Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

How My Role In Blood Sisters Affected Me Mentally – Deyemi Okanlawon Opens Up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How My Role In Blood Sisters Affected Me Mentally – Deyemi Okanlawon Opens Up (551 Views)

My Incantations In Movies Affected Me In Real Life – Adewale Alebiosu / Honeymoon Palava: Yvonne Jegede Lauds Deyemi Okanlawon For Near-Nude Scene (Pix) / Davido’s Victim Rushed To Dubai Hospital, Covered In Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How My Role In Blood Sisters Affected Me Mentally – Deyemi Okanlawon Opens Up by Jenniferchuma10: 10:07pm On May 08, 2022
Popular Nigerian actor, Deyemi Okanlawon, has revealed how his role in Nigeria’s Netflix original series, Blood Sisters, affected him mentally.

How my role in Blood Sisters affected me mentally – Deyemi Okanlawon opens up
In the series, which was released on Thursday, Deyemi acted as Kola Ademola, an abusive partner who brutalised his victims as a pastime.

On his Twitter page, the actor noted that perfecting his role in the movie was a mentally draining process.

He earlier tweeted, “Kola Ademola definitely affected me more than I care to admit and it took months to get to a semblance of normalcy. Strangely while I still firmly believe aggression should be met with justice, I now empathise with people who carry such demons.”

Shedding more light on the post, he added, “As Deyemi Okanlawon I pray to continue to defend victims of discrimination and violence with my life.

“However, as an ACTOR, my craft dictates in order to give the best performance I cannot judge a character’s life/actions but must become the character.

“In order to embody a character, I have to temporarily suspend my personal beliefs to truly understand who they are and why they do what they do.

“This is a very mentally draining process and oftentimes after such experiences I would need help and time to rediscover my true North.

“Being raised from childhood not to ever hit a woman it was pure torture to now have to push past that to get to the point where the rage and emotions (which my scene partner also needed for her performance) were real yet have the willpower to ensure there was no physical contact.

For more details please click on the link below �
https://www.trendinghub.ng/how-my-role-in-blood-sisters-affected-me-mentally-deyemi-okanlawon-opens-up/

Re: How My Role In Blood Sisters Affected Me Mentally – Deyemi Okanlawon Opens Up by Mandate2023: 10:11pm On May 08, 2022
It happens like that sometimes bro

Ipigs will come and cry nw since d said actor is from south west

(1) (Reply)

Nancy Pelosi's Husband Paul Pelosi Arrested For DUI / Wedding Groom Caught Red-handed In The Action / Ayrastarr Thrilled Fans With Her Bloody Samaritan Moves At The VIP Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.