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by kayez: 6:32pm On May 08, 2022
Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Well deserved, congrats.

10 Likes

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by DukeofUmueri247: 6:32pm On May 08, 2022
Nice and well deserved..A lion can only give birth to a lion and not a sheep...I am sure the late father will be very proud of him.

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:32pm On May 08, 2022
Congratulations sir, Igbo Amaka

10 Likes

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by LordIsaac(m): 6:32pm On May 08, 2022
Chinua Achebe, my best African novelist. Kudos to his son.

7 Likes

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by Deejaygold(m): 6:32pm On May 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by babsbolad: 6:33pm On May 08, 2022
Congratulations on your achievements.

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by loadedvibes: 6:33pm On May 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Chidi Chike Achebe Bags Award In Medicine And Science At US College (Photo) by itzzkhaliii(m): 6:33pm On May 08, 2022
Oya gather here if you Thought it was the Dead father that was Honoured. wink
Congrats great man we they road also that medical MD we go earn am first

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Apps All Students Must Have On There Phone / Baze University, Abuja In Pictures / N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.